Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Critzilla 2.0

del
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-04-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Screenshots
    good at business

3. 06-19-2014, 02:28 AM

Community Member

I've found that the crit multiplier from Swashbuckling not being applied is a visual bug in the inventory window that actually works fine. If you examine the weapon itself when it is equipped, you can see its true multiplier. I've used a Nightforge Spike on my Swashbuckler and can confirm that it really does use a 16-20/x4 crit range with just Swashbuckling.

EDIT: I realized my mistake and that it is bugged. I forgot about my large amount of seeker, which effectively acted as a +1 to crit multiplier.
    Last edited by gwonbush; 06-20-2014 at 02:53 PM.

If you go with a pure monk for the ninja capstone, use Forester's Brush Hooks, and use the Divine Crusader Destiny, you will crit on an 11-20. They are also good weapons...

BTW love your thread on the druid wolf DPS
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Of what? Bugs?
    obscene crit threat ranges
    good at business

7. 06-20-2014, 12:30 AM

How about both bugs and obscene crit threat ranges? There are three different bugs that I know of affecting the build, although one is merely cosmetic (the displayed weapon info in inventory).

I probably need to test which ranger thrown attacks are bugged as well, but I have time until I'm ready to TR again.
    Your combat log has you crittng on an 8.

Whats your crit range supposed to be without blow by blow?
    good at business

9. 06-20-2014, 02:45 PM

Interesting.

This might be worthwhile on a Swashbuckling Shuriken Expertise bard thrower. I know you lose threat range from not using the Nightforge Dart, but extra shuriken from expertise is probably worth it.

What would the threat range be with a regular shuriken? 10-20?
    good at business

Community Member

Any Shuriken would have a 9-20 crit range. In fact, this is the case for any swashbucklable weapon. The reason that you go throwing is just for the fact that Snowstar and Nightforged Spike both have a double expanded crit range instead of an single expanded crit range that melee named items can get as well as aimed shot from Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Any Shuriken would have a 9-20 crit range. In fact, this is the case for any swashbucklable weapon. The reason that you go throwing is just for the fact that Snowstar and Nightforged Spike both have a double expanded crit range instead of an single expanded crit range that melee named items can get as well as aimed shot from Ranger.
    Cool thanks. I haven't really been playing for last month or so so haven't played with SB at all.

Will have to do some maths.
    good at business

13. 06-21-2014, 05:17 PM

Firewall will never admit or look at it, but this actually might be the best way to play with TF shurikens that do lots of damage on Crit.

This build needs halfling for Dex to damage with thrown, correct?
    good at business

15. 06-21-2014, 06:11 PM

Yes to halfling. I wasn't planning on any fancy gear and don't know on shurikens.
    If you take SWF at level 1 does it lock out the TWF from ranger? Or does ranger TWF override?
    I think I'd probably want to forgo the halfling dex to damage for swift strikes from swashbuckler coupled with the +100% damage mod from gSWF. Saves a few points from the halfling tree since you are already into swashbuckler.

----
    Edit
    -----
    Yeah just got info in the other thread SWF doesn't work for thrown weapons. So you won't get the +100% damage stat mod on a thrower.

But you can still get your dex to damage from swashbuckler
    Last edited by Toro12; 06-21-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Firewall will never admit or look at it, but this actually might be the best way to play with TF shurikens that do lots of damage on Crit.

This build needs halfling for Dex to damage with thrown, correct?
    I wonder if the determining factor might be what you can get to proc from an offhand orb. Buckler will shut down Shuriken Expertise (according to DDO wiki, personally untested), but if an orb won't then there are some interesting possibles. An orb, of course, uncenters monks. If any of the thunderforged stuff will proc from an offhand, that's money.

Plus, and I might be wrong about this, but most of the on-hit and on-crit we've seen so far that can be added to thrown weapons have been unaffected by spellpower. At least according to the description Resonant Arms is supposed to scale. Part of the balance between a Shiradi caster and thrower was, if I have this right, that a thrower could attack faster and proc more, but a caster's procs would hit harder because they scaled. If you wanted to get really nuts you could go Fatesinger. The T3 core stacks sonic vulnerability. Then tack on Reign (which IMO is now a twist for any SB) and of course Turn the Tide. TtT really freaking deserves to be affected by lingering song with a base of 20s. The big question for me is: what we can get that 6d6 from Resonant Arms up to? The next question is: if it scales with spellpower can it crit based sonic crit chance?

Also, there's Breath of Frost from Warchanter, which is changing soon(tm). IDK if it scales but it's probably worth figuring out.
    I am the natural one.
    "When life gives you excrement, make Excrement Golems."
    Disclaimer: My greenies come from comedy. I should not be confused with those who are knowledgeable and helpful.

Community Member

Couple questions.

First with SWF feats and nothing in your offhand do the bonuses apply to thrown weapons?

Second if yes, and you already have DEX DMG to thrown from whatever source (racial, class etc.), with GSWF is that now +2xDEX to dmg?

Thanks

19. 06-22-2014, 02:13 AM

I assume that you need to be in actual Barbarian Rage instead of Skaldic Rage to get Crit Rage to work? If so, what's your strategy for self-healing? Drop rage and heal, or Silver Flame Pots?
    Order of the Silver Dragons||Argonessen
    Vratch||~Terevorn~||Ignys||Zofya||Virochka
    Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul.

Community Member

are barb levels worth the hassle? for the purposes of this experiment, certainly. but generally taking T5 in swashbuckler shouldn't be that much weaker and frees levels and AP for other stuff.

And shield use does not stop shuriken expertise. The wiki is wrong.
    Thanks!
    I am the natural one.
    Disclaimer: My greenies come from comedy. I should not be confused with those who are knowledgeable and helpful.

I thought that only competence critical range bonuses were double by improved critical. Speaking specifically of the barb critical rage, when i was using it with a two handed weapon, the crit range extension was not doubled by improved critical. So either they changed it very recently, or it's different with a dart than a greataxe. Have you actually tested this?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    are barb levels worth the hassle? for the purposes of this experiment, certainly. but generally taking T5 in swashbuckler shouldn't be that much weaker and frees levels and AP for other stuff.
    T5 in Swashbuckler is definitely more powerful if you aren't going for the near constant crits that the T5 Ravager gives you. Coup De Grace is just that powerful. You simply twist in Otto's whistler, make lots of mobs chase you, whistle them all, then kill them all with a CDG.

25. 06-22-2014, 07:13 PM

Divine Crusader has manaless heal on kill, as well as Consecrate-Sacred Ground, which also deals AoE damage and buffs your auto attack damage. Combine with range, CC, evasion, and fast movement, and it should be good to go. This build will make fantastic use of a Shimmering Arrowhead since it will often crit. on 2+.

I've played with barb levels for roughly 20M xp on different multiclasses. Also see screenshot on page 1.
    Have you played with Divine Crusader on a ranged character? I'm extremely interested in how the doubleshot bonuses from Righteous Wrath and Celestial Fervor stack with each other and other sources. Since we're not taking 10K doubleshot is suddenly a thing. Plus SB introduces a doubleshot action boost.
    I am the natural one.

27. 06-22-2014, 08:24 PM

Community Member

I don't know how easily it is to get perform high enough to get CDG to work well. I do know that if I were to make a CDG build, I would probably do the PDK 16 bard 2 fighter 2 rogue for full synergy with the perform skill and charisma to damage/hit so everything has charisma/perform synergy. I have no idea which build would be more powerful. I do know which one will give me huge crits all the time.
    Well, with 23 ranks, a +20 item, 8 epic levels and GH, you are already sitting at a DC of 53+1d20. Focusing chant, a touch a spell singer (first core and 3 in Charlatan gives 4 to Perform, you can get more if you go for more cores) and a reasonably easy charisma of 30 pushes you to 68+1d20. If you find that not effective enough, you can always twist allure in as well for another +6.

29. 06-24-2014, 07:03 AM

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast