Community Member

Default Broken Music Box (does it dropp)

Never saw that item drop or heard that it did on our Server.

Then iv´e heard that the loot table of the quest is Broken and it doesn´t dropp right now.
    But I couldn't find any thread or something about this.

Did someone saw the Trinket yet on live Server?

Does it drop in 3BC endquest?

I had one drop for me on Cannith, so they made it to live.

Not really all that useful though.....
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Community Member

I need it on Canith. Wiki says its unbound. R u upp 4 a trade?

It's not useful as in they borked the minimum level on a trinket as they usually do? Gem of many facets called and it wants it's 'top spot of worst minimum level' back
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Jeah, IT DROPs but u have to be a good player to get one
    - new to Orien - let's have a look -

Zangesh qui Clades - Fire Sorc - Triple Completionist
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Laladi- Dagger Trapper Machine - Heroic Completionist
    Zindragh Zornbinder - Ranged, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active
    Aibus - Tank, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

along with all the other fail loot in e3BC this one was given many suggestions that would have made it better. IIRC one of them was give it ML1 which would have made it semi useful for 6 or 7 levels... the fact is there are already trinkets that have 2 slots and actually have affixes that might be useful...

If I recall correctly my suggestion was that they put Epic Eld Edge's special effect on it Inspiring Echoes. and make one of the slots red (which is obviously one of a kind).

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    along with all the other fail loot in e3BC this one was given many suggestions that would have made it better. IIRC one of them was give it ML1 which would have made it semi useful for 6 or 7 levels... the fact is there are already trinkets that have 2 slots and actually have affixes that might be useful...

If I recall correctly my suggestion was that they put Epic Eld Edge's special effect on it Inspiring Echoes. and make one of the slots red (which is obviously one of a kind).
    The only other trinkets that have 2 slots are a rare drop from the blue dragon chest in epic Tor that has a similar minimum level to the Box, and a couple of epic Desert items. For it's minimum level and difficulty to acquire, it's a nice item.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Default My idea for using it:

I plan to use the Music Box to replace my Sustaining symbiont as an endgame trinket by slotting it with a Globe of true imperial blood, Dragonic soul gem and one more augment that I actually have yet to decide on. Tell me that +1 exceptional to all stats and 30 resist to the 4 main elements isn't useful

And yes, I have seen it drop once or twice at the end of precious cargo, and maybe on the end chain reward list (but don't quote me on that last part).
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu

Bug report form link

i have run this quest now about 10 times on EE with a full group and still no drop, even with ~15 times someone rerolling.

So what diff u did the quest ?

Zindragh Zornbinder - Ranged, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active

It's because the next day the pack came out a whole bunch of people came out complaining 'wow I did one run of the quests now I have everything I need I'll never run them again. I'm 5 times through the whole chain and I've yet to see hat or googles or cursed blade, including end rewards.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    The only other trinkets that have 2 slots are a rare drop from the blue dragon chest in epic Tor that has a similar minimum level to the Box, and a couple of epic Desert items. For it's minimum level and difficulty to acquire, it's a nice item.
    The Blasting Chime is arguably a better trinket, it has Anthem, green and clear slots, stacking 10 sonic resist and Cacophonic guard, Weaken Construct, as well as Sonic lore 15% which may or may not be of value... Arguably... hell that's a better trinket and an ML of 20.

Slots, especially yellow and clear are so ubiquitus that you can end up with more than you need (I do on multiple alts) and you end up putting lame stuff like +6 stat to Strength on a non melee build so you can adsorb a couple more stat damage... Oh well I guess if the item appeals to 100 people in the whole game who somehow don't have enough slots and really really depend on having cacophonic guard but they've never heard of the Blasting Chime or Planar focus. Then yeah it's a super item... But no wait, that's exactly the problem... Turbine's loot has gone from stuff like Sands and Necro 4 loot to a sort of philosophy of "8 items per pack each of which maybe 1/8th of the player base might have a build/gear setup to take advantage of"

From an overall view they've gone from Torc's, Quivers and Litany's to Shield of Mornings, Broken Music box's and Guardian Rings, ML24+ items that aren't even as good as ML13- items. Yes there are some extremely specific items in their that are very nice (Dragon Helms) because there's a version for any build designed in, but the overarching theme is most of the stuff is very very narrowly focused and only appeals to a small segment of the player base.

This contributes to the problem of content not lasting very long, it exacerbates the issues the game has with retention of players and losing droves of players between every update like clockwork.

What % of Bards want a Music Box? Keeping in mind that Balizard is one of the better weapons a Bard could want, and Planar Focus +3 insightful stat, and set bonus requires a trinket slot, and is FAR more useful than the Music Box? If 10% of BARDS (which are already a tiny % of the player base) want a Music Box, I would be shocked... I would be shocked if more than a handfull of people honestly want one because they compared the options and end up actually using it, over a Planar Focus trinket or as blasting chime which gives up a yellow slot for a bunch of stuff that is more useful than what you can slot in a yellow slot. I would also suspect the few that actually DO use it are more interested in flavor... So where are we at now? a loot design for 130 players in the entire game? 50? Is it even that?
    Last edited by IronClan; 07-18-2014 at 07:44 AM.

What % of Bards want a Music Box?
    Dont know, but iam not a bard.

I want this trinket for my TANK and not for any other toon, so its much better for my personal build then the Blasting Chime, cause i dont need all that stuff on it, i need the missing Yellow Slot instead of the other effects i dont use.

So its not they question what trinket is better or whatever - just:

Why i havent seen it all my runs until now... ~15 EE runs ~3 other runs, with all the rerolls i did and some others too, much more then 120 times the chest were looted. 80% the runearm when rare drops... 0% Music Box and rest the other...

So on what diff. u see it dropping? thx for answer

What % of Bards want a Music Box? Keeping in mind that Balizard is one of the better weapons a Bard could want, and Planar Focus +3 insightful stat, and set bonus requires a trinket slot, and is FAR more useful than the Music Box? If 10% of BARDS (which are already a tiny % of the player base) want a Music Box, I would be shocked...
    Probably 0% of bards want Music Box. I am not sure why you are fixating on bards -- it is not a bardic item. Or at least it does not offer bards any more than to any other class. I think LeoLionxxx has a sensible idea what to do with it, and a tank (whatever class) is who would benefit from it the most.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by Glascanon View Post
    Never saw that item drop or heard that it did on our Server. ...
    Did someone saw the Trinket yet on live Server?
    Does it drop in 3BC endquest?
    I have one sitting in the bank, awaiting my bard's 24th level. My son pulled it from Precious Cargo, and I begged it off of him .

Now the real trick is whether I decide to go ahead with that, or keep using the Epic Blasting Chime. The lack of effective Resonance bonuses for bards makes this almost indispensable... never mind anthem, the sonic lore and the same Cacophonic Guard that the music box promises.

Right now I'm strongly leaning to the chime. Edit: actually on reflection, I might offer it back to my son.
    Last edited by alancarp; 07-18-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    I have one sitting in the bank, awaiting my bard's 24th level. My son pulled it from Precious Cargo, and I begged it off of him .

Now the real trick is whether I decide to go ahead with that, or keep using the Epic Blasting Chime. The lack of effective Resonance bonuses for bards makes this almost indispensable... never mind anthem, the sonic lore and the same Cacophonic Guard that the music box promises.

Right now I'm strongly leaning to the chime.
    So why are you even debating? Pretend for a moment there is no such thing as Blasting Chime -- what in your opinion makes Music Box a bardic item? Cacophonic Guard would work equally well on a barbarian.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"