Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default So how is water savant, nowadays?

I have my 18/2 sorcerer back at epics once again (17th life, all caster lives), and decided on air savant. It's fun and all, and I really love lightning because of the zappiness and spammage, but I miss the water savant I used to play as, long ago; frost lance was fun, polar ray was ridiculous damage, that satisfying crunch and crash of mobs bursting apart into tiny ice crystals...

Then the two new raids came out with their hoards of skeletons. Apart from those 2 raids, which can be circumvented with a secondary element (like air or fire), there really isn't anything wrong with a water savant, is there? It's half as DC dependent as air or fire, polar ray is nice, meshes well with evocation for fire/air, several of the ice spells are fortitude saves instead of reflex, polar ray is awesome, and has excellent single target damage with cc/aoe capabilities. Oh, and it has polar ray.

And yet all I ever see are air savants and 16/2/2 fire savants...and trying to find magnetism weapons is in the needle-in-a-haystack variety.

And how is earth savant nowadays, anyway? I haven't seen any of them in a while.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 06-12-2014 at 12:22 PM.