Thread: Deity weapons

Community Member

Default Deity weapons

Are warforged the only race that gets a choice for a two-handed weapon from their deity? How big a deal is giving up all the bonuses for the Righteous Weapons line of enhancements? I really don't want a warforged, but I want a favored soul using 2h weapons.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_Yaya_ View Post
    Are warforged the only race that gets a choice for a two-handed weapon from their deity?
    Yes.
    How big a deal is giving up all the bonuses for the Righteous Weapons line of enhancements?
    Not very.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

I think overall the FvS is a good class, but the lack of weapon options is a pity. I don’t like the concept of the Warfoged; I’m more of a Forgotten Realms fan. Also, I would rather use a 2h weapon or use two-weapon fighting line. With the lack of feats you almost must splash levels of monk or fighter if you want to swing 2 scimitars.

Although I don’t see a problem of opening more weapon options for all races, but why not allow Dwarves use a Warhammer, H-orc with a 2h club or a Halfling with a short sword or rapier? I would be all in favor of a quarterstaff as well; could you imagine the multiclass options?

I wish I liked Warfoged, but when I played one I found myself yearning to get to level 20 and TR.

FvS need more options.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Yaya_ View Post
    Are warforged the only race that gets a choice for a two-handed weapon from their deity? How big a deal is giving up all the bonuses for the Righteous Weapons line of enhancements? I really don't want a warforged, but I want a favored soul using 2h weapons.
    My FvS has the favored weapons as longswords, and I use them whenever a shield would be beneficial, but when I want raw DPS, I still swing a greatsword. If your STR modifier is higher than 10, you still have a net gain by switching to THF with the 150% damage from your STR modifier) If you don't want to splash a different class, you can still get a feat for your chosen thf weapon, or go half elf and use the fighter dillitante (sp?) for martial weapon proficiencies.

One other thing to consider: with U22 comes the single weapon fighting lines that will give you 200% boost to damage from your STR modifier at the highest tiers. If using that, you might be able to out DPS with a single handed weapon afterall.

this is one of those that keep coming back it seems....
    .... Ye, more weapons choices (thus probably more gods are needed), still find it annoying I can't there isn't a option for the classical staffwielding priest.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    One other thing to consider: with U22 comes the single weapon fighting lines that will give you 200% boost to damage from your STR modifier at the highest tiers. If using that, you might be able to out DPS with a single handed weapon afterall.
    You still want a non-crummy deity weapon option, though; longswords (outside of Oathblade), short swords (outside of Celestia), and heavy maces (outside of Phosphor) are subpar choices. Scimitars are the only good choice.

In any case, it sounds like TWF > SWF for DPS, which suggests SWF will be for the stat-constrained or those who want an orb in their offhand.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    You still want a non-crummy deity weapon option, though; longswords (outside of Oathblade), short swords (outside of Celestia), and heavy maces (outside of Phosphor) are subpar choices. Scimitars are the only good choice.

In any case, it sounds like TWF > SWF for DPS, which suggests SWF will be for the stat-constrained or those who want an orb in their offhand.
    As a reminder to the OP, if you are willing to change your mind and go TWF, elves and half-elves can go undying court and get scimitars as their favored weapons.

That being said, if you don't want to go TWF, with a decent STR score, the benefits of THF will outclass the benefits of the favored weapons line.
    Last edited by LuKaSu; 05-27-2014 at 05:40 PM.