Community Member

Default Sorc18/Pal2 Bladeforged build

Anyone have a good build idea for this or is it a bad idea?

Plan is Pal1 tben Sorc18 then Pal1.
    Divine Power items for melee.
    Max and Empower for nuking
    Extend for haste.
    Haste froM Bladeforge Reconstruct stack with Haste spell??
    Power Attack
    IC Slash
    Cleaves
    GTHF

and more melee feats.

Maybe Sorc16/Pal2/Ftr2orMnk2

Please include for Heroic and Epic.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 06-06-2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: spelling typo.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member

Looking at the SOR16/FAV2/PAL2 builds for just spamming fire and force spells and I understand dumping DCs is ok with this and still effective? Maybe even SOR14/FAV4/PAL2.

It is all about critical and using FAV2 to get spell points back. I see on these builds Toughness and Mental Toughness. I figure I can mix in a little melee to make the build for fun for running Epic Destinies by not taking those. I do not see the need for Toughness or Etoughness if you can self heal with Reconstruct and the Reconstruct SLA (that has a melee speed buff btw). Why Metal Toughness feats for just 2% critical cause the spell points are not needed if you take the FAV enhancement to build it back up, and the 2% is worth 2 feat slots?
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    Looking at the SOR16/FAV2/PAL2 builds for just spamming fire and force spells and I understand dumping DCs is ok with this and still effective? Maybe even SOR14/FAV4/PAL2.
    The Missile spells have no saves, so your DCs are irrelevant; most of the fire spells still have DCs, though, so you'd definitely still want to got CHA-/DC-based for them. Likewise for the CHA-based ED SLAs like Energy Burst and Sound Burst.
    Why Metal Toughness feats for just 2% critical cause the spell points are not needed if you take the FAV enhancement to build it back up, and the 2% is worth 2 feat slots?
    As you say, it's all about maxing out your spell crit chance, both for the extra DPS and to max our your FvS procs. I'm not convinced it's worth the 3-feat cost, either, but then I don't run a lot of EEs on my casters these days.

I'm on the fence about whether sorc 16 / FvS 2 / pal 2 or 14/4/2 split is better. Sorc 16 gets you lvl 8 spell slot (e.g., OID, BDB); FvS 14 gets you higher-tier AoV bonuses (extra crit chance & Intense Faith). Have you already checked out the Toaster?
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

I built a Sor12.pal1.fav2 Bladeforged.

Power Attack
    Max
    Empower
    Cleave
    Extend
    Improved Critical Slash

I am impressed with the Fire SLAs though. Delayed FB is 0 sp?.

I spent on the Reconstruct SLA. It has a melee speed boost to it for 30secs. Wonder if it stacks. Prob got to ask the melee forum that. I invested in Divine Might. I topped out the the fire tree but wondering how the elect tree is in Heroic. Fav for regen sp.

I like the DOTs for elect and ice in Heroic.

At lvl 15 only max out one element.
    That is when the melee comes in I guess.

Do you run 2 elements in heroic plus force? How you run your elements.

I can see the melee getting gimp but it is free. Any way to feed sp with melee? Lol.

This bild is gear nightmare. Darkstorm helps..
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 06-08-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Community Member

Perhaps you should post this in the multi class section?

Quote Originally Posted by rprust1 View Post
    Perhaps you should post this in the multi class section?

Nah - everyone has posted 14/16/18 sorc builds in the Sorc forum forever since plain old 20 sorc is just not worth it (IMHO anyhow).
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows