Community Member

Default Trouble finishing precious cargo

Okay so here is what happens. I board the ship and start defending it. Eventually my engine goes down. I get it fixed and the objective just says 'Defend the banshee until she reaches stormreach." I clear out any remaining enemies, but nothing happens after this. Any thoughts?
    Proud member of the Extreme Explorer Permadeath guild on Sarlona.
    http://extremeexplorers.guildportal....4&TabID=856487

Community Member

Is your helm damaged? Are there any pirate ships attached to your boat?
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Did you go to pirate ship and destroyed their engine?

You can't just defend the ship, you actually have to defeat Captain Tew and take out HIS ship, then get the Banshee up and running and then wait out the timer.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Community Member

Captain Tew never shows up. No ships ever attach to mine.
    The helm is repaired.
    The engine is repaired.
    There are no pirates on board.

Anything I'm missing? :/
    Proud member of the Extreme Explorer Permadeath guild on Sarlona.
    http://extremeexplorers.guildportal....4&TabID=856487

Community Member

If you repair the helm too early the quest bugs out and can't be completed, so wait until you've killed the attacking pirate ship before fixing it.

Default more details about Precious Cargo bugs

Sadly, this is still a thing. Also, I think I may have honed in on a potential cause, but only based on a recent run.

I've been getting fairly decent at doing solo runs with all crew alive at the end and many named ships destroyed (and thus many chests at the end). So far I've been able to destroy 4 named ships before Tew's ship arrives, and nearly had enough time for a 5th to arrive (so, the nameless pirate ship at the start, then 4 more after that, then Tew's ship)... Hooray for 4 bonus chests at the end! Back on topic: in an effort to improve my time and be able to have even more ships spawn and attack and thus take down, I tried something... I left some of the boarding pirates alive on my ship while repairing the helm.

(in case your wondering, my method is to let the enemy ship destroy my helm so as to stop the timer and try to board me, at which point I board them and sink them fast by destroying their engine. Then I clear all the trash and repair my helm to get moving again. About 25 seconds after we get going again, the next ship spawns. Rinse and repeat)

I was hoping that by keeping an enemy pirate alive on my ship after repairing the helm and getting going again, I could reduce the time waiting for the next ship to hit my helm by having that still living pirate destroy it asap instead.

I repaired the helm, we started going again, I had the pirate destroy it just as the next ship spawned... and that ship never closed in to board me. Perhaps I stopped too fast and the new ship had to start closing in first? I killed that pirate and repaired the helm again with the hope of getting us moving again (and thus get that pirate ship to close in on us normally). Timer does not re-appear and despite having a repaired helm and an engine with fill health, we do not start to move. Quest bugged out and became uncompletable.

So for me it wasn't repairing the helm too fast that bugged it out... it was repairing the helm then seeing it destroyed again before the next ship started to close in that caused the bug.

also: PsychoBlonde wrote:

You can't just defend the ship, you actually have to defeat Captain Tew and take out HIS ship, then get the Banshee up and running and then wait out the timer.

This actually isn't true. On an epic normal run, I was able to successfully defend my ship from Tew without him destroying my helm, without him boarding me, and without having to destroy his ship or even fight him at all. The timer got to 0:00 while he was still attacking me from the air, and then he pulled up and left. The quest finished and we got our loot and xp and completion. Don't get me wrong, it isn't easy, but it is possible.