Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Maybe i'm one of the odd ones out, but i really like the changes to armor and power. i even like the changes to legendary dreadnought. So now it will give other epic ed's a chance. sure they might see some reworking, but at least they will see more uses. i don't get why people are against stuff like this. This is just to make us better. I'm ok with that. some things were really lacking.

When it comes to EE they can do changes here but in a different nature to match the upcoming changes. There is nothing wrong with that. one step at a time like what they are doing. I don't want to see EE become a joke. no one would have fun. I also think no one should feel completely useless. The reason why its easy to some people is because you're some of the best with your builds. people copy you to stay alive. Now they don't need to.

That is one thing i hated about games is becoming like everyone else. When i play any of them I want to be my own toon, but actually able to contribute to something. last thing i would hate to see is just it dumped on. This is why im ok with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqzor View Post
    - Changes to 2hd ... are you still re-adding glances while moving? That is critical to know when evaluating this change. If glances while moving return, and melee power goes up, I think you are on to something here and support seeing this get to test.
    We are working on changes to make Glancing Blows and secondary Shield Bashes work while moving. They currently do not.

- Changes to shield feats ... as there was 1-2 shield PRE's announced, and the shield changes in the other thread, its a lot to grasp at once (some of which isnt even detailed yet). As with any package of changes, the overall effect is whats important, and thats almost impossible to say here. I will say that this potion is appealing, frequently because shield users suffer dps loss for thier choice, generally making it harder for them to do their job of generating threat (via dps) to hold agro and tank. So right motive here, but need the whole package to say for sure.
    We won't really be able to discuss shield DPS until the new Vanguard tree gets posted.

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We want to move some of this damage into the epic levels and core abilities so melee characters gradually build damage as you level them.
    This is great news, the epic levels need much more as currently, it doesn't mean anything other than a requirement for gear/feats. As much as I don't like the idea of melee/ranged power, it's something, and can help soften the curve by making things additive instead of multiplicative.

~ We want to reduce the group scaling of hit points of bosses. This will reduce the hit points of bosses when you group, particularly on epic.
    What about the scaling of the damage? What about the hit points and scaling of hit points, damage, and quantity for mobs?

Melee Power, Two Handed Fighting feats, and Shield Feats
    To help further balance the system, some basic feats are being changed to add Melee Power as a passive bonus.

Two Handed Fighting adds 10 Melee Power while wielding a two handed weapon.
    Improved Two Handed Fighting adds an additional 5 Melee Power while wielding a two handed weapon.
    Greater Two Handed Fighting adds an additional 5 Melee Power while wielding a two handed weapon.

Shield Mastery adds 10 Melee Power while wielding a shield.
    Improved Shield Mastery adds an additional 5 Melee Power while wielding a shield.
    Improved Shield Bash adds an additional 5 Melee Power while wielding a shield.
    THF needs more than this, splashing a few bard levels into fighter or barb will yield much larger returns for single weapon fighting with a buckler than using a two handed weapon (other than eSoS which still(?) stands far above the rest of the weapons).

We are working on changes to make Glancing Blows and secondary Shield Bashes work while moving.
    Good. This should be mentioned in the OP (imo) as its critical when evaluating the other changes. Like 2HD getting glances while skirmishing around, and more melee power to help, starts to form an appealing package of changes etc.

We won't really be able to discuss shield DPS until the new Vanguard tree gets posted.
    I understand this, just pointing out that its hard to fully feedback a 5 or 10 melee power gain when the sword of Damocles is still hanging. But its the right direction.

AH! Heres a question.

Does melee power affect ranged damage? Fury of the wild is already absurdly powerful for ranged characters without any additional bonuses, so I don't think it needs help, but that would also mean ranged blitz is getting nerfed?
    Thelanis

Looks pretty good, one thing I'd suggest though... Give the +90 Melee power to Fate Singer as well. As a new Warchanter/Swashbuckler/Eldritch Knight, you're behind the curve being stuck in the arcane sphere without any real strong synergistic destiny.

Also, as a non-new character, grinding out Arcane Karma is not exactly fun because of Fatesinger being the only plausible melee destiny, but weak.

This does look good, however

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Looks pretty good, one thing I'd suggest though... Give the +90 Melee power to Fate Singer as well. As a new Warchanter/Swashbuckler/Eldritch Knight, you're behind the curve being stuck in the arcane sphere without any real strong synergistic destiny.
    The +90 melee power is only from epic levels no? I understood this to mean that ALL characters regardless of class get +90 melee power, and the melee focused epic destinies add an additional +60 on top of that.
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post

Also, as a non-new character, grinding out Arcane Karma is not exactly fun because of Fatesinger being the only plausible melee destiny, but weak.

This does look good, however
    Every Epic Destiny will gain 90 Melee Power just from leveling up to 28.

I will bring up the possibility of adding the Melee Power to the innate abilities of Fatesinger as well. I think that might be an oversight.

Sev~

BUT THEN RANGED CHARACTERS CANT USE MASTERS BLITZ

This is a horrible change.

They also don't gain any power from any of the other destinies you are going to kit out for Melee Power.

Please so not pigeon hole ranged characters or you will lose so many players.

I run in SD and LD with my Shuriken thrower constantly.
    good at business

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    AH! Heres a question.

Does melee power affect ranged damage? Fury of the wild is already absurdly powerful for ranged characters without any additional bonuses, so I don't think it needs help, but that would also mean ranged blitz is getting nerfed?
    Melee Power does not affect ranged damage. Master's Blitz specifies melee damage in its current description on live.

I will have to test if it works with ranged on live and if so discuss it with the team.

Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post

They also don't gain any power from any of the other destinies you are going to kit out for Melee Power.

And you would be losing nothing in your build.

The only ranged builds that will be nerfed are ones running in LD, and those builds are exploiting a bug anyway.

Melee Power does not affect ranged damage. Master's Blitz specifies melee damage in its current description on live.

I will have to test if it works with ranged but I don't think so.

Sev~
    it does work with ranged and is the martial tree preference for ranged toons when doing etr.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post

Fury is still very strong for any ranged build. I could see an opportunity here to add something like "ranged power" to the shiradi tree though
    Thelanis

To summarize:

~ We hate the mechanic of spamming tactical powers 50 times to activate the power. Since the code doesn’t even require you to hit anything, this step is annoying and rather useless. We want to eliminate it.

~ We don’t like the group mechanic where melee has to try to convince other characters to not kill minions so they can build charges. We are discussing a system where this builds as the character hits opponents.

~ We don’t like that +250% damage is stacked into one tier 5 ability. Not only is this a poor leveling experience, but it overshadows the other melee oriented epic destinies.

We want to move some of this damage into the epic levels and core abilities so melee characters gradually build damage as you level them.

~ We want some other melee epic destinies to offer competitive DPS.

~ The dodge bonus goes against heavy armor, and adding a 50% dodge bonus that caps at the dodge cap is not only less than ideal, but it is too limited for characters wearing heavy armor.

~ We want to reduce the group scaling of hit points of bosses. This will reduce the hit points of bosses when you group, particularly on epic.

To be clear, we don’t want to nerf melee. The only reason we are talking about reducing the damage of Master's Blitz is because we want to roll that damage into the epic levels and the cores of the melee oriented Epic Destinies.

The plan is to convert the damage bonus of Master's Blitz to 250 Melee Power and to roll some of that 250 Melee Power into the epic levels and core abilities. Epic levels will provide 90 Melee Power, Epic Destiny innate abilities will provide 60 Melee Power, and Master's Blitz will provide 100 Melee Power when it builds up a full head of steam.

Here are our current changes for Master's Blitz and epic play for melee.

~ Master’s Blitz will be a multi-selector. You can choose the Dodge version which caps as it does today, or you can choose a version that adds 30 PRR and MRR as it builds up charges.

~ The requirement of spamming tactical abilities 50 times to activate the ability is removed.

~ When activated the ability builds as you hit enemies. You do not have to be the character who lands the killing blow. The rate that you build charges will be tweaked so it will build up at a decent rate.

~ Each epic level (including level 20) will now provide a passive bonus of 10 Melee Power. This means that at level 28 characters will have an additional 90 Melee Power.

~ Legendary Dreadnaught will gain Melee Power in its innate abilities. Shrug Off Punishment, Action Hero, Unstoppable, Action Boost – Unmovable, Action Boost – Thick Skinned, and Combat Brute will each provide a passive and cumulative 10 Melee Power. This will provide an additional 60 Melee Power to characters when they complete the Epic Destiny.

Master's Blitz will now build up to 100 Melee Power through charges.

Note that with the Melee Power in epic levels, the melee power in the innate abilities, and Master's Blitz the character can build up to 250 Melee Power. That will provide a multiplier of 3.5 to weapon damage and effects that scale with Melee Power.

Sev~
    oh boy. can of worms is open.

sounds good to me, but Lammania should be a fun time experimenting with this new balance attempt.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Every Epic Destiny will gain 90 Melee Power just from leveling up to 28.

I will bring up the possibility of adding the Melee Power to the innate abilities of Fatesinger as well. I think that might be an oversight.

Sev~
    Can we assume you mean epic character, and not destiny? Big difference there.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu

Bug report form link

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    Fury is still very strong for any ranged build. I could see an opportunity here to add something like "ranged power" to the shiradi tree though
    He specified that it is the prefered destiny in the Martial sphere. Because it is.

Correction. He didn't but Thar described why its an issue pretty nicely.
    Officer of Renowned

Let me discuss ranged Master's Blitz with the team. If it's bugged to work with ranged this might not be the time to fix it. We aren't looking to nerf builds. We could, for example, make Master's Blitz increase Ranged Power to match its current functionality.

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Can we assume you mean epic character, and not destiny? Big difference there.

Not only did he mean level, and you are nitpicking. His previous posts even spell out levels 20-28.
    Officer of Renowned

Let me discuss ranged Master's Blitz with the team. If it's bugged to work with ranged this might not be the time to fix it. We aren't looking to nerf builds. We could, for example, make Master's Blitz increase Ranged Power to match its current functionality.

Sev~
    Beware the accusation of proxy nerfs. They are imminent.
    Officer of Renowned

Sev~
    I'd say this is the time to make the decision.

Right now on live, ranged builds typically either use blitz or fury. If you are dividing melee power into a 90/60/100 split between levels/destiny/blitz the only way to not nerf ranged blitzers is to make all 3 instances of melee power affect ranged as well. The issue with that, obviously, is that it would add +150 power to the already very strong fury of the wild builds.

I suppose there are band-aid solutions and arbitrary exceptions that could be added, but assuming you don't want to go that route, this would either result in a significant nerf to ranged blitz or a massive buff to ranged fury.
    Thelanis

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast