Default Weapon choices, rogue hybrid.

This is a quite simple question.

I'm building a rogue ranger toaster. It's going to be predominantly a dual wield build, but will have all the cleaves to use with a two hander in mobs (because I enjoy having both, alongside the burst with many shot)

I will have 12-13 rogue, for kip up and improved evasion. I will not have any tier 5 because ap is super tight between getting power of the forge, kip up and killer.

Now for the actual question:

What weapons. 2 war hammers and a staff or dual scimitars and a falchion?
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.
    Sereine De'Corenai Paladin. Because ETR.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    I will have 12-13 rogue, for kip up and improved evasion. I will not have any tier 5 because ap is super tight between getting power of the forge, kip up and killer.

. . .

What weapons. 2 war hammers and a staff or dual scimitars and a falchion?
    Since this is an unusual flavor build, I would consider the first option: Sireth + Mornhs x2. 32 APs in Acrobat gets you Kip Up + Staff Spec; 16 APs in BF gets you Power of the Forge; 6 APs in Tempest for +10% offhand; leaving 26 APs to pick up Killer from DWS or Assassin. If you go LD, pick up Pulverizer; it won't affect staves, but it will boost your crit range on Mornh. Feats are: Power Atk/CL/GC/OC; IC:Blunt; GTWF; Quicken and perhaps a couple of ranged feats.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Since this is an unusual flavor build, I would consider the first option: Sireth + Mornhs x2. 32 APs in Acrobat gets you Kip Up + Staff Spec; 16 APs in BF gets you Power of the Forge; 6 APs in Tempest for +10% offhand; leaving 26 APs to pick up Killer from DWS or Assassin. If you go LD, pick up Pulverizer; it won't affect staves, but it will boost your crit range on Mornh. Feats are: Power Atk/CL/GC/OC; IC:Blunt; GTWF; Quicken and perhaps a couple of ranged feats.
    I didn't have much time to type out the OP, so I'll elaborate a bit on what I was thinking about. I know dual Mornh's or a Mornh/TF combo with Sireth would probably be the best synergy overall. It makes sense with the 15% attack speed and the quickstrike attack, but I'm feeling as if it won't be nearly as good outside of dreadnaught as I'm hoping. Obviously in something like Thunder Peak I'm going to be running as a Fury build, or maybe even something else that would benefit the party in some way. That's the main reason I was thinking about dual scimitars and a falchion. Yes I admit that planning for 3 TF weapons on a single character is a bit insane, but those base weapons do still have a decent backing elsewhere.

Also I wasn't going to use any tier 5 abilities simply because of the way I had my AP spent. I was going to go for Killer through the assassin tree because it gave me another 2d6 sneak damage, venomed blades, and bleed them out for some extra goodies for damage. Then I was going to work on TA with just enough to get Kip up, while dumping the rest into Bladeforged for POTF, Tempest for the second core and also spring boost 2, and DWS for exposing strike. While I do admit that having 2 paladin would seem as if Divine Might is a good idea I felt being able to bluff my enemies with an attack and other ways of just increasing attack speed were more valuable. I've debated even on dropping paladin and just taking a single level of fighter (build would be 13 Rogue 6 Ranger 1 Fighter) just for more action boosts (of which I'm a complete W H O R E for). This would also let me take improved sneak attack and quicken instead of just quicken since the build is super tight on feats as well.

So that was my logic. Would a staff still be a good idea (in particular Sireth) even if I don't have Staff specialization, alongside a couple warhammers for major single target damage but be limited in effectiveness to LD simply because of Pulverizer, or would dual Scimitars (which work great in any destiny) be better coupled with a falchion for cleaving through enemies. The third option also is axes, but I'm not too keen on them.

Feats are really just what you put, adding in point blank+IC:range and subbing quicken for Improved Sneak Attack (the casting time isn't bothering me just yet), and twists are Balanced Attacks, Grim Precision and either unearthly reactions or energy sheathe depending on what I'm running or until I get that 4th twist slot.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

If you thinking about pulverizer with Sieth.... it is not a working.

12 rog 6 ranger 2 pala is a build I suggested Necro in u19. Gotta get that DM, an with 2 pala you don't need imp evasion. Works with all kind of weapons. Pulverizrer + morphic arrow + all that SA damage results in a pretty uber MS.

Can use daggers if you go tier 5 in Assassin, I like Agony a lot since imp deception on weapon stacks with imp deception on accessory (unless if you have tier 3 TF) the original build was made to exploit the now fixed Archer's Focus bug and took tier 5 in DWS for maximum cheesyness.
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Quote Originally Posted by Zoda View Post

12 rog 6 ranger 2 pala is a build I suggested Necro in u19. Gotta get that DM, an with 2 pala you don't need imp evasion. Works with all kind of weapons. Pulverizrer + morphic arrow + all that SA damage results in a pretty uber MS.

Can use daggers if you go tier 5 in Assassin, I like Agony a lot since imp deception on weapon stacks with imp deception on accessory (unless if you have tier 3 TF) the original build was made to exploit the now fixed Archer's Focus bug and took tier 5 in DWS for maximum cheesyness.
    I completely forgot about the whole morphic arrows thing. Also that is a good point that all daggers get the same crit profile of balizarde. The only problem there is I don't think I'll ever have the ap to do such a build. Between kip up, knife specialization, forge and 10% offhand there's no way I could fit in DM let alone morphic. The whole double deception thing makes not having exposing easier at least.

If someone could figure up the numbers for me that would be great, I can't do it while I'm at work.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

This may be WAI, as Sireth does slashing & piercing dmg, not bludgeoning. Fringe benefit: Pulverizer will work with blunt ammo inc. Morphic Arrows.

Besides, if you're playing a staff build, odds are you have Staff Spec from Acrobat or Henshin, and it doesn't stack with Pulverizer anyway.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    This may be WAI, as Sireth does slashing & piercing dmg, not bludgeoning. Fringe benefit: Pulverizer will work with blunt ammo inc. Morphic Arrows.

Besides, if you're playing a staff build, odds are you have Staff Spec from Acrobat or Henshin, and it doesn't stack with Pulverizer anyway.
    In a way I'm kind of glad it doesn't. Having everyone screaming on the forums that you HAVE to have monk and you HAVE to have paladin on a build to be viable is enough pain without them also screaming how you HAVE to use a staff otherwise you're not viable at anything.

I need to rework my planner and see how it all works out. As of right now going dual daggers with knife spec, getting a Sireth to go cleaving with, and then farming out a bow sounds like a good set of goals for this character.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

In a way I'm kind of glad it doesn't. Having everyone screaming on the forums that you HAVE to have monk and you HAVE to have paladin on a build to be viable is enough pain without them also screaming how you HAVE to use a staff otherwise you're not viable at anything.

I need to rework my planner and see how it all works out. As of right now going dual daggers with knife spec, getting a Sireth to go cleaving with, and then farming out a bow sounds like a good set of goals for this character.
    Just drop the cleaving and you are good to go... IPS manyshot takes care of crowds way more efficiently anyway.
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Ultimate Uber Completionist Dalsheel's Avatar

Off-Topic:
    Pulverizer is the most broken ED ability. The fact it works with Bows using the Morphic Arrows imbue but not with hand-wraps is mind bogglingly annoying.
    Argonnessen - Death N Taxes
    Main: Dalsheel, Paladin - Triple everything
    Alts: Elralia, Wizard - Retired for now // Nesnibtan, Undecided - Currently on the TR-Train

Quote Originally Posted by IxidorGR View Post
    Off-Topic:
    Pulverizer is the most broken ED ability. The fact it works with Bows using the Morphic Arrows imbue but not with hand-wraps is mind bogglingly annoying.
    Something working with monks? HAH.

Just drop the cleaving and you are good to go... IPS manyshot takes care of crowds way more efficiently anyway.
    I would but I love it so much. That's all night does is cleave everything he comes up to.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Quote Originally Posted by IxidorGR View Post
    Off-Topic:
    I'm going to agree here. The whole logic behind is just seems like lolwutgtfonewb.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

I would but I love it so much. That's all night does is cleave everything he comes up to.
    Cleave with TWF then, don't ssee what's the point of selfgimping so you can cleave with a qstaff. Or drop TWF...