Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthquake DC

Quote Originally Posted by MousePointer View Post
    Two words: Evocation Augmentation. Twist it in for -10 reflex on mobs which increases your effective dc by 10.
    Just found it under magister. 'Passive Bonus: Chosen school spells have [5/10/15]% chance to reduce target <save depending on school> by 10 for [10/20/30] seconds.' So is the 15% chance just on the initial cast or every time they have to make a save?

Also, how many lvl 8 spells do you get at lvl15 druid?
    Last edited by DethTrip; 09-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Two

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    Two
    Thanks. Since all I really want from lvl8 is earthquake and heal, then all I really need is 15 drd. Hmmmm.

You can splash bard for evocation dc since ss gives some, also keep in mind that icy mantle gives a 4 debuff to reflex which is a effective dc increase, also another thing to note is that you can craft shroud solid foq clickies for 5 more potential dc.
    Also the magister debuff and possible 4 debuff from herals when they are subject to acid/light damage from storm of veng or random other clickies you can use to induce this effect.

As i tested a year ago or so on horns, with all debuffs i had a 93 quake dc and it was enough to no fail quake even assasins.
    When i dropped 4-10 points less i couldnt make them kiss the ground with 100% accuracy.

If you ignore horns tho you can mostly play with lower dc, specificaly if you ignore assasins and gnolls.
    For new necro content for example, there are close to no heavy reflex mobs so druid wil have some fun there

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    Just found it under magister. 'Passive Bonus: Chosen school spells have [5/10/15]% chance to reduce target <save depending on school> by 10 for [10/20/30] seconds.' So is the 15% chance just on the initial cast or every time they have to make a save?

Every time they make a save. Spam 3-5 EQs and cast ice storm/fw and they have there reflex dropped pretty quickly.

Thanks. Since all I really want from lvl8 is earthquake and heal, then all I really need is 15 drd. Hmmmm.
    If you plan to run in water ele form you definitely want 17 druid for Mantle of the Icy Soul. If you just do a fire spec/fire ele form like the druid I play, you only need 15 druid because Anger of the Noonday Sun is worthless.

Community Member

Let me recommend this build. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...asi-tank-build

It if by far the best druid build I've ever played, and even with an earthquake in the low 60s, I was able to solo most EE content with it, including What Goes Up.

Thanks for the replies guys but keep in mind that I plan on being in winter wolf form with monk levels using stunning fist. Primarily melee, secondary caster. I want to cast earthquake and then beat them down with melee dps. I was running a 9drd/9mnk/2ftr build that was amazing dps. I just pretty much want to add earthquake to that build. Working on some sorc lives, epic past lives, PDK lives and then going to try it out. The initial build idea is reply #19.

Wow, great replies guys. I have played monks a lot and love playing monks. I'm currently using this build https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Drd9-Mnk9-Ftr2 and absolutely love it. I have been playing for years and this is by far the best dps, survivability and self sufficient build I have ever made. I want to basically add earthquake to the build. I have a build drawn up that is 16drd/2ftr/2mnk. I know I will be losing a little dps, which is a little bit of a concern but I think adding earthquake will make it worth it, not to mention all the other spells. I am considering doing the three sorc past lives. I have very good gear on this guy. Shadowsights for +11, +3 insight from spider-spun and +1 globe. Only have a +4 wis tome. But from the sounds of it, I should be able to get a usable DC. I do plan on using tforged handwraps for the evo DC boost. Below is the build which is obviously just a work in progress. Let me know whatcha think.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Earthquake Dronk 36pt
    Level 28 Lawful Neutral Human Male
    (2 Fighter \ 2 Monk \ 16 Druid \ 8 Epic)
    Looks good, I would recommend the 3 sorc past lives, I had around 60 EQ DC on my druid and when it was not landing I used a solid fog clickie and doubled up on EQ then everything was on their back
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Here's what a DC of 48 looks like in EE A Stay at the Inn

Here's what a DC of 48 looks like in EE A Stay at the Inn
    While the videos are nice, and correct me if I am wrong, but dungeon scaling would make a lower DC viable.

Also, I do not play mele, so dc may be less of an issue with mele than it is with caster since you should be a little tougher.

I find in full parties, EE stormhorns -- 65 is nice for my build. I used to be in the lower 70s fully buffed but dropped it to increase my fire/light dps. I don't find anything be an issue at all in EE stormhorns.

Past lives both epic and heroic are a must to get your numbers up.
    Kitraine ~ Degenerate Matter
    Completionist / Epic Completionist - 15 Druid / 4 Favored Soul / 1 Sorcerer
    Triple past lives Sorcerer/Wizard/Cleric/Favored Soul/Druid/Morninglord

Other Main Capped Characters
    Krestal Sorcerer Azlix Cleric Talonaise Rogue Assassin

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Talonaise View Post
    ...correct me if I am wrong, but dungeon scaling would make a lower DC viable.
    So far as I know, scaling only affects hit points & damage, not saves or DCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonaise View Post
    Past lives both epic and heroic are a must to get your numbers up.
    Wiz/Sorc PLs, for sure.

But other than maybe using the extra Twist slot from Epic Completionist, which Epic PLs improve your DC?

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

Wiz/Sorc PLs, for sure.

But other than maybe using the extra Twist slot from Epic Completionist, which Epic PLs improve your DC?
    Only HP scales in ee. Damage is the same.

There are no EPL that increase DC.

Wiz/Sorc PLs, for sure.

I thought it was saves as well -- I even asked another player about that and they agreed, So I will bow to the wisdom of the boards on that one. (I prefer to play in groups over the solo stuff, it is not my forte)

Second --- I should have clarified here, more EPL = allowing more twists. So yes -- no pl improves your DC, but multiple do. I realize you understood that, sorry I was kind of vague.

I promise to stop making posts when I am tired
    Last edited by Talonaise; 09-27-2014 at 11:45 AM.

For what it's worth, this is what wiki says: ...As a result, several dungeon elements are adjusted, possibly including monster spell durations, hit points, and damage output.

I've never noticed a difference or heard of a difference in monster saves due to scaling.

For what it's worth, this is what wiki says: ...As a result, several dungeon elements are adjusted, possibly including monster spell durations, hit points, and damage output.

I've never noticed a difference or heard of a difference in monster saves due to scaling.
    After having a discussion with the group I run with, we agreed that there is nothing written in stone either way (note above it says possibly) -- but we did note that with more people, sometimes you need to use more gear, and we wondered if the CR of the monster changed, which would adjust its saves. Just thoughts.

Here's what a Earthquake DC 50 looks like in EE Friends in Low Places. Not no-fail, but still very effective

This is part 1 of a 3 part series I'm doing on comparing the some numbers before and after u23.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12