Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

Default Unorthodox builds for a group of people!

Hello everyone, I used to do a request a build get a build, but others (at some point today they will probably be above my thread) have done a much better job on this, more due to their timely responses than the actual builds (don't get me wrong they have good builds, was more saying mine weren't bad)

So I created this, a group of builds, 6 of them, 2 are for a little more experienced players as I'd say they aren't as straight forward, and require some knowledge of mechanics. The other 4 are pretty straight forward, they just need to know how to fight rather than what spell is good for what, etc. They all work well together and if played right should be able to go the reaches, and survive through EE. Alone these builds may struggle, but if your looking for the static group to build your skill, build your teamwork, and not run over powered builds (shuri throwers, bladeforged jugg variants, the new swashbuckler defender, and all those shiradi fvs things) all of which dont just have their power handed to them of course, but look at me I'm rambling again.

http://pastebin.com/zJbJ7vG6

builds and their order:
    1. Pure Pale Master. Straight forward, requires a somewhat larger understanding of mechanics, I personally never suggest a wizard for newer people.
    2. Cleric Vampire Healer. The heart of the group, without a good healer or many self sufficient players a group will easily fall apart. One of Three characters that can raise the dead.
    3. The Vampire Defender. This tank is not vital to the group, but provides an asset at later levels, a large health pool with glancing blows via his bastard sword. He can also raise the dead.
    4. The Ghostly Axe. This dwarven axer will have a mountain of health and be incorpreal. He'll have decent solo ability with the ability to actually have both auras and burst along with his speed and damage he will definately be a fine blitzer. And remember helpless damage amplification helps if you yourself are helpless with negative auras running.
    5. The Blood Vampire. This creature was recently made possible by turbine. The enhancements not done yet due to the builder not having any bard enhancements. He will be your trapper, and a great secondary main dps. The ability to coup de grace, high crit profile and insane attack speed all work in his favor. Every time he rolls a 20 (up until level 28 where its 19-20) he causes a negative level. Add in an Epic Envenomed Blade slotted with a ruby of endless night and you will see a creature that will neg level EE mobs before others can kill it.
    6. Finally the ranged dps. Just another variant on the shuriken thrower. This one is undead at least.

so yes I made an entire group of undead that should be powerful enough for EE content when ye get there.
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

Seems a funny group of builds XD
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Stinging_Bee View Post
    Seems a funny group of builds XD
    Why is there a cleric in a group of 6 undead self healing characters that are immune to positive energy healing?
    good at business

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Why is there a cleric in a group of 6 undead self healing characters that are immune to positive energy healing?
    Best spot healing I guess (Harm).
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Best spot healing I guess (Harm).
    Right.
    You are not facing,
    You are not facing,
    You are not facing.
    It's completely useless "healing". Only use of Harm was on tanking PM in Nythirios fight back in the day, neither Cleric nor PM was moving.

It's still "treated" as offensive spell ( haha 600 damage for 50 sp is uber ), I suppose that's why there's that prerequisite.

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    Right.
    You are not facing,
    You are not facing,
    You are not facing.
    It's completely useless "healing". Only use of Harm was on tanking PM in Nythirios fight back in the day, neither Cleric nor PM was moving.

It's still "treated" as offensive spell ( haha 600 damage for 50 sp is uber ), I suppose that's why there's that prerequisite.
    Seems like an extremely poor choice.

Make that character Wizard levels for Shiradi missile. You could use the extra CC. He could drop clouds for AoE and more shirado procs too. Just have him keep NEB loaded.
    good at business

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Divine Disciple for Neg Energy Burst and Inflict Mod Mass SLA's

had no idea you could take those with DD.

I stand corrected.
    good at business

Community Member

Well, time to put these builds to the test. Starting a new static group that will be using the builds, I get to play the paladin. (Even though the idea of an Undead Paladin seems ludicrous to me.)

Interesting builds!

Quote Originally Posted by John_Rove View Post
    Well, time to put these builds to the test. Starting a new static group that will be using the builds, I get to play the paladin. (Even though the idea of an Undead Paladin seems ludicrous to me.)
    Don't hate (yourself).

Last edited by Vargouille; 08-15-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Awesome! Waves at Ze & Quen! I'm still alive! :P! ! !

Hope the gang is doing well! I should drop by & say hello!

Great builds/plan! Hope the static group goes well!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Too bad zombie for is so impractical. It would open up a lot of options if it didn't have that 20% attack speed penalty...

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    Right.
    You are not facing,
    You are not facing,
    You are not facing.

I have healed many a palemaster over the years with Harm. It just requires proper positioning and skill. Healers require more skill in DDO then other characters which is why they are so fun.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Zombie form is actually pretty good for casters - better defence than Vampire and a bonus to Con, plus the speed decrease doesn't apply to spells. You lose a few spell points and 1 DC from the Int, loss but that's not really that big a deal. You don't get the 2 DC bonus to enchant from Vamp, but that's only relevant when casting those spells.

Nice - I have run a few static groups (Pint Sized Pugilists was my favorite (halfling monks) but I also liked my Druid Swarm (6 druids, 6 summons, 6 pets, 6 cosmetic pets.....lagtastic)) over the past few years and it is always fun.

..but this looks interesting...I may tweak it a bit as I like my players to have some flexibility but this...this has promise.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Interesting builds!

Don't hate (yourself).

on the topics of pallys, can you explain the shield evasion nerf? Why??????
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_Rove View Post
    Divine Disciple for Neg Energy Burst and Inflict Mod Mass SLA's
    I personally can't wait to start! I get to play the wraith Axer! And I'll say that this is one of the most iconic builds I've seen through the years. I know it doesn't seem normal but that's what got me going! I dislike playing builds that are played again and again and again, then in my first year of playing I saw a pale master run around with a great axe with many barbarian levels. Made me think, "If that's possible, then who knows what I can dish up!"
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

Quote Originally Posted by InsanityIsYourFriend View Post
    I personally can't wait to start! I get to play the wraith Axer! And I'll say that this is one of the most iconic builds I've seen through the years. I know it doesn't seem normal but that's what got me going! I dislike playing builds that are played again and again and again, then in my first year of playing I saw a pale master run around with a great axe with many barbarian levels. Made me think, "If that's possible, then who knows what I can dish up!"
    Hahahaha! Nice! I love your crazy off the wall builds! :P! ! ! Awesome stuff Ze!

Say hi to everybody for me please! Thanks buddy! !

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    on the topics of pallys, can you explain the shield evasion nerf? Why??????
    Also could someone please elaborate/explain what this guy is talking about?

I seriously have no clue at all!

(currently not actively playing, I have been trying to keep up on all the changes though, but this one I must have missed!
    Thanks in advance!)

Community Member

Makes me wonder about a full party of 12 Wiz/6 Bard/2 Rogues, all running in Wraith with Displacement + Evasion + Death Auras (multiple DAs do stack right?) + NEBs, plus all the usual SB goodness. You could Coup the first 6 non-red names you encounter every fight...with good coordination you'd conceivably be able to kill everything except bosses without ever having to fight, and even bosses might not be able to out-DPS your passive heals...

Wailing Banshee party Its a decent build solo, but its one that benefits from adding identical party members more than other solo builds, especially if one drops some SB for WC chants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast