Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Next time I log in...

Ima buyin a mirror!

Community Member

Default Still ****ed this doesn't work with Docents

I don't understand why you didn't just open up all of the various armor visuals and let us customize our own suits.

There is CLEARLY a very strong desire for this level of customization. It's something basic about creating avatars to play with, that has roots going all the way back to cut-out paper dolls.

Ultima Online, the very first MMO, had a crafting system that let you dye your armor and clothing pieces to customize your look. A game as advanced as DDO should easily have an engine for that sort of customization.

Community Member

Default Weapon Aura Issue

I was able to successfully create a deathnip cosmetic item, but I cannot apply the weapon aura to it. I tried the enhanced fire and shadow.. when I tried to apply it says I applied the no effect aura (while I am sure I had the desired aura selected.. tried it a few times.. no good).

I glamered a Madstone Rod yesterday and to my disappointment the glamered version lost the size of the original one.
    Now I have a mini version of it

http://ddowiki.com/page/Madstone_Rod
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Aww, madstone would have been a good pick too... I tried deathnip also, lost an aura which brought me here.

Thought I'd mention my other fails, while they didn't work, Auras and Orb/Shield did allow me to expend an Aura glamer (Tried it to see what would work, since these don't have sprite/effect hooks I wasn't expecting much).

Chaos looks very good on a twinblade (rediculous but in a good way)

Edit: Just tried poison on a Belashyrra's Cleansed Scepter cosmetic , while it doesn't have a "skin" animation, the sprite effects still worked, so it has the mist and the drips from Poison. Gross, and I think I like it better, it's subtle and more gross.
    Last edited by G_Lich; 02-01-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Quote Originally Posted by G_Lich View Post
    Aww, madstone would have been a good pick too... I tried deathnip also, lost an aura which brought me here.

Thought I'd mention my other fails, while they didn't work, Auras and Orb/Shield did allow me to expend an Aura glamer (Tried it to see what would work, since these don't have sprite/effect hooks I wasn't expecting much).

Chaos looks very good on a twinblade (rediculous but in a good way)

Edit: Just tried poison on a Belashyrra's Cleansed Scepter cosmetic , while it doesn't have a "skin" animation, the sprite effects still worked, so it has the mist and the drips from Poison. Gross, and I think I like it better, it's subtle and more gross.
    So did anything happen with an Orb? Orb's mostly look bad (in fairness that's more about the hand position than the orb's) I was hoping to make a madstone skull with the new version of Fire. while using Adaxus also with the new version of fire.

I would really love to see the ability to make a shield or Orb look like the other... Also I would like to see Orb's be able to be glamerded into a off hand weapon... even if they restricted this to light weapons... An Orb that looks like a dagger held in the downward stabbing orientation would look awesome (there are monster casters who have this look)

I think that scepter and madstone rod can be had as a randgen rod/scepter which are smaller (normal sized). The size not being captured is curious... it makes me wonder if Earthshatter Warhammer will retain it's unusually large size as a cosmetic?

Seems like Orb's and those Rod's and Deathnip at least need some special case attention... I don't want to waste TP's finding out I can't make an Orb or Deathnip fiery...
    Last edited by IronClan; 02-02-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkenwise View Post
    I don't understand why you didn't just open up all of the various armor visuals and let us customize our own suits.

There is CLEARLY a very strong desire for this level of customization. It's something basic about creating avatars to play with, that has roots going all the way back to cut-out paper dolls.

Ultima Online, the very first MMO, had a crafting system that let you dye your armor and clothing pieces to customize your look. A game as advanced as DDO should easily have an engine for that sort of customization.
    because of their already horrible track record of handling data bases?
    lost skill/stat tomes, missing gear after tr-ing, duping, inventory issues, cluttered ingredients/collectebles etc

Community Member

Default Teyseus

Ran Relic of Sovereign Past, thought Teyseus, longsword at end of quest, looked cool so bought a mirror, used mirror, made a cosmetic of Teyseus, left the quest and my cosmetic disappeared. I knew the sword dropped at end of quest but why the cosmetic? Put in a ticket, played 3 more hours did not get a response. Logged in yesterday and DM said ticket was closed because I was not online when they responded. Should I resubmit ticket?

thank you,

Community Member

Default Sovereign Past Sword question

Quote Originally Posted by Feirbas View Post
    Ran Relic of Sovereign Past, thought Teyseus, longsword at end of quest, looked cool so bought a mirror, used mirror, made a cosmetic of Teyseus, left the quest and my cosmetic disappeared. I knew the sword dropped at end of quest but why the cosmetic? Put in a ticket, played 3 more hours did not get a response. Logged in yesterday and DM said ticket was closed because I was not online when they responded. Should I resubmit ticket?

thank you,
    Did the blade keep its original color? I tried it on Lam tonight and the blade lost its dark color?

Default Shadowscale Outfit

The armor glamored effect that is broken for me is Shadowscale Outfit. From the Draco Lich raid in Thunderholm. I first made my glamar around 2018-19. I made another this year thinking the problem had been fixed. It now shows a gray and black caster robe. The same gray and black robe shows for both of my glamars of the same Shadowscale outfit. Hope this helps in further narrowing down the cause.

Hantu

Quote Originally Posted by kavai View Post
    The armor glamored effect that is broken for me is Shadowscale Outfit. From the Draco Lich raid in Thunderholm. I first made my glamar around 2018-19. I made another this year thinking the problem had been fixed. It now shows a gray and black caster robe. The same gray and black robe shows for both of my glamars of the same Shadowscale outfit. Hope this helps in further narrowing down the cause.

Hantu
    Should have started a new thread instead of necro-ing a 6.5+ year old thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Yep Shadow dragon armor cosmetics still broken. Created the light armor version the other day and tried to make a cosmetic - no aura. I kind of like having a no aura cosmetic though. I'm using the dragon armor but have the cosmetic on to suppress the glow.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-502-release-notes

They fixed the Shadowscale Outfit in 50.2, but you have to make a NEW glamoring of it. Toss your old one and make a new one. Steelstar said you could petition for a replacement mirror so you don't have to spend anything if you want. I had some so just used one and re-made it. It totally worked.

This was the thread that talked about it and Steelstar's reply: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...52#post6454752
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Ghallanda: Live and Make Die

I just made (this week) a new glamouring of Shadow Dragonhide Armor (shadow dragon raid light armor) and it was missing the aura.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345