Community Member

Default Static framerate

I just fully installed DDO yesterday. For some reason my framerate is limited to 32.1 in towns and explorable instances like the first one, Korthos Island. In dungeons like the Heyton Crypt or the Cannath Crystal one it hits over 60 -- 62.X Ive seen. I lower my graphics settings and raise them and the framerate is still 32.1. Any ideas? I want the max 60 frames per second at all times if possible.

Specs:
    Windows 8 64-bit
    Intel Celeron CPU 1.50GHz dual core
    4096MB RAM
    DirectX 11
    Intel HD Graphics (1664MB Memory)

EDIT
    I tested a bit more of the game. The Underground Complex has me especially confused. It seems to alternate between exactly 32.1 and 62.0 frames per second as set points. It rarely ever shows a framerate other than 32.1 and 62.0.
    Last edited by Vfarzavil; 06-21-2014 at 06:14 AM.

For starters, Intel integrated GPUs are not going to be top performers in this game. I'm surprised you're getting 60+ FPS even in relatively low poly count areas.

If you want to optimize for speed -

1. Run the game in DX9. That will remove most of the advanced shader effects which the Intel GPU doesn't handle well.
    2. Don't use the high resolution game data option. That's found in the Launcher options dialog.
    3. Tune all the Advanced Graphics settings to medium or below. Disable Post Processing entirely.
    4. Make sure VSync is not enabled. That's the "Sync with Refresh Rate" option under Advanced Graphics.

Doing all those things will greatly impact the visual aspects of the game, but will also improve rendering performance significantly. I don't know that you will ever achieve a consistent 60+ FPS even with those settings. DDO tends to get CPU bound when a large number of entities are interacting which probably has greater relevance to frame rates than the GPU in those cases.

Anywho, that's about all I can suggest without an in depth discussion of your hardware. I hope some of it helps.

Best of luck!
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)