Thread: Ranged Power...

Default Ranged Power...

Clearly after a buff to melee power the next pass will include ranged power.
    I have had an idea about an appropriate way to increase ranged dps without just making certain builds OP
    Fort of all introduce high level granted class feats for rangers that will increase range damage. Perhaps we do not all agree but in my opinion the class titled RANGER ought to have viable ranged dps. Otherwise add ranged power to the higher tier cores of range type classes. Eg tog mechanic, arti, and of course Rangers. By placing the heftier summs of range power in te higher tiers we should see a break away from the monkcher and build splits that incorporate larger amounts of the ranged focused classes. Also making the capstones worth while would be good as it stands the only capstones that are any good (imo)are the sorcerer, pally SD and few others, my point in outlining this is not to start an argent about worthwhile capstones that already exist but to point out that when capstones had more value relative to their class there were more pure class builds and substantially more build variations.

Hope some of this is helpful and that I have made my points clear.

/Not signed

First The class name Ranger has little do do with Ranged. while Rangers can specialize in ranged combat if they like so can many other classes.

second Melee power is tied to Charicter level & ED not top tiers in Class.

This is just an anti multi-class push. And while I agree pure classes should have better capstones etc... Tiring arranged power to those is not the answer.

ranged power should be similar to melee power available to all builds pure and multi in equal amounts.

Now I know your afraid this will give too much to those ranged builds that are already ahead but, that is a different monster entirely.

Multi class melee that were already ahead we're not limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Now I know your afraid this will give too much to those ranged builds that are already ahead but, that is a different monster entirely.
    Yeah, I think that due to the way ranged works in this game, relying so very heavily in most cases on burst abilities like manyshot/10k stars, that it's not something that can or should be fixed simply by favoring some builds over others in a *different* way. That will result in a similar degree of build lock-in, just in a different direction. The goal should be to uncouple ranged from the build absolutism that has plagued it basically forever. Tying it to a *different* build or group of builds won't accomplish this.

Something that might potentially help would be to make ranged power *not apply* to manyshot or 10k stars damage, in much the same way that they turn off your doubleshot. That would help aid build differentiation and not provide any boost where it isn't needed--in manyshot/10k stars damage. You might even be able to get ranged people who eschew such crutches in favor of the more consistent doubleshot + ranged power option.

Once you've got your ranged builds opened up in possibility, they can then revisit the manyshot + arrow of slaying + adrenaline to see if it can now be limited since, qua crutch, it's no longer desperately necessary for an even useful ranged build.

So, basically:

1. Bring MORE options to ranged builds across the board
    2. THEN maybe talk about nerfs/limitations

Starting with 2 won't work. It's basically as if someone had demanded evasion be made a level 18 ability because it's too strong. Instead what they've done is give options to non-evasion builds that make evasion less of a crutch.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel