Community Manager

Default DDO VIP Weekend!

VIPs get an additional +5% XP (for a total of +15%) now through July 27th!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 07-24-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

wait for it...
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Ok I'll start:P.
    I am VIP and i find that bonus rather underwhelming if it's the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Ok I'll start:P.
    I am VIP and i find that bonus rather underwhelming if it's the only one.
    Ofc it's not the only one. As you know, VIP already has several advantages. This is merely a small, short term perk.
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon
    HC7: Typhoon, Dreaded Knight, and Wish. HC6: Naivety. HC5: Who Is Here. HC4: Cylon Centurian. HC3: Soulstone in Your Pack. HC2: Carnage

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    Ofc it's not the only one. As you know, VIP already has several advantages. This is merely a small, short term perk.
    I meant weekend bonus not VIP perks heh.

Community Member

Hi,

It tastes bad and there's not enough of it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by notgonnahappen
    And next week we honor the other paying customers i.e. premium.
    Can't await.

Quote Originally Posted by qhualor View Post
    wait for it...
    lmao!!!!!

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

That's totally unfair I want it to. Its not fair VIP's get this..... Oh wait a tick oh yeah I am VIP and always have been and always will. Not much play time lately though silly rock concerts sucking up all my time.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

I am still patiently waiting for the Turbine big wigs to open their eyes and see what their video game competition does for "bonus XP weekends".
    The big one that comes to my mind, Battlefield. Even EA Games (voted the WORST corporation in America) has realized an XP bonus weekend should be a substantial amount of bonus. When the Battlefield games do a bonus, it is a 50% XP bonus! With a 50% bonus SERVERS ARE PACKED ALL WEEKEND. Let me say that again, with a 50% bonus SERVERS ARE PACKED ALL WEEKEND. 5% is pathetic...
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post
    I am still patiently waiting for the Turbine big wigs to open their eyes and see what their video game competition does for "bonus XP weekends".
    The big one that comes to my mind, Battlefield. Even EA Games (voted the WORST corporation in America) has realized an XP bonus weekend should be a substantial amount of bonus. When the Battlefield games do a bonus, it is a 50% XP bonus! With a 50% bonus SERVERS ARE PACKED ALL WEEKEND. Let me say that again, with a 50% bonus SERVERS ARE PACKED ALL WEEKEND. 5% is pathetic...
    I agree, if bonuses were serious, we would have more people online. Also they would make less in store sales because why buy a 50% pot when you can power game on a 50% exp weekend? *shrug*

I do with though that vip meant more. I love the perks, don't get me wrong, but since we cannot buy adventure packs and lose what we could have bought when we go from vip to premium, I feel that we should be able to have something that really wants to keep you vip. Maybe if they roll new content every update...

I was hoping vip could get all purchaseable bank stuff. That would bring in tons of vips.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    VIPs get an additional +5% XP (for a total of +15%) now through July 27th!
    well. since there are players out there that safe their DDO time for the weekends, i'm a little disappointed with this weeks bonus.
    i'm no VIP, but i'm fine that VIPs get some extra.

instead of giving a rather small bonus (compared to last weekends 20% XP bonus) to VIPs only
    i'd like to see all players getting a bonus, and VIPs getting something on top of that

like +1 loot for all, +2 loot for VIP or 10% XP for all and 20% XP for VIP or else

so that its a significant difference between being VIP or not for this. as i said, i'm fine with people getting better bonuses for being a VIP!
    just dont let your other players run dry on weekends

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

So a 1 was rolled on the daily dice of bonus weekend prizes; we'll get another chance for a better bonus next time.

Unless my luck bleeds in the mix, then we're in for a long string of low rolls

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````
    MuleAxe~1 | Occidere~1| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadazia View Post
    well. since there are players out there that safe their DDO time for the weekends, i'm a little disappointed with this weeks bonus.
    i'm no VIP, but i'm fine that VIPs get some extra.

instead of giving a rather small bonus (compared to last weekends 20% XP bonus) to VIPs only
    i'd like to see all players getting a bonus, and VIPs getting something on top of that

like +1 loot for all, +2 loot for VIP or 10% XP for all and 20% XP for VIP or else

so that its a significant difference between being VIP or not for this. as i said, i'm fine with people getting better bonuses for being a VIP!
    just dont let your other players run dry on weekends
    What a horrible suggestion, you used logic. Next time please drink a bottle of cheap gin, smack your head against the wall and then hold your breath for 2 minutes. You will then be ready to make a Turbinesque suggestion.

As a VIP, I think the bonus weekend should always be that way. Mind you, I don't think premiums should get any less then they get now. They certainly shouldn't get the shaft like they do this weekend.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader emeritus, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    So a 1 was rolled on the daily dice of bonus weekend prizes; we'll get another chance for a better bonus next time.

Unless my luck bleeds in the mix, then we're in for a long string of low rolls
    This is probably a 2, a 1 would be those brothers in the Marketplace that put on the light show and summon the illusory succubi. I can imagine some VIPs at least having a reason to log on for this bonus. I can't imagine anyone feeling that the Marketplace light show was bonus enough to log on, and yet at least once this last spring that was considered a weekend bonus. IIRC.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd