Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Default LvL: 28 Assassin Needs new Cloak

He's been wearing a Piwafi since Lvl:20.

But now I'm thinking he needs new threads. He can get the Hide and MS elsewhere. The only think he'll miss is the invisibility guard... and even that's not that hot anymore.

My Artie uses the Cannith Cloak of Flames (or whatever that thing from the challenges is named). I like the augments, but it's not that great for a rogue...

Anyone got any suggestions?
    Without trade-ins for components, I haven't really looked hard at the Eveningstar challenge gear. I can't think of any decent named cloaks... Are there any?

Or am I better off watching for some loot-genned thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    He's been wearing a Piwafi since Lvl:20.

But now I'm thinking he needs new threads. He can get the Hide and MS elsewhere. The only think he'll miss is the invisibility guard... and even that's not that hot anymore.

My Artie uses the Cannith Cloak of Flames (or whatever that thing from the challenges is named). I like the augments, but it's not that great for a rogue...

Anyone got any suggestions?
    Without trade-ins for components, I haven't really looked hard at the Eveningstar challenge gear. I can't think of any decent named cloaks... Are there any?

Or am I better off watching for some loot-genned thing?
    I ran into a similar problem...ended up making a greensteel hitpoint cloak with displacement clicky. I swap it out with the Jeweled Cloak when needed. Probably not the best, but it works for me.

What gear properties are you missing and looking to add, or already have and are looking to improve?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member

Cloak is a hotswap slot for me,

Jeweled,
    Phiarlian Mirror,
    Cloak of invis,
    Cloak of flames,
    Cloak of ice
    Various prismatic cloaks,

There is not 1 cloak at lvl28 id want on all the time. And i dont prefer to swap unless its a big game changer.

+1 for slotting GS into endgame gearset. The other slots are much more competitive, too many musthave shinies :d

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    What gear properties are you missing and looking to add, or already have and are looking to improve?
    That's a good question. Not one I'm entirely sure the answer to.

He's an Int-based Assasin. Anything significantly better for these purposes would be good. I can mix it up with some of my other gear.

But I'd rather not go around with 3 cloaks for swapping. I've already got so much going my wizard is going to start laughing at his cluttered hotbars/inventory.

Community Member

You need a cloak that gives Kukuri prof...

The Estar one is pretty good for rogues - the right prismatic one might be good for you, or a GS hp or sp, blur, displace clicky, exceptional int skills +6 might be good for you.

I've always found that there are a lot of "neat" cloaks out there but no really "great" ones.

I end up with the Mabar one:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cloak_of_Night_(Level_24)

but that might be hard to acquire with Mabar going away/being changed.
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post

Supposedly the Mabar gear is going to be available in the new event.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post

Well, that had been my plan. But they cancelled the event and didn't put up the trader, so that's a no.

Community Member

Hi,

I think an EE jeweled cloak has a lot to recommend it, provided your other gear is already covering the main effects you need.

It's very handy for a build where your fort and will saves may leave something to be desired in hard content. It also has two slots, yellow and green.

I tried the epic cloak of ice from the orchard for a little while too, but it wasn't freezing things as often as I wanted.

Thanks.