Community Member

Default Iconic Leveling Guide

I am on my second Iconic and always seem to hit the XP wall pretty quickly (levels 16 and 17). Currently I take level 15 and easily run GH (normally enough to level out with Saga Stone). Level 16 normally Necro 4 with Lord of Dust Chain. Level 17 things really slow down, hit some challenges, Harbinger Chain and Wheloon. Level 18 is Vale (nice XP quick quests) and some Inspired Quarter Quests, then hold till 20.

What are other people doing?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Currently, we have done, all elite, lvl 12 and 13's to start, all of them save raids.
    Then take 16 and do all the level 14's and some slayer in the orchard and gianthold. No raids.
    Then take 17, do 15's, no raids. Repeat the quests on hard once. Do more slayers to get deeper into 18. Then take 18. Also skipped in the flesh.
    Hit the vale. After elite, do hard, and then maybe run some on normal. No raid. They are all level 16. Also do the non wheeloon lvl 16 quests (tr partner doesn't have that pack).

From here you can grind lvl 16's to cap, slayers, etc. Or take 19 and do 17's. Currently I am 80k from 20 on that process. Mind you I have elite streak, greater tome of learning, vip bonus, guild ship, voice of the master, bravery bonus, and daily play through. This adds 250% exp to base every first run iirc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I am on my second Iconic and always seem to hit the XP wall pretty quickly (levels 16 and 17). Currently I take level 15 and easily run GH (normally enough to level out with Saga Stone). Level 16 normally Necro 4 with Lord of Dust Chain. Level 17 things really slow down, hit some challenges, Harbinger Chain and Wheloon. Level 18 is Vale (nice XP quick quests) and some Inspired Quarter Quests, then hold till 20.

the way my guild trs when using iconics is to NOT TAKE LEVEL 15.
    we stay at 14 and then do all the level 12's on elite to build up
    your quest streak. then when all level 12's have been run we then
    take 15.
    this way gives you a massive xp boost. hope it helps.

your friend sil

add in Vale (can never have too many crafting ingredients).. and Sane Asylum.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Just run sane asylum until your eyes bleed. And then run it a few hundred times more. And after that, run it a bit more. And in what will seem like only a few short millenia, you'll be level 20.

DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

Well since the forum is not letting me edit. I have a Greater Tome, +5% Ship, Voice, and normally Elite or Hard BB. Normally I don't run with any XP pots active (I run quite a bit of low levels for the quick favor).

Community Member

Default Edit

First time I get to offer advice!!!!

To edit your post right click the edit box instead of just clicking it. Choose open. Edit away!!

unless im wrong (last 3 iconic lives were with saga stones cause... well u cap directly XD) what i do is save all but gh for epics, reason is quite simple i etr then itr, every life, that's 13m and with bb well u get 8m or so? i manage to etr and itr doing sagas twice, all of em that means, with all the bb load u etr and have some quests with bb to spare

my iconic does: take 15 directly, do gh saga twice and necro 4 once elite, has been a lot since i farmed gh or necro 4 again; that makes u 17 directly

17 as u know its covered by litany, think i was doing something like 4e/h/n, the reasons i cause u can rerun that quest the next day and still get some xp (doing 3e the next day gives around 50k)
    18 do vale once, reaver's refuge once and the rest of xp (was around 100k) u can get em with few iq crappy quests if u want to

for me its better getting 130k xp from wk at epic than getting 40k at heroics when u have plenty loads of quests to do (and u are supposed to avoid quests than can be done on epic, for the sake of better xp and faster lvling)

dont worry about bb cause the quests u will start doing at 15 have crappy base xp, so crappy xp loss, when u have done few gh sides u have already ur bb at max and maybe have lost 10k, at most
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    unless im wrong (last 3 iconic lives were with saga stones cause... well u cap directly XD) what i do is save all but gh for epics, reason is quite simple i etr then itr, every life, that's 13m and with bb well u get 8m or so? i manage to etr and itr doing sagas twice, all of em that means, with all the bb load u etr and have some quests with bb to spare

my iconic does: take 15 directly, do gh saga twice and necro 4 once elite, has been a lot since i farmed gh or necro 4 again; that makes u 17 directly

17 as u know its covered by litany, think i was doing something like 4e/h/n, the reasons i cause u can rerun that quest the next day and still get some xp (doing 3e the next day gives around 50k)
    18 do vale once, reaver's refuge once and the rest of xp (was around 100k) u can get em with few iq crappy quests if u want to

for me its better getting 130k xp from wk at epic than getting 40k at heroics when u have plenty loads of quests to do (and u are supposed to avoid quests than can be done on epic, for the sake of better xp and faster lvling)

dont worry about bb cause the quests u will start doing at 15 have crappy base xp, so crappy xp loss, when u have done few gh sides u have already ur bb at max and maybe have lost 10k, at most

You can Epic TR and then Iconic TR? I thought Iconic TR required 28(cap) and Epic TR required 28(cap) but Epic TR resets you to 20. Or do you mean you Epic TR run back to 28 then Iconic TR run back to 28, epic tr back up etc.?
    Jubie Ninpucho
    Uber completionist.
    True Reincarnate Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dennisharlien View Post
    You can Epic TR and then Iconic TR? I thought Iconic TR required 28(cap) and Epic TR required 28(cap) but Epic TR resets you to 20. Or do you mean you Epic TR run back to 28 then Iconic TR run back to 28, epic tr back up etc.?
    You ETR go back to 20 then run back to 28 (30 in the future).

You ETR go back to 20 then run back to 28 (30 in the future).
    yup, that's why i said 13m, epic xp

right now im at 24(at 2,4m? dunno) with all sagas done once so everything with bb(except gh) and all sagas once on ee gives u around 9m, w/o vip boost

btw cof gives 100k too XD (oob was 90?)
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

I start in Lordsmarh plaza & Ataraxia

1st LVL 12 lordsmarch chain on elite(14) which can be done while holding a level for streak or at 15 without XP penalty
    Also get in the 2 quests in Ataraxia LVL 12s they are fast if your powerful and know them.
    2nd LVL 13 lordsmarch chain on elite(15)

Then it's on to the basic plan that others have posted GH,Necro,Vale,Reavers Refuge,IQ & on to epics.

Now the reasons to run Lordsmarch & Ataraxia while LVL 14 or 15 is the favor.

Lordsmarch grants coin lords favor for inventory space while Ataraxia grants House K favor for bank space.

If you skip these and run only Gainthold and above content from 15-28 you will end shy of favor for both and need to run quests over level for favor alone. Might as well get both the favor & XP early on.