Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
Results 1,001 to 1,004 of 1004

Thread: Paladin Changes

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Sword and board DPS isn't that bad in heroics, especially if you can get your hands on a twinblade or sever from the orchard. In fact, it's quite strong in heroics
    I'm curious how someone can think that S&B heroic damage isn't bad... unless they mean Bard S&B!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabbler View Post
    I'm curious how someone can think that S&B heroic damage isn't bad... unless they mean Bard S&B!
    Heroic S&B sucks in lower levels, but in the middle ground (12-19) it picks up tremendously, especially if you can utilize orchard shields and weapons. The stalwart defender tree from fighter is probably the best bet if you want to attempt any sort of damage as S&B.

When I built my PDK (12 fighter/8 paladin), he was almost always topping the charts in last hits from 15-22 or so with a Talon shield and a Twinblade. Properly built, S&B isn't as bad as most people think. It's not top DPS by any means, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. And before you can rant on 'last hits', it only means something when it's consistent, which I was from 15-21/22 or so. After 23-24 (when people start getting great weapons), S&B scales pretty badly.

People hear S&B and they think 'high ac/hp/prr tank with no damage'. S&B doesn't mean tank, it means a one-handed weapon and a shield, and when properly built, you can get ridiculous amounts of doublestrike when using a shield (a pure fighter can easily reach 75-100% doublestrike with a shield), on top of bastard sword/dwarven axe damage (which is pretty decent on its own) and shield bash procs. Is it top DPS? Certainly not. But when properly built and geared, it's not the bottom of the barrel that people make it out to be. Building for DPS and building for tanking/survivability are two different concepts, specially now that it's being paid attention to by the developers.

Vanguard isn't going to be a tanking tree, as we already have two of those; it's a damage tree based on shield procs and usage. Fit that into your 'we've always done it this way' attitude. The stalwart defender tree from the fighter class is probably the precursor to the new vanguard, as it's miles ahead of the paladin's defender in terms of shield usage and damage.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 07-28-2014 at 12:05 PM.

It just seems such a waste for Charisma based PDK Paladins and Constitution based Dwarven Paladins to not be able to benefit from Divine Might...

I was wondering if they were also looking into changing Divine Might back to being a straight damage modifier or at least making DM able to increase other primary stats besides Strength.

Note: Sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread one or more times... I tried to do a search of the thread but the search results from DDO forums were all white & yellow and thus unreadable on my browser for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    It just seems such a waste for Charisma based PDK Paladins and Constitution based Dwarven Paladins to not be able to benefit from Divine Might...

I was wondering if they were also looking into changing Divine Might back to being a straight damage modifier or at least making DM able to increase other primary stats besides Strength.

Note: Sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread one or more times... I tried to do a search of the thread but the search results from DDO forums were all white & yellow and thus unreadable on my browser for some reason...
    This thread is outdated.

Sev should really close this.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051