Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    Sev?
    since we haven't seen you in the lamania Frenzied berzerker thread i'm asking you this in here:

how do you percieve the role of a barbarian, and the frenzied berzerker in particular?

Sorry man but you really have to rephrase your question:

Do you percieve a role for any barbarian, and the frenzied berzerker in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladebolt View Post
    Sorry man but you really have to rephrase your question:

Do you percieve a role for any barbarian, and the frenzied berzerker in particular?
    as you wish, though i doubt they will bring back the barbarian to the level of vanilla paste most melee's are in now, let alone to it's full glorry.

Default Thanks!

SO THAT'S IT?

UPDATE 24 is today?

Then what the hell was all this dialogue for?

So SEV can tell us "thank you" and go on and do their own thing?
    Why do you ask for people's opinion if you don't care what they have to say?

90% or more are asking for a serious DPS upgrade and you give us healing amp.....
    You stick to what you said at the beginning and don't give s__t about what the players think....
    Oh sorry... I forgot... you did this "Supreme Cleave no longer has a hit point cost" which is stupid by the way.
    It worked with Golem's heart and it was a good tool.
    You could use this self applying damage to create more abilities that would trigger to benefit a Barbarian

Well great!
    A new Barbarian era is beginning tonight!
    I am a Barbarian! If you heal me I can get healed better than anyone!
    Cause that's the barbarian way!

"THANK YOU TOO" SEV and all you member of the development team.

And although at the beginning I thought he was exaggerating now I got say that now that we reached the end of this "process" I totally agree with Hawkwier's post

"You're just not getting this, are you devs?
    I'm getting pretty sick of this...

NOTHING done to sort out the risible barb DR.
    NO addressing the proxy nerf to rage by power creep in other classes.
    STILL no clear DPS differential between barbs and pallies/bards who enjoy clear differentials in other game-critical areas.

You are getting ONE chance to fix barbs.

If you can't or won't address ALL of the above. You come up short. You fail.

I'm sticking with my barb, for now, more out of hope than expectation you are at all serious in fixing the GLARING issues that barbs have.

Honestly. This isn't difficult. It's blooming obvious. Why such a half hearted approach?

Sort it out or you might as well retire the class.

I've played my barb for 4 years, and don't want to have to LR him into a bard to cure his lameness.

But I'm frankly beyond shock and disappointment, and simply fed up with the myopia on display now. So if you can't sort things properly by U24. I'm gonna go grab a lute. And if it turns out I don't like that, I'll call it a day.

At least you'll be able to console yourselves with the fact that you will only have wasted a few months trying and failing to fix barbs - whilst some of us will have wasted years waiting for you to succeed.

But no longer. Enough is enough. "

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bladebolt View Post
    SO THAT'S IT?

UPDATE 24 is today?

Then what the hell was all this dialogue for?

So SEV can tell us "thank you" and go on and do their own thing?
    Why do you ask for people's opinion if you don't care what they have to say?

90% or more are asking for a serious DPS upgrade and you give us healing amp.....
    You stick to what you said at the beginning and don't give s__t about what the players think....
    Oh sorry... I forgot... you did this "Supreme Cleave no longer has a hit point cost" which is stupid by the way.
    It worked with Golem's heart and it was a good tool.
    You could use this self applying damage to create more abilities that would trigger to benefit a Barbarian

Well great!
    A new Barbarian era is beginning tonight!
    I am a Barbarian! If you heal me I can get healed better than anyone!
    Cause that's the barbarian way!

"THANK YOU TOO" SEV and all you member of the development team.

And although at the beginning I thought he was exaggerating now I got say that now that we reached the end of this "process" I totally agree with Hawkwier's post

"You're just not getting this, are you devs?
    I'm getting pretty sick of this...

NOTHING done to sort out the risible barb DR.
    NO addressing the proxy nerf to rage by power creep in other classes.
    STILL no clear DPS differential between barbs and pallies/bards who enjoy clear differentials in other game-critical areas.

You are getting ONE chance to fix barbs.

If you can't or won't address ALL of the above. You come up short. You fail.

I'm sticking with my barb, for now, more out of hope than expectation you are at all serious in fixing the GLARING issues that barbs have.

Honestly. This isn't difficult. It's blooming obvious. Why such a half hearted approach?

Sort it out or you might as well retire the class.

I've played my barb for 4 years, and don't want to have to LR him into a bard to cure his lameness.

But I'm frankly beyond shock and disappointment, and simply fed up with the myopia on display now. So if you can't sort things properly by U24. I'm gonna go grab a lute. And if it turns out I don't like that, I'll call it a day.

At least you'll be able to console yourselves with the fact that you will only have wasted a few months trying and failing to fix barbs - whilst some of us will have wasted years waiting for you to succeed.

But no longer. Enough is enough. "
    Not to trivialize the post, but my u23 barb did 6-800 damage per hit on average of 740ish. This was spread across a few thousand hits on things that had no fort, etc.

U24, same barb, going an average of 800-1000 per hit with an average of 860 ish. Same test conditions, gear, and enemies. However enhancements were generally different due to the differences between u23 enhancements and u24 enhancements.

Overall, the u24 barb did a lot more damage and was more sp friendly when healed, as well as pot friendly when he had to chug.

I myself amd glad for the u24 changes. I just wish the loadout was a little different. But we shall see tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Not to trivialize the post, but my u23 barb did 6-800 damage per hit on average of 740ish. This was spread across a few thousand hits on things that had no fort, etc.

U24, same barb, going an average of 800-1000 per hit with an average of 860 ish. Same test conditions, gear, and enemies. However enhancements were generally different due to the differences between u23 enhancements and u24 enhancements.

Overall, the u24 barb did a lot more damage and was more sp friendly when healed, as well as pot friendly when he had to chug.

I myself amd glad for the u24 changes. I just wish the loadout was a little different. But we shall see tomorrow.
    So Seikojin you are talking about 16.21% dps increase.
    I can't really understand the dps math but according to the initial post by SEV you would get +15% melee power just by the core abilities.
    So what you say is what I expect to see anyway.

From where I am standing that is NOT enough to put Barbs back in the Game.
    My FB is really in good shape, although 32p built, has read all +5 tomes, has all the best gear (exceptions: Epic Litany , Mythics from Necro and tier 3 alloy GA) and the damage output is similar to what you describe.
    15% increase will not put me back in the End Game.

Yes it will help, and the healing amp is welcome but this is not what we were hoping for.

It is not enough.
    Barbarians should be the class that the party can count on dps-wise.
    And as a lot of people have mentioned, this is the only thing that Barbarians are supposed to be better at.
    Having a 10% advantage on Paladins (is that true?) doesn't make Barbs worth the trouble. Barbarians can go down in 1-3 seconds on EE. Why risk that for 10% more DPS?

Also this update has no imagination, no addition and no innovation in the FB tree.
    Where is the fun? It looks like nobody invested time in really thinking how to make the class viable.
    It looks like they just said, ok let's throw a little more DPS, a good dose of healing amp and call it a day.

That is my opinion, I believe I have really valid reasons to complain.
    But I will wait for the update to test it.
    I really hope I will be surprised although I don't see how....
    Last edited by Bladebolt; 12-11-2014 at 12:52 PM.

i agree on your post
    The only reason i'm not spewing bille over this is that my infraction meter is reaching the ceiling as it is.

i was honnestly happy when they anounced changes to the barb, and FB in particular. I have given them the feedback they asked for but positive changes didn't show up.
    Healing amp on what is regarded as a dps class???? healing isn't the biggest problem, staying allive long enough and doing dps is.
    Heal amp is meaningless without a reliable source of healing. in the barbs case: an actual healer or working pots, since we have neither, the dev's wasted their time, imho

i'm deeply dissapointed by the lack of understanding what a barbarian is by the devs, they seem to be turning all the melee's in generic vanilla paste.
    i'm angry because this meeans i need to shelf my barb again, triple heroic and epic completionist, +6 tomes, best gear in the game, etc, yet it's all in vain, it means nothing in EE.
    i'm getting too tired to tr it into the flavor of the week, something i did for the pastlives and gear grinding, something i'm not willing to do because some people lack insight.
    EE content already looks like a generic mmo, surrounding mobs and hack away for a few minutes but unlike other generic mmo's we don't have the player base, healer classes are broken and people don't enjoy playing them, even when people are filled with heal amp.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536