Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

A note on what treasure is found where: the boots are landscape only. The others can also be found in quest end chests, along with the other named treasure that hasn't been seen yet.

I am a casual player myself and if reaching my max level I will TR as soon as I can because there is enough for me to explore.
    But...
    ... Looking how they extended the max level (and will grow a bit more) it does sound logical that they don't have straight away everything to interestingly fill that jump.
    Looking at the what they did till now is first ensuring there is enough to reach the max level. Once that is done I believe and hope for the endgamers that they will indeed make that part interesting enough again.

I could be wrong about their strategy and my understanding of it, but it feels logical.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    A note on what treasure is found where: the boots are landscape only. The others can also be found in quest end chests, along with the other named treasure that hasn't been seen yet.
    so there is no loot that can be gotten from end chests in the quests??
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    We've only seen 3 pieces of loot so far... and many many people will want them... they are pretty rock solid for any normal player.
    The loot is rock solid, IF the cap was level 25, and if we didn't already have plenty of loot in the level 25 range.

GIANT DOG

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    The loot is rock solid, IF the cap was level 25, and if we didn't already have plenty of loot in the level 25 range.
    I actually prefer level 24 loot because I usually TR fairly quickly after hitting 28 and I end up never using any of the ML 28 stuff I have in my inventory. More variety at this range is great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentaki View Post
    I actually prefer level 24 loot because I usually TR fairly quickly after hitting 28 and I end up never using any of the ML 28 stuff I have in my inventory. More variety at this range is great for me.
    There is already plenty of loot at this level range, and more is not really needed. When the cap goes to 30, the amount of XP needed to get from 28-30 is more than the XP needed to get from 20-25, and you will be really wishing for more level 28 gear then when ETR'ing.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Last edited by kinggartk; 05-13-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

GIANT DOG

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    There is already plenty of loot at this level range, and more is not really needed. When the cap goes to 30, the amount of XP needed to get from 28-30 is more than the XP needed to get from 20-25, and you will be really wishing for more level 28 gear then when ETR'ing.
    I get a lot of loot at around this range and I still have some holes I'd like to fill or work around. So I disagree.

And when the cap goes up, it'd just mean I have level 24 loot for 6 levels instead of 4 now.

More level 24 loot fits my playstyle. It might not fit yours, and that's fine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    so there is no loot that can be gotten from end chests in the quests??

... That is the exact opposite of what he said...

The issue I see with lvl 24 items with slots is that as soon as you put something good into the slots, the item jumps to lvl 28. The boots, which I think are potential endgame boots for my archer, will need to replace the boots from FoT. So, I will lose the caster benefits and need to put a +8 dex augment into them, making it a lvl 28 item. FoM is the goal and I am assuming it is a lot easier to get than Epic Kundarak Boots (plus EKBs do not have speed X). So, i will probably need to farm a 2nd pair to handle 24-28 or just use the other boots without FoM until lvl 28. Either way, I do like the boots as I now do not have to use my card XI on FoM and can use on deathward; which will save a lot of clickie inventory space as I put the googles in the bank.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I like he items at ml 24. I think they should be upgradeable or have EH or EE versions that bump the variables to their upper limits.

Much like the heroic 3bc; great niche fillers for those offslots where you stuff some utility in to keep yourself alive and kicking.

Wish the heroics got some upgrades though. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Tentaki View Post
    I get a lot of loot at around this range and I still have some holes I'd like to fill or work around. So I disagree.

And when the cap goes up, it'd just mean I have level 24 loot for 6 levels instead of 4 now.

More level 24 loot fits my playstyle. It might not fit yours, and that's fine.
    Using this logic, the quests should have been level 22 and you can use if for 6 levels now.

Don't complain when the cap goes to 30 and you have 5 quests to get 3.15 million XP, using level 24 loot.

BTW I am already using a lot of level 24ish loot, because there are very few options for anything higher right now. I was hoping to actually UPGRADE my loot sometime.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

13. 05-13-2014, 10:54 AM

GIANT DOG

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Using this logic, the quests should have been level 22 and you can use if for 6 levels now.

Don't complain when the cap goes to 30 and you have 5 quests to get 3.15 million XP, using level 24 loot.

BTW I am already using a lot of level 24ish loot, because there are very few options for anything higher right now. I was hoping to actually UPGRADE my loot sometime.
    It all depends on the item. I have a Seal of House Avithoul I was lucky enough to find ( ML 21: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Seal_of_House_Avithoul ) and I basically see no reason to use anything else going forward unless it's a stronger version of said item. The fact that it's ML 21 is great because it means I can use it for a long time.

The issue isn't in the minimum level, it's with how well the loot is designed.

And don't worry, I won't complain.

Dr. Loot. Why are you wasting time on mediocre loot associated with 3BC when the items available out of the two new raids is as anorexic as Keira Knightley?

You are in a critical position at Turbine to flesh out new items in the game. What draws players to content? Gear. If the gear sucks we ignore it. Slotting in mid-level ranged gear for 3BC is a waste of your time and ours.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 17); Saulot (Life 5); Leviathian (Life 9); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Dr. Loot. Why are you wasting time on mediocre loot associated with 3BC when the items available out of the two new raids is as anorexic as Keira Knightley?

You are in a critical position at Turbine to flesh out new items in the game. What draws players to content? Gear. If the gear sucks we ignore it. Slotting in mid-level ranged gear for 3BC is a waste of your time and ours.
    Timelines and timetables dictate what gear is released and when.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    huh..

I always thought it was people who decided these things.

All 3 of the items shown thus far are useful at endgame and people are nonetheless complaining.

Litany of the Dead is still the best trinket on a lot of toons. It's hard to build a toon that doesn't want a GS item. The question isn't whether or not the loot this update is level cap loot or mid-level epic loot, but rather if it's useful enough to give people a reason to run the pack.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    You don't work there. Please stop pretending you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    All 3 of the items shown thus far are useful at endgame and people are nonetheless complaining.

Litany of the Dead is still the best trinket on a lot of toons. It's hard to build a toon that doesn't want a GS item. The question isn't whether or not the loot this update is level cap loot or mid-level epic loot, but rather if it's useful enough to give people a reason to run the pack.
    Wouldn't it be nice if they actually made loot that had GS properties as an end game item?

How about an item that included concordant opposition + Mineral 2 HP into 1 item? Maybe a a new trinket that added +2 profane bonus to stats. This would be nice level 28 gear. Instead we get another set of level 24 gear instead of useful endgame gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This is an absolute lie. We were quite happy pre-MoTU.
    No, THAT is an absolute lie. There was just as many doom threads and complaints about the developers back then. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast