Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I'll be there in maybe another 100 years. Which of us does it make more sense for Turbine to try to keep content?
    Well when you consider that he is leading and teaching the 2 new raids more than anyone on my server...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    No sense? If turbine released endgame content, I'd be satisfied. What are you talking about with the 10x or 100x nonsense. I'm still playing this game after 8 years, clearly I like the game. All they need to do is plan smarter and we'll have a happier playerbase, power gamers and casuals included.

AND casual folks who do the mid-level epic grind would be satisfied too because of the lower tier loot an easier difficulty settings, as clearly evidenced by a casual player talking about an existing implementation.

How are you not understanding this point?
    Just ignore people like this like I do. You will be all the better for it. I have found that it is a waste of time and cause of frustration to try explaining your point to other players again and again when they do not get it. Even if you dumb down your post to the most basic elements.
    Last edited by Grimlock; 05-16-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 17); Saulot (Life 5); Leviathian (Life 9); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

What's nonsense about 10x or 100x? It cost just as much to develop content for a game with 1000 players as it does for a game with 1000000000 players. The difference being that selling that content to a thousand players is less profitable than selling it to a billion. If they were selling it to a billion, or maybe even 100x what we have they could afford to hire enough teams to turn out enough content, often enough, to keep everyone happy.

I'm thinking you are expecting to much out of an upgraded heroic pack most already have anyway. Expect the good stuff from new packs, or more likely expansions, that actually might generate enough income to be worth putting it in. Epic 3BC is little more than a placeholder for actual new content. No sense in giving end game gear away in it.

As for the rest, I'm sure they will take that into consideration for the next MMO they develop. But this one is a bit old to be thinking about making major changes to as they likely won't see much, if any, return on the investment. It's the same reason sick young dogs might get treatment where sick old dogs get put to sleep.
    You know, I said that I'd be ok with mid-level packs if content was churned out faster, increasing the rate of development isn't the only way that they can make me happier. I already said: the content that they DO churn out should be cognizent of endgame players, and they can do that with the resources they have, and I even gave you a glaring example of stormhorns - which absolutely exceeded my expectations - literally, the only two things i was disappointed about is that there wasn't any raid, and the magistrate scepter type items.

I don't see what other point you can make, as I'm stating something pretty obvious here. Make content that has a tiered loot system and that can challenge a different level range of players on different difficulties. The hardest part here is probably just designing the adventures and the loot/loot systems. The difficulty itself is just statting (I'm sure this is a bit of an oversimplification, but you get the point)

I'll put it another way, releasing a mid-level ONLY pack makes people smash through it for whatever XP it will be worth. And, we have absolute garbage for loot. People can say wow all they want, but none of that stuff is making it into endgame setups - and if they are, I bet i can come up with an equally powerful one with the stuff we have today.

So, this means it is solely leveling gear - anyone have trouble leveling today, that we NEED better twink gear? This whole pack sucks. We have to wait MONTHS now until we **maybe** get something good for the end-game folks. How the hell are they going to justify a level cap of 30 with an impoverished endgame? You said yourself that they need more people to make more content, how do you think they'll keep us happy at 30, if they can't even give us a preliminary endgame pack to add to the arsenal of stuff we'll need to do then?
    Last edited by Cetus; 05-16-2014 at 08:43 AM.

You know, I said that I'd be ok with mid-level packs if content was churned out faster, increasing the rate of development isn't the only way that they can make me happier. I already said: the content that they DO churn out should be cognizent of endgame players, and they can do that with the resources they have, and I even gave you a glaring example of stormhorns - which absolutely exceeded my expectations - literally, the only two things i was disappointed about is that there wasn't any raid, and the magistrate scepter type items.

I don't see what other point you can make, as I'm stating something pretty obvious here. Make content that has a tiered loot system and that can challenge a different level range of players on different difficulties. The hardest part here is probably just designing the adventures and the loot/loot systems. The difficulty itself is just statting (I'm sure this is a bit of an oversimplification, but you get the point)

I'll put it another way, releasing a mid-level ONLY pack makes people smash through it for whatever XP it will be worth. And, we have absolute garbage for loot. People can say wow all they want, but none of that stuff is making it into endgame setups - and if they are, I bet i can come up with an equally powerful one with the stuff we have today.

So, this means it is solely leveling gear - anyone have trouble leveling today, that we NEED better twink gear? This whole pack sucks. We have to wait MONTHS now until we **maybe** get something good for the end-game folks. How the hell are they going to justify a level cap of 30 with an impoverished endgame? You said yourself that they need more people to make more content, how do you think they'll keep us happy at 30, if they can't even give us a preliminary endgame pack to add to the arsenal of stuff we'll need to do then?
    I still don't have a Dusk Heart shard, wanna run some sands?

How sad is that the only pack that I'm still missing an item from was made idk how many years ago?

Your packs last 1-2 weeks for better zergers, and you release them like every 3 months, I have no clue why I still have an active VIp at this point.
    Go back to seals/shards/scrolls already. Make them unbound so you can get your cut on the ASAH. Everyone is happy.
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i hate featherfall permanently on gear. i prefer just quickly falling and if i need to fall a great distance, just swap in and out a featherfall item.
    This.. only a couple quests in the game where I find FF to be actually needed. The Pit, Coal Chamber, and that one crazy jumping solo one in the Dreaming Dark island.

Otherwise, just take the fall damage.. it's really not much.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    So you'd rather be the only one standing in the game than try (I say "try" but it's not really hard to satisfy powergamers but you clearly do not understand this point) to keep both you (casuals) AND powergamers? Way to go!

You are just telling us powergamers to FO basically And in a way, even Turbine is doing so.
    What the heck does this have to do with me? I have nothing to do with Turbine and thus no say in what demographics they target. I'm just saying it's better to worry about those you actually may be able to satisfy than those who devour content at a rate you will never be able to keep up with. In this thread alone I've seen it stated that at the rate Turbine can turn out content, every update should be targeted at power gamers.

Actually neither I nor Turbine is telling you to "FO". That's just how you see it, which kind of makes my point.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    So you're saying running 29 and 30 will be great because we can overlevel content we've already played into the ground during levels 21-28???
    No I'm just having realistic expectations. When the cap goes up I expect some higher content to be released. Not a huge amount as we have told them where we stand on expansions. I expect it to be much like the jump from 16 to 20 actually. Releasing much 29-30 content before then would just mean it would be run into the ground before the cap change.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zoda View Post
    I still don't have a Dusk Heart shard, wanna run some sands?

How sad is that the only pack that I'm still missing an item from was made idk how many years ago?

Your packs last 1-2 weeks for better zergers, and you release them like every 3 months, I have no clue why I still have an active VIp at this point.
    Go back to seals/shards/scrolls already. Make them unbound so you can get your cut on the ASAH. Everyone is happy.
    I love the idea of going back to seal/shards/scrolls. Although then we would still have no incentive to do ee unless it was a significant raise, or unless they got rid of this en/eh/ee difficulty settings.
    Last edited by moo_cow; 05-17-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Community Member

So instead of just whipping up some en/eh/ee variations, which btw would take 5 minutes, you guys are just gonna leave the items as is? So we are just gonna start letting the endgame players die off while we wait 3 + more months for content that is considered worth running? This would at least keep people interested for a little while longer. Not sure where you guys got the idea to remove the en/eh/ee versions of items because most end game players want this system more then this generic epic bs. Please take the 5 minutes to upgrade the loot to all difficulties unless you guys are trying to slowly kill off the game because seriously there is no downside to tiering the loot as such, however there is a downside to leaving it as is and that should be pretty obvious. Do we want players leaving or staying, tough question, we should probably wait 8 more months before acting on it though. When there starts being an endgame hopefully there is still people around that play.
    Last edited by moo_cow; 05-18-2014 at 12:24 AM.

No I'm just having realistic expectations. When the cap goes up I expect some higher content to be released. Not a huge amount as we have told them where we stand on expansions. I expect it to be much like the jump from 16 to 20 actually. Releasing much 29-30 content before then would just mean it would be run into the ground before the cap change.
    It appears to me you're not having realistic expectations so much as agreeing with Turbine on a demonstrably poor choice, that leaves a paucity of content to do between 28 and 30 and keeps end game thread bare and players continuing to leave in droves for lack of things to do if you're not into TR's.

I seems to me that "TR focused" players get just as much out of an 28th level pack as they do a 24th... considering there will soon be 29th and 30th level. At least TR focused players who are thinking past the short term.

Change some CR's put +10 where there's +8 (etc.) and this pack makes more players happy and helps flesh out the levels where most players (TR's and End gamers alike) are going to soon need content.

Seems to me that our so-called "feedback" is falling on deaf ears. What's the point of asking for feedback if their minds are already seemingly made up.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

. Mid-level uselessness such as this upcoming pack appeals to few.
    Seeing how this thread is derailed.......

It seems to me, over the last 3 years we the community have been clamoring for more mid lvl content.
    (And also end-game.)

We have a company that is running on skeleton sized crew, and are doing the best they can. New. casual, crafters, and power-gamers, ALL of us, are going to get short-sided, depending on what stance you take.

As for the OP, matching CC gear to end-game might draw a conflict with design elements for new content. We were told gear from CC will get an upgrade. Be patient you grasshoppers.

As for the people that blow out content in one day, why would you opine about gear. Clearly you don't have the patience most people do. and are more of a thorn in Turbine's side than trolls/flamers/and whiners, when it comes to trying to give everyone a little something.

I personally have found CC gear to take up too many slots that other sets and individual gear has. And that CC gear is underwhelming in the big picture. As for TR gear. there is better, and much less of s grind.

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    It seems to me, over the last 3 years we the community have been clamoring for more mid lvl content.
    (And also end-game.)
    Can you point me at the threads clamoring for more mid level epic content and mid level gear? Endgame I can find, so no need to find those.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

I like the loots so far: MLVL24, BtA, and really decent stats for those who want an upgrade from old epic gear, yes there are still a lot of us...

Good Job,
    and again thanks for getting rid of the lamest gear idea ever "the difficulty tiered whatever that was".

Community Member

It appears to me you're not having realistic expectations so much as agreeing with Turbine on a demonstrably poor choice, that leaves a paucity of content to do between 28 and 30 and keeps end game thread bare and players continuing to leave in droves for lack of things to do if you're not into TR's.

I seems to me that "TR focused" players get just as much out of an 28th level pack as they do a 24th... considering there will soon be 29th and 30th level. At least TR focused players who are thinking past the short term.

Change some CR's put +10 where there's +8 (etc.) and this pack makes more players happy and helps flesh out the levels where most players (TR's and End gamers alike) are going to soon need content.
    When we get there and actually have a need for it, I expect to see that content. Hell, saving the new end game stuff is likely why we are getting epified 3BC filler content now, rather than something actually new.

Lack of content ready to be released may actually be why the level cap hasn't been raised yet come to think of it. It's not like adding a couple epic levels would be all that much work afterall.
    Last edited by Gremmlynn; 05-19-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Seems to me that our so-called "feedback" is falling on deaf ears. What's the point of asking for feedback if their minds are already seemingly made up.
    I will tell you why: EGO they want full credit!

But they will get credit for wrecking the potential for this awesome game

But I dare you Turbine surprise meh

I for one am super glad there's no longer normal-hard-elite tier equipment. I will agree though that + stat abilities should be left to random loot and put the special abilities on the named. By doing that, unless it's top-end stats, you will avoid people complaining they are too low for endgame in the future.

Example: if the gloves had instead of +13 intimidate on the slot, +7 str colourless slot and no +8 ability, people would actually like it more. Imagine the item: +40hp, +30 healing amp, colourless slot preslotted with +7 str. Lots of people would like this! As soon as people see the +8 strength added to it they dislike the whole item because of it, even though it's actually better, at least for a few levels.
    Last edited by kmoustakas; 05-20-2014 at 04:45 AM.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Can you point me at the threads clamoring for more mid level epic content and mid level gear? Endgame I can find, so no need to find those.
    I'd like to see those links as well, I can recall the end game ones just fine.

it becomes harder and harder to ignore the "deafening silence" of the Dev's on end game focused players concerns, it becomes more and more of a pattern of deliberate intent.

I'd like to see those links as well, I can recall the end game ones just fine.

it becomes harder and harder to ignore the "deafening silence" of the Dev's on end game focused players concerns, it becomes more and more of a pattern of deliberate intent.
    The 2 new raids are a prelude to the Tyranny of Dragons but I think the WOC are stabbing Turbine in the back by letting Neverwinter have it and ignoring DDO. Note that is my opinion after reading a few articles online.
    Last edited by Sokól; 05-20-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415