Default Order of Syncletica: Shades of Undrentide

Does the name "Undrentide" ring a bell to you?

It did to me, which made the storyline and the adventures in (almost) completing the last of the Storm Horns quest chain one of the best experiences I've ever had in the game.

And I knocked off a couple more Epic Elite ninja missions for good measure.

>>>Seriously, if you are a past Neverwinter Nights gamer, you really, really have to complete the Storm Horns missions. You'll be glad you did.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    (Stormreach Shadows updates are in indefinite hiatus.)
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Just browsing your guide (haven't done that in ages), I'm sad you say sorc/wiz are unsuitable for a monk splash - we all know wraith formed monks are the future of the monastery!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Just browsing your guide (haven't done that in ages), I'm sad you say sorc/wiz are unsuitable for a monk splash - we all know wraith formed monks are the future of the monastery!
    You're certainly right. In reality, that's really old information before Teh Era of the Monkchers. Wizards are more suitable than Sorcs since you can do a bit more with INT than CHA, I feel. I'll go tweak it right now.

If a bunch of Wizardly Monks move in near my dojo, well...there goes the neighborhood.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    You're certainly right. In reality, that's really old information before Teh Era of the Monkchers. Wizards are more suitable than Sorcs since you can do a bit more with INT than CHA, I feel. I'll go tweak it right now.

If a bunch of Wizardly Monks move in near my dojo, well...there goes the neighborhood.
    You're just jealous that we can be in water stance - and move as fast as your wind stance monks

You're just jealous that we can be in water stance - and move as fast as your wind stance monks
    Try that "speed" against one of the pirate airships in the new Cove.

Try that "speed" against one of the pirate airships in the new Cove.
    I would, but I'm not able to log on since u22. Funny that, my computer suddenly decided it doesn't like DDO. Not Turbine releasing a bugged game, of course not!

But I digress, I'm not here to complain about that..

Anyway, even if I *did* log on, I need to TR before 3bc. After TR I'll definitely do it, there shouldn't be a single issue.
    I have improved evasion, stupid amounts of hp and heals.
    That's like speed, right?

I would, but I'm not able to log on since u22. Funny that, my computer suddenly decided it doesn't like DDO. Not Turbine releasing a bugged game, of course not!

But I digress, I'm not here to complain about that..

Anyway, even if I *did* log on, I need to TR before 3bc. After TR I'll definitely do it, there shouldn't be a single issue.
    I have improved evasion, stupid amounts of hp and heals.
    That's like speed, right?
    You keep telling yourself that, if it brings you comfort.

As for logging in, odds are that DDO elements have changed and your firewall is resisting them. But share what you're seeing or not seeing and I might have a few tips.

You keep telling yourself that, if it brings you comfort.

As for logging in, odds are that DDO elements have changed and your firewall is resisting them. But share what you're seeing or not seeing and I might have a few tips.
    It doesn't. Epic 3bc will be a litany of raise after falling. Ah well. At least I have a staff and I swing it faster than yo' silly monks! (because I splashed monk and stole grandmaster of wind. Sorry about that, no you can't have it back)

Eh, y'know what happens when you run DDO without the preloader? That's what's happening *with* the preloader up to 5 times in a row, before it'll work, promptly crash and leave me bored and craving my DDO fix. I've done a lot of time on notepad doing damage calcs. And hp, prr, dodge, doublestrike, etc.

On a completely unrelated note, I really need help. I've got a friend insisting they can't cook good enough to share with others and they have slight issues with my suggestions.. namely being they've tried similar and failed. (Come on, I picked some of the simplest things I can find that look complex enough to be impressive!)

Edit: By swing it faster, I mean more doublestrike. That's also because I'm making a rogue. And stealing your cool monk abilities. I'll report back on how it goes... unless it's terrible, in which case I'll claim I got bored and TR'd at 20.
    Last edited by Soulfurnace; 06-13-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Funny, I was thinking of replaying NWN just recently. SoU is definitely one of the best things Bioware ever did.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Funny, I was thinking of replaying NWN just recently. SoU is definitely one of the best things Bioware ever did.
    The similarities to DDO are interesting, too. In that campaign, you could choose a companion NPC, similar to a hireling. A Rogue or Sorcerer, I believe. And they had integral dialogue with other NPCs and the plot to add flavor. It tied in nicely to their Underdark expansion that came after.