Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Level 25 is a sweet spot with a large gap that needs filling. Meanwhile, the quests will be a high enough level that the comm droprate will be meaningful. Lest anyone forget, it's higher than eGH quests.

I want more endgame to run around my uber decked-out toons with complete thunderforged weapons too, but I think it's insane to knock an update that comes between two endgame updates for doing quality-of-life improvements instead.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    Level 25 is a sweet spot with a large gap that needs filling. Meanwhile, the quests will be a high enough level that the comm droprate will be meaningful. Lest anyone forget, it's higher than eGH quests.

I want more endgame to run around my uber decked-out toons with complete thunderforged weapons too, but I think it's insane to knock an update that comes between two endgame updates for doing quality-of-life improvements instead.
    Quests by level:

Level 20-23 - 51
    Level 24 - 16
    Level 25 - 1*
    Level 26 - 6
    Level 27 - 5
    Level 28 - 2
    Level 29 - 0
    Level 30 - 2*

The level 24 GH fills the level 25 gap quite well. When the cap goes to 30 and we get 5 new quests to get there, getting 3,150,000 XP isn't going to give us a lot of options.

*Raids, not typically XP quests.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    There needs to be a lot more level 28+ quests for when the cap goes up to level 30. That would make the journey less painful considering the high amount of xp required vs. the early epic levels where less xp is required. They can obviously change some of the level 24 and level 26 quests to 25 - if they specifically need level 25s.
    i don't necessarily disagree, but i do believe that Turbine is trying to get more interest with a P2P pack since it lost a lot of popularity with more heroic quests added after F2P launch. i believe they are also trying to fill a gap in the level 25 area. i remember awhile back a dev or maybe it was Producer Rowan that said when they do develop end game content, they don't want to make the same mistake as before by invalidating loot and they want the content to be actual end game. in a way it makes sense to start from the ground up instead of jumping around, but we do need more 28-30 content for players that don't/are done with reincarnation or have good options/good reason to stay at cap for at least awhile.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Definitely worth noting: Epic Three Barrel Cove is CR25. The items in this pack are (generally) ML24, and as such aren't necessari30 ly as powerful as "endgame" loot. That said, many of the items in this pack provide options or fill roles that aren't already available at this level. They're also (generally) Bound to Account.
    You already have a U23 quest in are compendium and that is level 22 witch means we getting 2 back to back updates that are useless. If you have not read 90% of the messages on the forums here people are ****ed that you keep giving us low 20s loot that we have 500 loots in the range now when we have less then 100 loots in high end gear 26-28. Do you not understand your just wasting your time on these updates people will only play them once for favor and never gain.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Crazy idea: Let's discuss the loot since this is the U22 Loot Thread.

As helpful as it is to mention that you would have preferred 3BC to be level 28-30 quests multiple times in the loot thread, you have to know that it isn't going to change the quest levels when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Nothing to discuss about loot. New level 24 loot has no value.
    Cool. Then enjoy discussing other things in other threads.

Whatever, I already cancelled my sub
    Your temper tantrums will be sorely missed.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 05-12-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Crazy idea: Let's discuss the loot since this is the U22 Loot Thread.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

I think that the lack of new loot being posted really reflects the lack of interest in running E3BC, the annoyance about character copy being broken, and the disinterest in level 24 loot.

Man, normally the loot threads get filled up pretty quickly...
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

It's a bit harsh to call it low value, especially since we've only seen 3 items.

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    I'm not really sure where you get that idea from... skeletons have a specific DR number like anything else. Some are pretty high - battleragers have a CR of 30/bludgeon, so it's not an insignificant loss in DPS. But it's not half/bludgeon.

But that rapier does a LOT of bonus damage that makes up for it. It may not be the most optimal weapon in some circumstances, but it's one of the best undead beaters there is for incorporeal undead in particular.
    i must have been thinking about a home brew p&p game.
    As far as undead beaters go: triple positive greensteel (the lv 12 item?) has at least the advantage of breaking dr/good. the incorporial undead aren't exactly the most fear inducing mobs in epic quests.
    Most people still use 3Xpos greensteel & etherial bracers/spectral gloves/ring of shadows(most likely)/shadow sight/etc.
    For the 0,0001% dps increase this might give, people will most likely stick to their greensteels for its lower min lv and greater utility, being able to craft it on any real weapon (sorry monks, you were op enough in the eyes of turbine XD).

It's a nice fluff weapon for newbies, nothing more.

Are we getting more screenshots of new items to discus? is the old Corsair's set getting a revamp?

Community Member

I strongly disagree. Level 24 loot is far more valuable to me than 28 loot as I spend .6 seconds at 28. 3bc epic is clearly designed to fill the gap between egh quests and wheloon. I agree that we need more quests in the high epics, but it is also certainly true that we need more quests in the mid epics as well. Gianthold and wheloon (when I can even stand it in the first place) get boring after awhile.

Also Cetus, no offense man, but there isnt a game developer out there that can keep up with the rate you eat through content, much less one thats been cut to the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    I strongly disagree. Level 24 loot is far more valuable to me than 28 loot as I spend .6 seconds at 28..
    I call shenanigans on this. You are really trying to have the most optimal gear for level 24? And you haven't done GH or CITW for gear? You really need better gear for these low levels quests?

Whatever, I already cancelled my sub, hopefully there will be something to do in the next update (which is looking to be level 22 stuff so probably not).

Community Member

Default Not really, no.

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    I think that the lack of new loot being posted really reflects the lack of interest in running E3BC, the annoyance about character copy being broken, and the disinterest in level 24 loot.

Man, normally the loot threads get filled up pretty quickly...
    Personally I rather think that it reflects that the wilderness area currently is not spawning many monsters (see what the devs mentioned about the airships - monsters spawning) making it only a small chance to run into an oppertunity to get any loot. That paired with the fact that quest rewards are probably still in development (the only add on from heroic are CoV in the list currently), means there is not much to find and you are through with the whole area pretty quick right now.

The explorers are placed, but still have a stand in text too.

Nice niche.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    I strongly disagree. Level 24 loot is far more valuable to me than 28 loot as I spend .6 seconds at 28. 3bc epic is clearly designed to fill the gap between egh quests and wheloon. I agree that we need more quests in the high epics, but it is also certainly true that we need more quests in the mid epics as well. Gianthold and wheloon (when I can even stand it in the first place) get boring after awhile.

Also Cetus, no offense man, but there isnt a game developer out there that can keep up with the rate you eat through content, much less one thats been cut to the bone.
    Ehh...you're probably right that they won't keep up. But I still feel like there are things they can do to enhance their longevity anyway. At least if they made the EE version of these quests level 28-30 and gave us some rare rewards to go after we'd be in there for more than just the first day.

I mean, when is the next update coming out? This one is slated for like june isn't it? The endgame drought continues well through the summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I mean, when is the next update coming out? This one is slated for like june isn't it? The endgame drought continues well through the summer...
    Yes looks like it, I can not see why they do not learn from what they do well, for example Epic GH when level cap was 25 at least then we had some kind of endgame for awhile...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

Yep. The leaves barely just came out here on trees. They are going to be falling off again by the time we get more endgame.

And yes, intentional analogy.

I am usually one of the first to get on Lama and try to get SS's. I haven't even updated Lama this time around.

Who thought this was a good idea?
    Turbine did. I was astonished they placed it as mid epic, and lobbied hard to try and keep them from making a short sighted mistake that will only serve to make levels 28 through 30 thinner.

There's nothing in place at end game, no content to level from 28, 29 and 30. Doesn't make sense to me that they did this. I'm not even sure if they considered it fully. IMO they should have placed this at 28 and made the loot end game worthy in preparation for the cap raise. But it seems someone hasn't learned from the mistakes that Feather outlined in his farewell address LOL. Perhaps he doesn't believe he's making bad decisions... despite all the evidence..
    Last edited by IronClan; 05-12-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Definitely worth noting: Epic Three Barrel Cove is CR25. The items in this pack are (generally) ML24, and as such aren't necessarily as powerful as "endgame" loot. That said, many of the items in this pack provide options or fill roles that aren't already available at this level. They're also (generally) Bound to Account.
    Bravery bonus means that a majority of people are going to be running this at 27 or 26.
    Not sure how useful CR24 items are, unless it's for your NEXT life. (Like most DDO loot, it seems)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by garynash7070 View Post
    Made 3BC level 27-30, instead of CR25, we would have had others complaining that their isn't enough stuff for lvl 23-25.
    The problem with this logic (and the dozens of other posts that agree with it) is that you're going to be complaining REALLY bitterly about thin content when there's Haunted Halls, 2 raids and one 30th level pack to do from 28 to 30.

Perhaps if Turbine shared their content goals for the cap raise this would be less of an issue, but it just seems like poor strategic placement from where I'm sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    The problem with this logic (and the dozens of other posts that agree with it) is that you're going to be complaining REALLY bitterly about thin content when there's Haunted Halls, 2 raids and one 30th level pack to do from 28 to 30.
    I'm going to be doing Wheloon, Stormhorns, 3BC, High Roads, and GH as well to get from 28-30... 3BC on elite and hard are level 27, and 26... You don't think it's possible for level 28 characters to run level 27 and 26 quests for exp?

The powergamers sitting at cap will NEVER be happy. No point even trying to make them happy. They already grinded out epic PLs as fast as possible to get their extra twist slot, and they've grinded out the raids as fast as possible to get their thunder-forged items... And now there's nothing to do... By their own words, they didn't enjoy any of the "grinding", and they don't enjoy not having anything to do now.

I can't imagine how to keep them happy. Even if 3BC was level 28, the powergamers would be done with it in a two weeks, grinding out every loot item they want.

It's impossible for the devs to keep up with the top 2% with content... I'm sure this is true in every MMO. Maybe they should release 40 more epic items that require the old scroll, shard, seal method, and make drop rates super low again... That might keep the powergamers busy for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I'm going to be doing Wheloon, Stormhorns, 3BC, High Roads, and GH as well to get from 28-30... 3BC on elite and hard are level 27, and 26... You don't think it's possible for level 28 characters to run level 27 and 26 quests for exp?

The powergamers sitting at cap will NEVER be happy. No point even trying to make them happy. They already grinded out epic PLs as fast as possible to get their extra twist slot, and they've grinded out the raids as fast as possible to get their thunder-forged items... And now there's nothing to do... By their own words, they didn't enjoy any of the "grinding", and they don't enjoy not having anything to do now.

I can't imagine how to keep them happy. Even if 3BC was level 28, the powergamers would be done with it in a two weeks, grinding out every loot item they want.

It's impossible for the devs to keep up with the top 2% with content... I'm sure this is true in every MMO. Maybe they should release 40 more epic items that require the old scroll, shard, seal method, and make drop rates super low again... That might keep the powergamers busy for a while.
    The easy fix is to just not raise the level cap until there is enough content to justify it. The question is, what do the players gain from a level cap increase other than being more spread out, fewer quests per level and a longer grind? We get a nice round number, but is that worth all the negatives that a cap increase brings when there isn't enough level appropriate content to run? Yes players can be level 28-29 and run level 25 content, but it still begs the question, why raise the cap without content in that level range? I'm just not seeing the point unless the next update after 3bc has at least 12 quests in it for endgame and that's a low end number of quests. I'm still of the opinion that we didn't need the cap increase to 28 and that there still isn't enough content to justify that. Why Turbine wants to prematurely jump again up to 30 is beyond my comprehension. We could be very happy if we were still at a 25 cap by the end of this year. Cap increases are a placebo to satisfy people that don't understand that none of our character power actually comes from that.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast