Default Mozilla FireFox always gives (error code: sec_error_bad_signature)

Hello forum operators. I am logged in via IE atm.

I am not able to lg in via Firefox atm., receiving (errorcode: sec_error_bad_signature) every time I want to log into my forum account or even try to watch the forum as a guest. Every other category of www.ddo.com/en works. Just not this forum. I am unsure where to post this issue, most support categories are for the game directly.

Using the www to find a solution to my problem was not successful. My time+date is correct (though I am in Europe and I am using European time+date) and the most mentioned solution using about:config command wouldn't work either. I joined the mozilla chatchannel and got confirm that this wasn't only my problem, but everybody elses, too, who tried to watch this forum as guest.

I hereby want to get your attention to that problem and hope you or somebody else can give me a solution. Because using IE is not acceptable. The background color of this posting window is grey. Along with a black fond this is just intolerbale to post here. Mozilla did not have this problem. Also, Mozilla always let me choose a temporary new certificate but right now, it immediately changes to the above mentioned error message.

Please fix this or tell me, how I can fix this.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 08-02-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Hello forum operators. I am logged in via IE atm.

I am not able to lg in via Firefox atm., receiving (Fehlercode: sec_error_bad_signature) every time I want to log into my foruma ccount or even try to watch the Forum as a guest. Every other category of www.ddo.com/en works. Just not this forum. I am unsure where to post this issue, most support categories are for the game directly.

Using the WWW to find a solution to my problem was not successful. My time+date is correct (though I am in Europe and I am using European time+date) and the most mentioned solution using about:config command wouldn't work neither. I joined the mozilla chatchannel and got confirm that this wasn't only my Problem, but everybody elses, too, who tried to watch this forum as guest.

I hereby want to get your attention to that problem and hope you or somebody else can give me a solution. because using IE is not acceptable, The background color of this posting window is Grey. Along with a black fond this is just intolerbale to post here. Mozilla did not have this Problem. Also, Mozilla always let me choose a temporary new certificate but right now, it immediately changes to the above emntioned error message.

Please fix this or tell me, how I can fix this.
    Which version of Firefox are you using?

Not seeing the same problem here.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

I am using the latest Mozilla firefox browser atm.

Searching a probable add-on or plug-in causing this problem gave no result, too.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 08-02-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Characters on Orien:

I am using the latest Mozilla firefox browser atm.
    So you are using version 31.0 stripped down with no plug in or skins?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1006235

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/939141
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 08-02-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Did all this except scanning for malware, since none of my tools detected any. Will do this and see if that was any helpful. Yeah well, clearing cache and cookies was the first thing I did, also, this will be done automatically if I close the browser or shutdown the PC.
    Characters on Orien:

Malware scan did not give a solution.

Deleting cookies/cache did not give a solution.

Deactivating plug-ins + add-ons did not give a solution.

Problem remains. I am clueless. Must be a problem on my end but I don't find it.
    Characters on Orien:

Bummer

I'm using FF right now. Not to rub it in, just for comparison.

You won't get any help from Turbine until Monday and that's a big if anyway.

You might try posting about your problem with Mozilla. Not sure, but it is possible that they may be able to help.

Also, have you thought about just doing a clean install on FF?
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    Bummer

I'm using FF right now. Not to rub it in, just for comparison.

You won't get any help from Turbine until Monday and that's a big if anyway.

You might try posting about your problem with Mozilla. Not sure, but it is possible that they may be able to help.

Also, have you thought about just doing a clean install on FF?
    I reinstalled FF already yesterday. But that was with bookmarks etc. saved and re-imported. If something in there was corrupted I might have brought it back. I will try a complete manual reinstall tomorrow. Will try another registry cleansing first, though.

Thanks so far for everyone's advice and links.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 08-02-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    Characters on Orien:

Couple of things that may help

Reset of Firefox to its default state - Here

Another thing to try is Palemoon Its a firefox based browser that cuts out a lot of the recent changes to FF.

FireFox ESR may also be worth a try. Can still get Version 24 on the site.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

PaleMoon works indeed (using it atm.). Everything back to normal, like certification renewal, then logg in. Thank you very much, I guess I'll have to use this now for DDO forums.... like, DDO is the only game on my PC, which shows diva attitude all the time.

But what the frog happened to original firefox?

I caught some malware, deleted, used several freeware registry repair tools, used about config, I think I did everything I could from a noob's perspective. But why only firefox and why only this forum?
    Characters on Orien:

I caught some malware, deleted, used several freeware registry repair tools, used about config, I think I did everything I could from a noob's perspective. But why only firefox and why only this forum?

It was the salmon mousse! o.O

I'm guessing file corruption of the certificate in some manner. The credentials or someohw in how they are used got borked.

Corruption is deep then, clean re-install without anything added did not work. Ah, whatever, I'll buy a new PC then, cache was full again, anyways. XD
    Characters on Orien:

Corruption is deep then, clean re-install without anything added did not work. Ah, whatever, I'll buy a new PC then, cache was full again, anyways. XD
    Certificate credential removal is different from firefox install/update/cleaning. And then there are times when MS screws things up for you. Deal with that **** at work a lot. makes email unreliable.

Thankfully, work computer issues aren't my problem to deal with to fix unless it becomes major.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    So you are using version 31.0 stripped down with no plug in or skins?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1006235

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/939141
    this has nothing to do with hardware acceleration, or cache issues, or plugins, or client side file/certificate corruption issues for that matter afaik. It seems to have to do with a new certificate verification method introduced with firefox 31.0 causing issues in a more roundabout way ... Below specified workaround did the trick for me

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1013113

greetz

I had this problem today after a pc crash caused me to have to restore the PC to factory settings. I was able to fix it by importing Internet Explorers Certificates into Firefox. Heres how:

1. Open www.ddo.com/forums in Internet Explorer.

2. Go to Tools/ Internet Options

3. Go to Content tab

4. Click Certificates

5. Open Intermediate Certification Authorities and Highlight all the certificates listed. Click Export. Follow the steps in the Certificate Export Wizard and remember the password you enter for the certificates. Save them to Desktop.

6. Open Trusted Root Certificate Authorities and Highlight all the certificates listed. Click Export. Follow the steps in the Certificate Export Wizard and remember the password you enter for the certificates. Save them to Desktop.

7. Close Internet Explorer

8. Open Firefox

9. Go to Tools/Options. Click Advanced. Click Certificates tab.

10. Select View Certificates. Make sure Your Certificates tab is highlighted and Select Import.

11. Import both Certificate files you created before to Firefox.

12. Restart Firefox and DDO Forums should load properly.

This fixed my problem hopefully it does same for you. Note I am on Windows 7 if you are using a different OS exporting the certificates from IE may be different for you. Just google your version for instructions. You may also be able to Export Chromes certificates and import them to Firefox if DDO wont load in IE.
    Last edited by Vengeance777; 08-07-2014 at 07:13 AM.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

I did all that but it wouldn't work. What really solved my problem was posted 1 year ago (same problem), in April 2013, someone made a selfmade certificate and provided this here. I imported that certificate and now everything works fine. But I just stumbled over that thread by luck.

Someone necroed it and it appeared in the today's post list. I think that thread should be made sticky or something, so people can use that cert, if it happens again.

edit that's the thread, which solved it:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...n-is-Untrusted
    Characters on Orien:

I did all that but it wouldn't work. What really solved my problem was posted 1 year ago (same problem), in April 2013, someone made a selfmade certificate and provided this here. I imported that certificate and now everything works fine. But I just stumbled over that thread by luck.

Someone necroed it and it appeared in the today's post list. I think that thread should be made sticky or something, so people can use that cert, if it happens again.

edit that's the thread, which solved it:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...n-is-Untrusted
    I never downloaded that cert, but it does show-up as already being on my computer. So, I gather that the one that you should have had got lost or corrupted on your computer.

Great that you were able to resolve it. You might PM Jerry and suggest that that thread be stickied in the tech assist area or in some way made available for people to find that are having trouble.