Thread: Elfritch Knight

Default Elfritch Knight

This may sound weird, But I believe this will work. I do not have a character planned out cause I do not know what to exactly grab.

The Result is a 18/2 Wiz/Rog Elf (But with Elf having skill to get Access to AA) It will be an Eldritch Knight, Pale Master, Arcane Archer.

Pretty simple, Elf have the Bow and Dex for Damage skills, EK gets you the protection and Spell swords for more damage, with Pale Master giving you heals, and then the 2 rog for Evasion and traps. The only real problem I see with this is how spread out the skill points are, also not a lot of feat options. I DO plan however playing as a basic AA but with spells to fall back on, Feats as pointed towards a ranger with Many shot, while that is on cool down, switch to a Great sword, or Axe to lay some Tempest and Strikes from EK for damage. (I chose two handed cause there are less feats to obtain.)

I have tried, Arrow Imbues from AA and Weapon Imbues from EK do stack. AS you level, play as a Wiz. Then later on get your bow in for more damage. Spells are not going be the greatest but are something.
    Shaman Class?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar1996 View Post
    The Result is a 18/2 Wiz/Rog Elf (But with Elf having skill to get Access to AA) It will be an Eldritch Knight, Pale Master, Arcane Archer.
    APs are gonna be the main issue here: you need to spend at least 20 APs into elf to get AA, Grace, and Skill. Feats are also an issue: low BAB will force you to backload some of them. PBS (1), Rapid Shot (3), Precision (6), Prec Shot (9), Manyshot (12), IC:Ranged (18), Combat Archery (21), IPS (24).
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    APs are gonna be the main issue here: you need to spend at least 20 APs into elf to get AA, Grace, and Skill. Feats are also an issue: low BAB will force you to backload some of them. PBS (1), Rapid Shot (3), Precision (6), Prec Shot (9), Manyshot (12), IC:Ranged (18), Combat Archery (21), IPS (24).
    Otherwise do you think, a kinda solid build?
    Shaman Class?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Well, not to be indelicate, but: what do you expect to be good at?

If you take the ranged feats I suggest, you won't have enough left over to invest into melee. Plus the whole point to going DEX-based is so you can dump STR, but the only melee weapons which will benefit from DEX are rapiers & longswords (Aerenal Grace). And if you're making a non-monkcher ranged toon, you're at a disadvantage compared to all those monkchers.

I have some monk 6 / wiz 12 Shiradi monkcher ideas, but they don't use Pale Master (not enough APs); instead the idea is to alternate between Manyshot, 10K Stars, and Shiradi spam (Evo AM SLAs).

I've been mulling over some SWF+archery build ideas to take advantage of rapier+longbow, but they're not ready for prime-time.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.