Default Erdrique's Blog-The Chains of Flame-Fun or Frustration?

I took Erdrique through the Chains of Flames over the last weekend and thought I would write about the quest-The Chains of Flame-Fun or Frustration?

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    I took Erdrique through the Chains of Flames over the last weekend and thought I would write about the quest-The Chains of Flame-Fun or Frustration?
    "Chains" is one of the longer quests in game that many people go "yuk" over. Perhaps its because of the many levels, the keys to find, the endless snipers. "Spies in the House" probably falls here, too.

But I often go ninja in there and do fine by avoiding detection. A non-stealthy party with strong ranged DPS should also be fine, with a couple of melee fighters. Strong fire/elemental resists and protection is needed as well as a good trapper for a few nastier spots and anti-mage tactics and restorations.

In short, Chains requires a balanced party or a smart one. And it is fun for me.

People should run this more often. A recent update GREATLY increased the XP earned in this one. On Heroic, you'd like get at least 1 action point rank on Elite.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    (Stormreach Shadows updates are in indefinite hiatus.)
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Yeah, I really enjoy running this quest but it is a lengthy one and always save it for a weekend in general when I have plenty of time to knock it out.