Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default not really endgame at lvl 24 +/-

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Strenght 8?
    Resist +7?

We are talking about endgame gear..we have +10/+11 stuff, why do you give you these +7/+8 ?

And why you keep giving us heal amp 30% on gloves? We have already the PDK. Make this a ring.
    Ehm, Wizza, you did notice where the wilderness/quests are lvl 25 and the loot is ML 24, right?

This is a quest chain to give a bit more variety to the ETR run from 20-28 not end game questing for endgame loot. As presented, for wilderness area named items, I think these are quite nice, giving some good things, adding valuable things to it to make it wanted swap items or slot consolidation for many on their way.

Community Member

Default Mutineer's Blade

Another - minor - named item in the wilderness area:

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.ne...png?1399722744

I think that could get in handy with the SWF feats/swashbuckler and light damage etc.

No super loot, but its only wilderness area
    Last edited by Nascoe; 05-10-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: does the picture show this time?

Make healing amp a yellow augment and stop putting it on gloves! There is already a mountain of kit that is fighting for that spot.

Stoner81.

Definitely worth noting: Epic Three Barrel Cove is CR25. The items in this pack are (generally) ML24, and as such aren't necessarily as powerful as "endgame" loot. That said, many of the items in this pack provide options or fill roles that aren't already available at this level. They're also (generally) Bound to Account.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    U22 items are still a work in progress. This item (and most-to-all of the others in the pack) are meant to be ML24.
    Good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post

I think that could get in handy with the SWF feats/swashbuckler and light damage etc.

Is that really a 3[1d6] 17-20/x2 natural crit profile? With 3d6 light on hit and 1d10 burst light on crit? Compared to most weapons that seems pretty sweet. It doesn't offer the defensive benefits of Balizarde (or the power of a Planar Focus) but as a dps rapier its not too shabby at all at lvl 24. 13-20/x3 crit profile with Swashbuckling.

that's a nice ghostbane weapon. ill still use my triple pos blunt weapons for undead though.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Definitely worth noting: Epic Three Barrel Cove is CR25. The items in this pack are (generally) ML24, and as such aren't necessarily as powerful as "endgame" loot. That said, many of the items in this pack provide options or fill roles that aren't already available at this level. They're also (generally) Bound to Account.
    So endgame crew has no reason at all to get these items? I hope that you are right and they will provide options.

So far, I'm kinda impressed. I like 3/3 items.

EDIT: Will all the items be from the Wilderness? Or you put some of them in the quests as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Iron Mits

From rednamed in the wildy: Barris 'Bluebeard' Amanatu. Pretty sweet.
    for min level 24, the resist 7 and str 8 irks me, but it is a nice item. it would depend on my gear set up if I would slot this. just not sure if I would. it just seems like another throw in item just to benefit from the heal amp.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

suggest keeping to that min level range than. I just care that named items for that level be better than random loot for that level range. there are some people here obviously looking for end game gear and expecting to see it from a CR 25 area. just like anything else below cap level range, the loot from 3BC will be nothing more than epic twink gear for these players.

really need to stop flip flopping on the BTA and BTCoE though. I always thought the way BTA and BTC was set up in the past was a better system, but I wont say why I think the change since it has no place in this thread. since much of this loot is supposed to be BTA, expect people to farm on 1-2 characters to get what they want than stash it away to pass to alts as twink gear while leveling up. I feel like BTA is not a good idea here. BTA for heroic 3BC loot, sure.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

is there epic loot I the epic versions of the quests or just the exploere??
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    So endgame crew has no reason at all to get these items? I hope that you are right and they will provide options.

So far, I'm kinda impressed. I like 3/3 items.

EDIT: Will all the items be from the Wilderness? Or you put some of them in the quests as well?
    I think the quest end rewards are not there yet. When I ran some yesterday they offered just the heroic rewards!

*sigh* all that on rapier which is mostly useless against undead since you won't bypass DR, make it either bludgeon or slashing and you might be on to something (preferably bludgeon).

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    really need to stop flip flopping on the BTA and BTCoE though. I always thought the way BTA and BTC was set up in the past was a better system, but I wont say why I think the change since it has no place in this thread. since much of this loot is supposed to be BTA, expect people to farm on 1-2 characters to get what they want than stash it away to pass to alts as twink gear while leveling up. I feel like BTA is not a good idea here. BTA for heroic 3BC loot, sure.

I disagree, I like BTA here. It isn't true end game loot, even if it is close.

BTA encourages Alts more, which have taken a huge hit in the BtCoE / twist grinding / ePL grinding environment. Additionally, it is more group friendly. A random pugger is more likely to give away BTA loot that they already have than they are BtCoE.

I see no real problems with all of the various bindings being used for different gear. BTC for raids and true end game gear (which is a bit of a moving target, admittedly), then various sprinklings of BtCoE and BTA gear for lower level stuff.

I like what I've seen so far, especially the boots. Pretty good at level, and above level they have 2 distinct situational uses (interestingly enough... classic Shroud buffs... they pass fire & fom).
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

This is in no way meant to be sarcastic or anything like it, so please don't take it as such.
    I very often see threads on this forum where people complain that there's nothing to do at cap, which just makes me wonder why anyone would need items that can only be used for that? It seems to be like TR'ing is the true endgame in DDO, so wouldn't gear suited for that be better?

The problem is everyone has been complaining about no end game gear for more then 8 months. We got 2 raids and 1 new quest to help us with it last update. Only problem was the raids only had 3 loots a piece and the quest 6 loots. Update before that we got 2 new quests with only 1 loot a piece. Why turbine is not listening to players I do not know. We really need end gear loots. Since they raised level cap to 28 we have got next to no end gear loot at all. These loots are not helping us at all. Then to make matters worst there some worst loot ever seen since epic Giant Hold has tiered gear can get much better gear at same level. This having no tiers since they got away from tier gear and no upgradinig it sucks. We where told that most gear in future would be upgradeable since they got rid of the 3 tiers of gear but seems that will not happen at all on this update.

BTA, YES, finally

Who thought this was a good idea?

We have epic gianthold, druid series, high road, kings forest, underdark, schyndyrrlin, epic vons, epic desert, etc to cover the 20-25 range in terms of both xp and gear.

why in the WORLD would you miss an opportunity to enhance our endgame? This is a blatantly obvious thing that isn't being done.

This 3bc nonsense will get zerged in a few hours at best, and if the loot remains mediocre then all of your development is wasted.

Last update gave us NOTHING in terms of longevity. The raids drop like 2 items, with no tiered system - so they're acquired by burning bypass timers on NORMAL. And haunted halls has the same situation.

We simply don't have any carrots that improve content longevity, and you guys surely aren't pumping out new stuff fast enough to make this approach successful.
    Last edited by Cetus; 05-10-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    suggest keeping to that min level range than. I just care that named items for that level be better than random loot for that level range. there are some people here obviously looking for end game gear and expecting to see it from a CR 25 area. just like anything else below cap level range, the loot from 3BC will be nothing more than epic twink gear for these players.

I'm completely opposite. The only time there should be bound items would be for fully upgraded stuff or raid loot. The whole bound shiat have turned into piles of junk on every single toon and sold for scraps on the AH. It has even less value then the BTA items you have saved. I just don't get the idea behind bound stuff and it feels like an artificial need to go hunt for the same gear on another toon, when that time could be better spent individualizing gear through upgrade. Make it your own and make it special. I'd love a system where you pull a blank, then upgrade it twice and each time you could pick from 3-5 different options. Then each named item would have individualized flavor compared to random loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Who thought this was a good idea?

We have epic gianthold, druid series, high road, kings forest, underdark, schyndyrrlin, epic vons, epic desert, etc to cover the 20-25 range in terms of both xp and gear.

why in the WORLD would you miss an opportunity to enhance our endgame? This is a blatantly obvious thing that isn't being done.

This 3bc nonsense will get zerged in a few hours at best, and if the loot remains mediocre then all of your development is wasted.
    Honestly, we need this. There's a big black hole at the top and this you can still run as you gnaw up your 27th level. The next pack as far as I can tell will be level 30 so high level and I assume most of the stuff from now on will be right up there. But this can still be run as high level. I don't know if the XP or the quest will be good, but I'm tired of running ****** shadowfell quests with they eyebleeding purple brain freeze fog.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast