Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Lvl 18 Sorc...what next?

Just hit lvl 18 with my first Sorc. (Human, 32 point build.) Everything I've read says there's no benefit to going pure Sorc...that picking up a couple of levels of a different class is the way to go. Hoping to get some input on different choices and why.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AStormbringer View Post
    Just hit lvl 18 with my first Sorc. (Human, 32 point build.) Everything I've read says there's no benefit to going pure Sorc...that picking up a couple of levels of a different class is the way to go. Hoping to get some input on different choices and why.

Thanks.
    I would go pure and use this build as a reference:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-EE-DPS-Build

Just do some epic hard questing to open up your destinies
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

I would actually also recommend going pure. The elemental form is a mixed bag but it does offer benefits.

Common dips are:
    Paladin 2 for charisma to saves.
    FVS 2(-4) for temporary SP on crit: http://ddowiki.com/page/Angel_of_Ven...ments#Tier_Two

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AStormbringer View Post
    Everything I've read says there's no benefit to going pure Sorc...that picking up a couple of levels of a different class is the way to go.
    It's not that there's no benefit to being pure; the capstones are okay and extra spell slots & SPs are always welcome. It's that the benefits of splashing often outweigh them. A pally splash for Div Grace is pretty common for the huge boost to saves; have to be Lawful Good, though. If you're playing a fire+force-specced sorc, a FvS splash for AoV benefits (Scourge+Just Reward+Smiting) is also an option.

That said, any properly equipped pure sorc is gonna be a DPS fiend anyway, so it's not like you're gimping yourself horribly by staying pure.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.