Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Update: Changed Holy Sword so the bonus to threat range and critical multiplier is Competence.

Sev~
    So there's no reason to ever take more than 6 levels of Paladin (and that only if the enhancements otherwise are actually good, which is not happening at all given KotC)? Good I guess, even if it flies against a class revamp entirely. I suggest abandoning the entire revamp now and save further time and money, since it will accomplish nothing whatsoever.

A dispellable, limited time buff that stacked with only TWO classed enhancements, which affect only the weakest weapons in the game and even with the stacking don't even bring them up to par against current top tier combinations, or for that matter, tacking the stick or dagger builds onto a few levels of Barbarian for Crit Rage and basically the same thing, except with higher dps and still not dispellable.

Dog gone it, I had to end my run on sentence.

With Holy Sword not worthless, it was worthwhile taking 14-15 Paladin. Now, with it worthless, why bother with so many levels of a dead class when you can get the superior benefits with 8 Fighter? Because of 1[W]? Group with an Arty and you're done. Once you boil it down, if KotC stays as it is in the OP, and Defender and Vanguard both look the same (most likely the case, given KotC) then why bother with more than 2 PAL at all?

It went from **** to good enough for consideration despite being in such a deep build of Paladin to **** again, all because some people who think that DDO should be a WoW clone insist that Paladins be usable only for a tanking role.
    Last edited by azrael4h; 08-02-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2020 Never settle for the lesser evil...