Default Thrown Attack Speed

This is buried in my Thrower build thread in my signature so I'm posting here:

"Heroic Feats" are Rapid Shot and Quickdraw, which each give around a real world increase of 15%, combined it's about 25%. I have not done these tests to see what throwing rates would be at Epic without these Heroic feats, but I'd like to try to do that next.

Eventually I'll update the picture, but Ranged Alacrity, 10% from Cannith Crafting DOES apply exactly as expected. 5.57%, or .933 Sec/Throw vs Baseline (Nothing, above).
    Last edited by jakeelala; 05-13-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    good at business

Gilvaenor's Ring and Ranged Alacrity, 10% from Cannith Crafting stack?

and im not sure what echoes Shiradi or WW is.

and tyvm for posting this been trying to find something like this and didnt have much luck.
    Cannith Javarsee, Zolst, Shaude Argonnessen Tagz

What was your BAB during these tests?

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    What was your BAB during these tests?
    25 With Tensors, or whatever it would be encountered as a 9Rogue/6Monk/5Wizard Centered. 12? 14?
    good at business

Thank you for reposting this information.

I am curious also about the effects of thrown attack speed and gear if one does not have all the heroic feats, i.e. for those of us that might have a build that splashes only a couple and then wishes to occasionally swap in gear etc. to maximize the throws.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Very interesting!

I did read that the Sharavath set had a different bonus type that was designed to stack with Ranged Alacrity. Perhaps in our various threads on throwers, we just never saw any real change to thrown weapons with Ranged Alacrity because we tried using it at lower levels as opposed to higher ones.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    (Stormreach Shadows updates are in indefinite hiatus.)
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaude View Post

WW i believe is Whirling Wrists, from Shiradi

Quote Originally Posted by Shaude View Post

and tyvm for posting this been trying to find something like this and didnt have much luck.
    Gilvaenor's, the Arcane Archer set, is typed as a competence bonus to ranged alacrity. The majority of alacrity are typed as enhancement bonuses, such as Haste, Blinding Speed, and Speed (item suffix). As such, the AA ToD set is supposed to stack with stuff.

Echoes Shiradi is "Echoes of the Ancestors: Shiradi Champion", an option for "Echoes of the Ancestors: Primal", a Tier 4 Fatesinger ability. It gives 1 DEX, 5 Spot, 2 Listen, 2 Diplomacy, "10%" bow and thrown attack speed... [and 20% song duration.]

WW is Whirling Wrists, a Tier 3 Shiradi Champion ability which gives "60%" thrown attack speed at the highest upgrade.

[Extra add-on: There's no such thing as shirardi, only shiradi, for those who care... and Tenser's Transformation is spelled with 2 e's in the first word, not an e and an o]
    Last edited by Xiadais; 05-18-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiadais View Post
    Tenser's Transformation is spelled with 2 e's in the first word, not an e and an o
    It's interesting the fact that the simpler the word, the more mistakes are made.