Thread: why am i weak?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default why am i weak?

Hello,

I have a so far 7/1 sorc /monk that I am building to be 18/2 and even tho it's 1 level, on my old pure sorc was hitting almost double what I am hitting and had about 3/8 more sp than me. I am a human with 19 str and 21 cha, I'm putting part qstaff melee in there. And my old pure sorc was hitting higher with 23 cha. Also with 19 str on a quaterstaff I'm hitting MAYBR! 10s at lvl 8 in necro1

Is it just slow to catch up, or did I mess with the system?
    Shaman Class?

Community Member

You are worried that your damage with quarterstaff as a sorcerer 7 / monk 1 is too low.
    1d6: Base quarterstaff
    +6: 19 strength
    +? enhancement bonus
    +1 henshin staff training

However, mobs in Necro 1 are probably spamming Rays of Enfeeblement and possibly other strength damage special attacks. Buy stack of Lesser Restoration potions.

That said, burnination would probably be a better choice than swinging the feeble staff.

Sorcerer 8 gains 65 base spell points over Sorcerer 7. You also have 16 fewer spell points because of your lower charisma. Also, impure sorcs don't receive full double effect from spell point items, but reduced.

What kind of a qstaff are you using?

If it's a proper melee weapon, it doesn't have spell power or spell lore, find a combustion of fire lore stick then try out your fireball.

if it's a caster stick then it isn't a real melee weapon (holy of undead bane for necro quests for example)

did you put points into ek to help out the melee? moving those points into fire savant to increase the caster level of your spells, and your fire spell power and crit chance would make a noticeable difference in the damage of your fire spells (same would be true if you went with another element)
    Last edited by Lonnbeimnech; 05-28-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    What kind of a qstaff are you using?

If it's a proper melee weapon, it doesn't have spell power or spell lore, find a combustion of fire lore stick then try out your fireball.

if it's a caster stick then it isn't a real melee weapon (holy of undead bane for necro quests for example)

did you put points into ek to help out the melee? moving those points into fire savant to increase the caster level of your spells, and your fire spell power and crit chance would make a noticeable difference in the damage of your fire spells (same would be true if you went with another element)
    Would it be better to just role pure? And forget evasion or save boost from pally? I've never hit 20 ever. I'll never go wiz they cast to slow. And then use my perfered savant and a little in EK for defense with a WF race?
    Shaman Class?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar1996 View Post
    Would it be better to just role pure? And forget evasion or save boost from pally? I've never hit 20 ever. I'll never go wiz they cast to slow. And then use my perfered savant and a little in EK for defense with a WF race?
    Yes.

If you've never hit 20 before, roll a pure caster sorc. They are one of the easiest classes to level. With the way you seem to play, I really wouldn't worry about building defenses at all unless you plan to spend a lot of time in EE. Ignore the EK tree mostly, pick two savants. Fire/electric top tier are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Yes.

If you've never hit 20 before, roll a pure caster sorc.

Agreed - if you've never hit 20 than you really SHOULD before you start playing with multi-class sorcs.

You also need to understand WHY you are multi-classing before you do it.

So ask yourself this:

Why are you going 18/2 with monk? The obvious benefit is for evasion...which you don't get until Level 2 Monk. So why, at level 8, do you not have 2 levels of Monk yet?

As for "throwing in a little melee" you'll need to figure out if you're going to play a melee sorc or a caster. As has already been mentioned you're either using a proper melee weapon (which limits your casting ability) or a proper caster stick (which limits your melee ability). Choose which you are going to be and stick with it.

Since you:
    A) don't understand why you are multi-classing yet (unless you're just doing it for flavor) and
    B) need to decide which version of a Sorc you are playing (EK Melee or Savant) than you should simply roll a 20 sorc and go full on Fire/Air savant.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows