Default Can rune arm's ML exceed 20 due to crafting?

My artificer is level 20. I want to put Electrical Absorption shard onto Glorious Obscenity. Electrical Absorption is a +3 shard, so it adds 6 levels to the item's ML. Glorious Obscenity is ML 17. OTOH, Cannith crafted items never exceed ML 20 regardless of the shards value. So if I do that, will my Glorious Obscenity be ML 20 or 23?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Should be ML20, I have never managed to make a cannith crafted item over ML20. It'd be weird if that was the one exception.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjwizard View Post
    Should be ML20, I have never managed to make a cannith crafted item over ML20. It'd be weird if that was the one exception.
    shhhhhh

Community Member

I can check when I get home if you like, I have a Toven's Hammer I'm not using that I could drop some crazy stuff on and see what happens. Unfortunately I won't be home for 8 or 9 hours.

Conversely I suppose I could always log in from work :P how badly do you not want to have to try this yourself?

Considering that DEconstruction is currently unavailable, I do not particularly want to accidentally make my rune arm ML 23. On the other hand, I have an Animus which I barely ever use, and is already ML 19. Put something small on it, and see if ML goes over 20. If it does not, Glorious Obscenity is probably safe too.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

I'll hop on and check for you, its no big deal.

Community Member

ML will NOT go above 20.

I took my regular, untouched Toven's Hammer(ML19) and added a Lightning Lore V shard on to it. ML only increased to 20. Looks like you're safe. Also looks like I'll be using this runearm whenever I want to play Thor, the God of Thunder :P

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Raiden Wins!

ML will NOT go above 20.

I took my regular, untouched Toven's Hammer(ML19) and added a Lightning Lore V shard on to it. ML only increased to 20. Looks like you're safe. Also looks like I'll be using this runearm whenever I want to play Thor, the God of Thunder :P

Community Member

That's actually pretty neat, what armor is that guy wearing? Given all of the lighting SPAs you can actually do pretty decent damage that way, to say nothing of the stun-effects. My favorite moment was when, on a Heroic Elite run of Servants of the overlord, I came around a corner and threw out one ball of lightning and managed to stun the entire crowd of 10-15 drow.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Flawless Blue Dragon Scale with Max. Upgrade

That's actually pretty neat, what armor is that guy wearing? Given all of the lighting SPAs you can actually do pretty decent damage that way, to say nothing of the stun-effects. My favorite moment was when, on a Heroic Elite run of Servants of the overlord, I came around a corner and threw out one ball of lightning and managed to stun the entire crowd of 10-15 drow.