Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for advice

Soon I'll be TRing my swashbuckler bard and I know I want to go into druid, and play a wolf based melee build. What I'm not sure of is if I should stay pure or multiclass.

Does anyone have any advice on that, and, if MC is the best choice, what other class(es) and level splits.

Thanks!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

The pure-melee-DPS wolf builds tend to be heavily MCed: partly because you really need the extra feats from monk/ftr/rgr and partly because druids don't get much after lvl 9 (opens up Natural Fighting feats) which improves their melee DPS. So my first suggestion would be to look at the druid spell list and figure out what if anything after lvl 5 you consider essential to your char next life; from there you can back into a suitable wolf build.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Uurlock's Druid lives were: 18 Druid 2 Monk (lv2 and lv9 monk) - Half Elf (Rogue).

started as staff - worked to staff of the seer - then went SLA with bracers of wind, ring of the stalker, and frozen tunic (cloak of flames). nasty and extremely fun build! Had heal, cc, aoe and direct damage.

Currently, and for the past 2 years or so, druid in animal form have been getting off hand procs as if they were twf, and taking the extra twf feats increases this. It is considered not working as intended, but...

You can also swf in animal form if you have a one handed weapon and either an orb or nothing in the off hand.

You can't take swf and twf on the same character, unless you take swf then take 2 ranger levels, which auto grants twf at which point you can pick up improved swf greater swf improved twf and greater twf.

The strongest wolf form build right now would be 9 druid 9 monk 2 ranger, using a short sword or kama to remain centered gaining the benefits of swf and twf, though it's not considered wai.

I was thinking monk would be a good splash. Thanks everyone for the advice so far.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

See this post I wrote yesterday, where I summarized everything I could think of related to wolf DPS.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    See this post I wrote yesterday, where I summarized everything I could think of related to wolf DPS.
    I noticed it. Thanks!