Community Member

Default Vanguard- Shield Rush DC/knockdown bugged

*Copy paste from bug report*

After some testing, the save component to shield rush is not working as in the description. While I constantly land Stunning Shield stuns on EE dogs in Lords of Dust, I have little success knocking down the much weaker cultists on EH or even EN, despite my gear and enhancements/ED points resulting in what should be a very similar DC, against the same save stat. PVP testing in the lobster shows a balance save instead of a fort save (backed up by a paladin with over 100 fort constantly failing against what should be a DC 84 OR 94 fort save, disparity referenced below). The effect itself is called Takedown, and MAY POSSIBLY be related to the problem (same name and icon as the lvl 1 druid spell).

Recreate by taking two characters to the PVP pit, one with Shield Rush, and have at it. Also experiment against higher level mobs (at least epic level, as the skill functions perfectly against the training kobolds in the dojo). Use skills with similar DCs against the same save (fort) as a benchmark for the expected success rate, and compare against the actual success rate of Shield Rush.

Also, the text for the save references "class level", where Stunning Shield and the stun component of the capstone (Shield Champion) reference "character level". Unknown if this is using class level (18) or if it is in fact using characater level (28). (shield rush does not display its dc).

*bump*

Vanguard Shield Rush: While shield equipped, Activate: Rush forward in a line, delivering a shield bash to every creature hit. Each enemy is knocked down for [+2/+4/+6] (W) damage. The knockdown is negated on Fortitude saving throw vs DC(20 + highest ability modifier + class level + bonus to trip attacks).

U23 patch 1 notes state: The Vanguard's Shield Rush now uses a custom knockdown effect with a proper DC for its saving throw.

The knockdown effect was fixed but not the DC. It is only 20 + class level at the moment and does not take into consideration the highest ability modifier nor any bonuses to trip attacks. Tested in pvp tavern and verified to be broken. Have bug reported it.

I don't see anything in the U24 release notes regarding this unfortunately. If someone can check on Lamannia please reply here if it's working correctly now or still broken.