Community Member

Default Luck Blade - what is it worth on Argo?

A while back I pulled a Luck Blade(http://ddowiki.com/page/Luck_Blade) just... completely randomly, on some nothing quest, it just dropped for me, and I was stunned. I had heard these things were absurdly valuable and highly sought-after, but exactly how absurdly and how highly I cannot really say. I've never seen one on the AH and the few I've seen on the ASAH I have no idea what sold for.

I'm also a little curious exactly why they are so highly sought after. Just an ML8 weapon with 3 augment slots... right?

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

They make great caster sticks because you can slot three different spell power types on one weapon.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    They make great caster sticks because you can slot three different spell power types on one weapon.
    Ok, that makes more sense. If I were to try and sell it, do you have any idea what I might expect to get for it?

And notice expanded crit range. They can be great weapons for swashbucklers.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjwizard View Post
    Ok, that makes more sense. If I were to try and sell it, do you have any idea what I might expect to get for it?
    If you saw them on AS, then try selling there instead. However, I wouldn't see them going for more than 50 I think.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    If you saw them on AS, then try selling there instead. However, I wouldn't see them going for more than 50 I think.
    LOL the handwraps from Catacombs sell for 100 Astral Shards.

I'd start with 1000 astral shards and work my way down from there. I think the problem with it is that most people don't even know it exists, so may not ever think about searching for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post

I'd start with 1000 astral shards and work my way down from there. I think the problem with it is that most people don't even know it exists, so may not ever think about searching for it.
    Err what? Are you one of the people that puts up tourney armor for 75 k shards?

Those handwraps are worth no more then 10 shards.

A luck blade worth 1000 shards? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post

If someone post a balde of the dark six for 50 shards and someone buy it it dosnt mean that 50 its their prices, there is always someone who pays anything for vendor trash.

imho the wraps are worth something around 10-20 shards but for a lucky blade i would expect it to sold for about 60-100 (and that would be a rwally rare transaction)

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeonAureo View Post
    If someone post a balde of the dark six for 50 shards and someone buy it it dosnt mean that 50 its their prices, there is always someone who pays anything for vendor trash.

imho the wraps are worth something around 10-20 shards but for a lucky blade i would expect it to sold for about 60-100 (and that would be a rwally rare transaction)
    Yeah, I haven't had a luck blade since before augments were placed on nameds. So for me, the price I give is mainly for utility. I think anything more than 50 as is asking a lot, considering it will be replaced before endgame. My 50 mark is what I consider buy it now because it is cheap.

Community Member

Well for 50 astral shards I'd be better off just selling it for plat(only 50 AS is basically useless to me). What might a reasonable plat price be?