Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Community Member

Default Some afterthoughts

Nerfed Freedom of Movement (FOM)
    Pre-U22, Frolic, as it was attached to Inspire Competence, when used with an Epic Elyd Edge, generated a mass-FOM effect. While worthless to the Bard, it was absolutely loved by groups (eg TOR Ice Dragon). Not OP, not game-breaking, just a really nice touch. You won’t have any disagreement. You (Varg) probably don’t know this as you don’t play Bards that often, but Song of freedom is useless. It just takes too long to sing. Whatever it is has worn off by the time you get there and sing. Complete waste of enhancement points.

Solution
    Make Frolic exactly as it was pre U22: When you Inspire Competence, target gets FOM as well (for x minutes).

Misplaced Reviving Verse?
    As a group buff, Reviving Verse used to be attached to Inspire Competence. Now it is attached to Inspire Courage. Downside = should you opt to select this and Arcane Aid—presently attached to Inspire Competence—as group buffs, you need to sing two songs when previously you only needed to sing one.

Solution
    Attach Reviving Verse to Inspire Competence, just as you did with Arcane Aid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    I know that it is highly unlikely that there will be another spellsinger review any time soon but I just wanted to chuck my 2 penneth back in. As far as I'm concerned the community voices in favour of keeping them separate and the devs who listened chose... poorly. I'm not raging about it and I'm certainly not asking to have fascinate broken back up in to fascinate/makers/undead songs, but I'm a bit frustrated that I just cannot balance what we kept vs what we lost by the choice.
    Absolutely agree. My guess is the seperate CDs made people feel more comfortable, combined with a dislike of change. Unfortunately what we've ended up with is a CC much less useful in most groups. I cannot see any other purpose for this change.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213