Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Mirror of Glamering Issues Thread

UPDATE: The following changes were made after today's hotfix:

The following changes were made after today's hotfix:

• Corrected an issue that was causing some cosmetic armors to not display properly after being created with a Mirror of Glamering. NOTE: This fix is not able to be made retroactive, so players who have created a cosmetic armor with the Mirror of Glamering and are not satisfied with the resulting cosmetic should contact support either in-game or through support.turbine.com.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the absolute minimum level of an armor to be retained when making a cosmetic armor using the Mirror of Glamering. This will retroactively fix cosmetic armors with minimum levels.

UPDATE:
    The Mirror of Glamering is not working correctly with older randomly-generated armors. Please do not use the Mirror of Glamering on older randomly-generated armors while we work to fix this issue.

Hello! We are continuing to investigate various cosmetic issues with the armors and other items that are created using the Mirror of Glamering, and could use your assistance. If you made a cosmetic armor, helmet, or goggles, and the cosmetic does not look as expected, please use this thread to provide us with more information.

In particular, we need to know the full and complete name of the armor, and if possible, when the original armor was acquired (approximate year). Please tell us what is different about the cosmetic version of the armor as well.

Additionally, we'd love to see some screenshots! If you've got a screenshot of the original armor, and another of the cosmetic armor, it would be of assistance to us. Remember that to display an image on the forums you'll need to host the image somewhere else (social network, blog, web site, whatever) and then use the "picture frame" button in the New Post UI to copy in the link to the image.

Thanks! We have been reading your reports on this issue, but the posts have been posted all over the place, so we'd like to consolidate this feedback into one thread.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 10-09-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

April 12, 2007 (give or take a few hours)
    +5 Mithral Full Plate - Pulled from the Maze Chest in the Crucible

Has been used in crafting and is currently +4 Mithral Full plate
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 09-30-2014 at 12:37 PM.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

I'll post a screenshot of mine during lunch. But I picked up some leather armor a long while back (probably a year or so ago) and kept it because it looked good. When I used the mirror on it, it lost all the little "extra bits" and reverted to the default "textured wetsuit" look for that armor type. Very disappointing.

<edit> Okay, here are the pics of the armor. It's just some Spiritcraft Leather (specifically +2 Proof against Disease +10 Spiricraft Leather of Superior False Life), but looked good imo, so I kept it around.

Here's the armor:http://imgur.com/c2qSyOg
    And here's the cosmetic armor it made from it: http://imgur.com/X2QC3Po

For some reason I can't get the site to actually just show the image in my post. Bleh.
    Last edited by Lorianna; 09-30-2014 at 04:46 PM.

So I have been waiting for the Mirror of Glammering or something like it for many years. There are some nice random skins in this game and I could never understand why they sold the ugly ones in the store instead of letting us access all the ones in the game already.

I have been saving this +5 Full Plate in the inventory of my main character for many years. I looted this back when Giant Caves was the loot run. Not sure of the date but this character was created during the headstart for people who preordered and I have kept this armor I would guess since the first year. It is plain but looks like real armor, kind of reminds me of the style in the movie Excalibur. I bought a mirror yesterday, very excited to use it on this armor:

Attachment 1084

But what came out is this:

Attachment 1085

Tooltip of the armor in case that helps.
    Attachment 1087

It is not even just the first layer but something totally different.

I don't even want my TP back, I just would like some glimmer of hope that the mirror will work correctly in the future.

I posted the above in my own thread but reposted here to get them in the same place as Cordovan requested.

Now I see that Goldy and I both get the same result, so maybe it defaults to the ugly green armor skin with no second layer when it gets an error on the original skin?

Edit: used photobucket
    Last edited by noneill; 09-30-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Conn Niall Paladin
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue
    If it is a Paladin with some version of Conn.... it is probably me.

Default Mirror not keeping colors

Made a cosmetic copy of my Hide of the Goristro armor, which I looted about a month ago. The cosmetic has all the same textures and shoulders etc, but, all the colors were washed off and it is now just all brown. The shoulders, the cross strap and the belt should all be a blueish color. The shoulder to shoulder straps and the trim around the large shoulder should have a gold color, just brown now. The metal plate on the hip has a tarnished look on original, but is just plain silver on cosmetic.

Oddly enough I am finding that I like the more subdued colored version than the original, lol, but thought you would want to see the changes the mirror is losing.

Original Armor:

Cosmetic Duplicate using Mirror:
    Last edited by Shione_Ghallandra; 09-30-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I made a helmet.

The original helmet was random loot drop, that looks like a Samurai helmet. (I have since made it craft-able, and have no idea the original enchantments)(it is also old)

The original was dark blue in color.

The cosmetic glamered helmet is basically colorless (silverish). But otherwise seems to copy the features very well.

Annoying, since my Warforged wearing it is base blue color and I really want it to match.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

We are working on fixes that will allow mirrors to copy over changes to armor color imparted by the random loot system.

Sev~

+4 Mithral Deathblock, circa June 2010, Khyber Server

Post Glamering.
    1st is more akin, but not identical to the Elf Craft Plate Armor style. 2nd, for some reason, is like the Starter plate or the Stonedust Plate, washed out.
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

Interesting, all 3 of us in this thread who had random loot gen heavy armor ended up with the same skin from the mirror.
    Conn Niall Paladin
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue
    If it is a Paladin with some version of Conn.... it is probably me.

Default Mirror removes colors from Random Loot (2009) with Cannith Crafting

Original Armor

Resultant Cosmetic Kit

Original equipment properties

Last edited by Claver; 09-30-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Community Member

The mirror lets me copy this store armor:

but will not copy this older one that I have the unused set of:

My preference is the second version, which has cleaner lines.
    Since it still works when I wear it, it should be possible to copy,
    but I get an error message when I try to put it in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    Interesting, all 3 of us in this thread who had random loot gen heavy armor ended up with the same skin from the mirror.
    I also believe they are older armour styles that were not incorporated in Lootgen post MotU, yet similar armours remain within named items.
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

Default Mirror changes shape and color of random robe from 2007/2008 with Cannith Crafting

Original Robe

Resultant Cosmetic Robe

Original Robe Properties

Community Member

That first robe is pretty sharp there, Claver. I can see why you would want to copy it.

Brand new character ran thru the Grotto to get an Initiates Docent to Glam, it will not let you use the Mirror on it get the no data found error.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Initiate%27s_Docent
    Last edited by Zzevel; 09-30-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Default This is more or less a copy paste of my info in an earlier thread about the Mirror

Bought the Mirror on Thelanis on my alt Kaelaria. I used the mirror on a randomly generated +1 Retributive chainmail of Spell Resistance (15). This armor was generated prior to the armor changes that deleted the mithril property from random gen and gave us skirmisher/celestial/etc categories. (So after Cannith Crafting was implemented but pre-MOTU.) The item in question was not mithril or any other special material, only generated in the time period when that was available. The cosmetic item the mirror created from my armor looked nothing like it. Neither the upper nor the under texture of the cosmetic looked anything like my armor, and the colors were different as well. My armor was a shiny silver with violet bits, the cosmetic came out a dingy grey with brown pants. To give an almost example my item had the upper skin of the Splinterskull Chainmail, (as pictured on wiki) but in silver & violet, and the underskin from Stonedust Chain (as pictured on wiki), the cosmetic looked like the underskin of the Ironweave Tunic (also on wiki) without any overskin. (I'm giving textual examples because its been so long since i've used my imageshack account I don't remember the password and its not worth the effort to look for it, at the moment.)

My theory is that anything generated prior to the skirmisher/celestial/magecrafted armor changes will probably not work with the Mirror of Glammoring, more's the pity, because if I'm correct random generated Elven Chain, Darkleaf, and a number of other armors with unique and often very lovely appearances won't be seen again on the streets of Stormreach except in the odd crafter's hoard.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    Brand new character ran thru the Grotto to get an Initiates Docent to Glam, it will not let you use the Mirror on it get the no data found error.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Initiate%27s_Docent
    I believe its not supposed to work with docents yet, its in the realease notes for U23.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

+5 Mithral Fullplate, acquired ca 2006-2007. Actual armor on the left, grey generic glamored armor on the right

Quote Originally Posted by Palna View Post
    +5 Mithral Fullplate, acquired ca 2006-2007. Actual armor on the left, grey generic glamored armor on the right

I'm seeing a pattern here. It seems a lot of the armors are defaulting to the armor look on the right.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Community Member

I see a lot of mithral here, but I think it's just because that was always some of the best looking random loot gen in the game. I think the common theme is the age of the armor. I have a set of really old mithral I was going to try, but I think I will hold off.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast