Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Default Improved sacred defense not adding bonuses without shield

Subject line- not getting bonuses from improved sacred defense without a shield on.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    Subject line- not getting bonuses from improved sacred defense without a shield on.
    Do you have either medium or heavy armor on?

The Improved Sacred Defense enhancements specifically say the character must be using a shield or wearing medium or heavy armor. If you are using Light armor or no armor at all, without a shield, then you will not get the bonuses provided by Improved Sacred Defense.

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    Do you have either medium or heavy armor on?

The Improved Sacred Defense enhancements specifically say the character must be using a shield or wearing medium or heavy armor. If you are using Light armor or no armor at all, without a shield, then you will not get the bonuses provided by Improved Sacred Defense.
    I was wearing heavy armor. My HP shot up for a second and then back down as if I didn't have the bonuses.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

I was wearing heavy armor. My HP shot up for a second and then back down as if I didn't have the bonuses.
    Try re-equipping your armor. I had this problem on a TWF a lot (losing the improved stances' bonuses), while my THF didn't have this issue.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

It may be true that re-equipping your armor works on a fleshy, but it does not work on a construct...

I have this problem every time I equip an orb whens trying to use SWF. I re-equip my docend and nothing happens - I take the orb off, and my stats jump up accordingly.

Cordovan confirmed this (unofficially) in game chat on Lam that it seems like a bug. My Hope is that it'll get investigated before live, since all those single weapon fighters might be in for a surprise.

Interestingly, this issue doesn't seem to appear when using a runearm.

I confirm this, +6 Str bonus/+6 Con Bonus and +20% hp bonus do not apply without shield with paladin stance.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

I have the same issue with bladeforged Paladin I rolled up on lama. The 20% hp and +6 con don't stick even though I have adamantine plating which should count as heavy armor for the enhancement.
    Tried un/reequipping my docent. Doesn't help.
    Using an axe and orb in off hand, so I guess same issue.

The hp jumps up for a second, then back down. Other stance bonuses stay applied.

Has anyone bug reported this yet?
    Main toons: Kessem (Caster), Grubbly (Melee)
    Proud Noob of Band of Gypsys on Khyber.

Community Member

accidental double post
    Main toons: Kessem (Caster), Grubbly (Melee)
    Proud Noob of Band of Gypsys on Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EliahuTheMighty View Post
    I have the same issue with bladeforged Paladin I rolled up on lama. The 20% hp and +6 con don't stick even though I have adamantine plating which should count as heavy armor for the enhancement.
    Tried un/reequipping my docent. Doesn't help.
    Using an axe and orb in off hand, so I guess same issue.

The hp jumps up for a second, then back down. Other stance bonuses stay applied.

Has anyone bug reported this yet?
    I'm having the same issue but it only seems to happen when I have anything equipped in my off hand ... t having nothing in my off hand or a shield causes the stance to apply.
    Last edited by valarmorghuliis; 09-13-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Hello. My name is Sulay and sometimes I play DDO.

Inebriated Ociffer of Renowned

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by valarmorghuliis View Post
    I'm having the same issue but it only seems to happen when I have anything equipped in my off hand ... t having nothing in my off hand or a shield causes the stance to apply.
    Is this issue resolved in 2022?