Default Trapsmith's Workshop Cannot Be Stored and Missing Trap Crafting Station.

The description of the Trapsmith's Workshop says it includes a Trap Crafting Station.

The Trap Crafting Station is Missing in the both the Trapsmith's Workshop hold room amenity and the Collegium of the Twelve State Room amenity (which is supposed to include the features of the Trapsmith's Workship)

Also the trap crafting station cannot be stored, at least when I tried to put it on the 4th deck of the Daedalean Kraken airship.

More specifically, the hookpoint can't be accessed after placing the trapsmith's workshop amenity.

There is an error message: Failed Action The Hold Room Hookpoint is blocked by the Error! Name_Property missing. when trying to access the hookpoint

Hope both these issues can be fixed next patch, especially the storage issue! I don't want the trapsmith's workshop amenity if it doesn't have a trap crafting station!
    Last edited by AdamSmith; 07-15-2014 at 06:00 AM.

This is still broken after today's patch. I can't access the trapsmith's workshop hookpoint. I get a spot: danger notification when I go inside the hold room. (same as before)

I still get the error message: Failed Action The Hold Room Hookpoint is blocked by the Error! Name_Property missing. when trying to access the hookpoint

Also the trap crafting station is still missing.

Is this bug fixed on Lammania yet. I'd really like to store this amenity and replace it with another.

OK, maybe the developers are having a difficult time catching or duplicating this bug. I noticed that it may be dependent on where the Trapsmith's Workshop is placed. So on my first airship I get the error below and cannot store the amenity. This is on the 4th deck.

On another airship, the Trapsmith's Worshop was placed on the 1st or 2nd deck and it could successfully be stored. I'm wondering if it might also have something to do with other other amenities but I removed all the other amenities on the 4th deck and I still couldn't store the workshop. I'm going to try removing amenities on some floors above to see if it makes any difference.

It might just be something buggy with this hookpoint on the 4th deck.

This is still broken after today's update.

So the spot: danger notification only appears on a character with a high enough Spot skill. I created a level 1 bladeforged and the spot: danger notification doesn't appear when I have it inside the Trapsmith's Workshop.

I also noticed for the first time today there are 2 levers on the walls of the workshop. I'm able to pull the left lever but the right lever is also too high up and inaccessible.

Community Member

Can we get this fixed?

Or at least, can a mod delete the Trapsmith workshop from my guild and give us the pp to re-buy it?

Community Member

Experiencing this currently

This amenity is bugged on the 4th deck of my guild's airship. The Trapsmith's Workshop is blocking the hookpoint so it can't be accessed. Is there any workaround for storing/removing this amenity?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

It can be accessed, but it needs specific line up to use it. I can't quite remember how, but try using the mouse to activate the hookpoint or to target the hookpoint then move around where it says you can't access it and try to activate it with the (default) e button. It does cover it but not entirely, so using (either) the e button (or the mouse left button, I forget which as you move around close by) you should be able to activate and remove the amenity.

J1NG

:: edit ::

This room taken here though was on Deck 3, so I'll go and see if it makes a difference on Deck 4. Be right back.

:: edit ::

OK so I placed it onto the 4th Deck of the Kraken, and the rooms lining the hallway are not impacted and can be targeted and stored away easily. However, the rooms that are directly lining the State Room (not the ones that split away from the State Room like on Decks 1 and 2 of the Kraken) are indeed blocked and will not accept targetting by notifying the player that the hookpoint is being blocked by something else. This appears to be an issue that is specific to Deck 4 map however, as I had previously had the Trasmith room in Deck 3, also in the State Rooms adjacent smaller rooms (not the one that splits up). If it happened on Deck 3 as well, this would be a more global issue. As it is not, they must use (slightly) different geometry and this can only be solved by the Devs removing whatever is blocking the hookpoint when the Trapsmith room is in place "SPECIFICALLY" on Deck 4 (of the Kraken) and any other ships that copied the same layout for any of their lower decks.
    Last edited by J1NG; 01-15-2023 at 03:18 PM.
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

OK so it looks like I won't really need to get to Lam to test this. And I think I've found out what the issue is (but I suppose I still need to go explore every ship potentially to see if any other rooms are troublesome). Unfortunately there is no way for a player to resolve this issue at this time. Definitely needs a Dev to go fix.

But it looks like what's happening is this:

Every Hold Room has an Entry Way.
    Every Amenity is lined up against the Hold Room Entry Way. This is approximately half way between the outside of the Hold Room and the inside of the Hold Room.
    Every Hold Room also has a Hookpoint to access it.

The problem I've found, is that on most Hookpoints, the location of the Hookpoint is approximately 1.84 points AWAY from the outside of a Hold Room.

On Deck 4, the two Hold Rooms on either side of the State Room, happen to have their Hookpoints approximately 2.16 points AWAY from the outside of the Hold Room. This means that these particular Hookpoints are further into the room than those found elsewhere.

This means that because the Trapsmith Workshop also elevates the room by approximately 0.48 points, this would cover the Hookpoint of these particular Hold Rooms ENITRELY, unlike in the other Hold Rooms, as they (Hookpoints) are further out (and therefore not entirely covered by the Amenity inside the Hold Room). Thereby they (Hookpoint) can still be accessed despite the elevation of the Trapsmith Workshop covering it, as the Trapsmith Workshop happens to have a few steps leading into the room and these few steps just about lets a user activate the Hookpoint as seen on other Decks.

The possible solutions to this issue, is therefore one of the following:

1. To move the Hookpoints on these particular rooms "closer" to the outside of the room. By at least 0.34 points. This should then allow the Hookpoint to be accessible again despite the Trapsmith Workshop

or

2. Make the Trapsmith Workshop "shorter" (elevation wise). So that the steps don't cover the Hookpoint as they're on the same z axis elevation then.

or

3. Make the Trapsmith Workshop "shorter" (reduced distance from one side of room to another). So that the steps are further in and thus won't block the Hookpoint.

Of these 3, option 1 seems the quickest and easiest choice. As option 2 and 3 equires modifying the graphics and build of the fully functional Amenity that is the Trapsmith Workshop.

Hopefully this gets a quick fix now we (in theory) know what the issue is.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...