Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast

Default DDO YouTube link

Welcome to the DDO YouTube link. This thread is for people who want to share their gameplay with the rest of the community through video upload. If you have a video of something you think is cool, maybe a fast run through a quest, a high challange score, a new character build, a neat trick for zerging a quest or anything you want to share, I invite you to post it here.

My hope is that the videos posted in this thread will inspire the community and spark discussion about tactics and playstyle. I hope there can be some friendly competition among our DDO Youtube community. I hope to see some skilled DDO gamers showing us their techniques. Most of all I hope others are inspired to record and upload their gameplay to share with the community.

Please use this thread to link your DDO videos.

HERE is a link to a program to record gameplay.

HERE is a link to a video file compression program.

Speedrun record links:

In the past thins thread was used to track speedruns posted in video. I will continue that if there are multiple players posting speedruns, for now I am no longer tracking speedruns. I do encourage players to link their speedrun videos in this thread whether they are records or not.

I would like to keep the "fair play" rules we had while tracking speedruns so I still ask that you only link videos in which you are using mechanics and features that you believe are working as intended. Please refrain from passing judgment on others you believe are using non-wai features.

Below are links to the old speedrun records:

Pre U25 records link

Post U26 records link
    Last edited by Knight_slayer; 12-19-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    lol.

Default Stormhorns EE

This is a video of a guild run through Stormhorns. Along the way we had some very fast runs. Here are two of thoes runs.
    Lines of supply
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijYZCHQMprk
    Breaking the ranks
    Last edited by Knight_slayer; 05-06-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    This is a video of a guild run through Stormhorns. Along the way we had some very fast runs. Here are two of thoes runs.
    Lines of supply
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijYZCHQMprk
    Breaking the ranks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlMNlIy5DOI
    really liked the breaking the ranks one! wish DDO had some server-side capacity for replay recording as some other games do (bf2, half-life, etc.)

Default Elf monkcher dps

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Welcome to the DDO YouTube link. This thread is for people who want to share their gameplay with the rest of the community through video upload. If you have a video of something you think is cool, maybe a fast run through a quest, a high challange score, a new character build, a neat trick for zerging a quest or anything you want to share, I invite you to post it here.

My hope is that the videos posted in this thread will inspire the community and spark discussion about tactics and playstyle. I hope there can be some friendly competition among our DDO Youtube community. I hope to see some skilled DDO gamers showing us their techniques. Most of all I hope others are inspired to record and upload their gameplay to share with the community.

Please use this thread to link your DDO videos.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHtYKgwi4kw video is really buggy but you can see the highest dps
    I got to pretty clearly.
    I Love elves
    GHALLANDA

can you edit the first post and include suggestions for programs that record sessions? Or links to them? I know that they are elsewhere but it would be helpful. thx.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    can you edit the first post and include suggestions for programs that record sessions? Or links to them? I know that they are elsewhere but it would be helpful. thx.
    shade had a really good guide somewhere.

anyway most of us use fraps, i think... dont know what sestra uses.

i use fraps as well, meyb there is better program that take less pc performace? eveything over 13 frames makes my game play suffer, wold love to get at lest 20 frames per sec
    kokaisa dc caster. .agrippe ranged. farim-1 monk. meatmountain full hate tank.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    RENOWNED in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I edited the first post to include a link to Bandicam download. This is a description of the program:

Bandicam can record DirectX/OpenGL programs like the Fraps (Fraps Alternative, Better than Fraps®)

The recorded file size is much smaller than other software (Bandicam compresses the video when recording)
    You can upload the recorded file to YouTube without converting (720p/1080p full HD video can be made)
    You can record over 24 hours without stopping (Auto Complete Recording function can be used)
    You can record video at resolutions up to 2560*1600 in high quality
    You will experience much less lag than with other capture programs (It uses much lower CPU/GPU/HDD)

Default EE FOT solo post U21

With the introduction of Thunderforged weapons I had to regear my solo build. I found a setup I think works and wanted to test it with an EE solo. Below is a link to a solo EE FOT video using my new gear setup.

Last edited by Knight_slayer; 05-06-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nolifer1 View Post
    i use fraps as well, meyb there is better program that take less pc performace? eveything over 13 frames makes my game play suffer, wold love to get at lest 20 frames per sec
    I started using Fraps as well, but found that it was lagging the game in order to keep the recordings at full framerates. I did some searching and found that Dxtory didn't have this problem. It keeps the game at best possible speed and if there is any lag it ends up in the recording. You can find it at: http://exkode.com/dxtory-features-en.html

With the proper settings I am getting no lag in game and a steady 30 fps in the recordings. I was getting huge lag in quests that had a lot of action, for example at the end fight in "Friends in Low Places". With Dxstory, I was able to finally get a good completion time without totally lagging out (advance to 4:00 in the video). You can see some slight stuttering at that point the video, but it kept the actual game play for me rock solid at over 60 fps at that part.

Do a Google search for "fraps dxtory bandicam" and you can find sites that compare all three. I found their reviews of Dxtory to be pretty accurate, but your experience may vary with your PC setup. I play DDO on a laptop, so I need something that will make good recordings without killing game performance. If you have a killer desktop rig, any program will function well.
    Last edited by LawfulGood; 05-06-2014 at 09:48 AM.
    Frets warchanter ¤ Haemorrhage reaper killer ¤ Humbucking mechanic ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Thwart tree ¤ Incise fury-shuri ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

@ Bigjunk,

So I took the time to listne to "the troll song". I figured you were just trolling but it turns out I may have been wrong. I actually found it more inspiring than watching you play DDO, so it turns out you were following the guidlines of the thread.

Speaking of you playing the game, havn't seen you online in ages, part time casual gamer now days? Who are you playing mostly anyway? Bigjunk? Meathelmet? Littlejunk? Or that cleric thing, can't remember the toon's name. Anyway hit me up next time your on, we'll run some raids or something.

Default Trial by Fire fastie

Here's a solo three and a half minute run through EE Trial by Fire. Worth 148 Commendations of Valor currently with weekend bonus and XP boosts.

Frets warchanter ¤ Haemorrhage reaper killer ¤ Humbucking mechanic ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Thwart tree ¤ Incise fury-shuri ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

Community Member

I'll just leave this here. In my opinion, it's quite an achievent to get this many unintentional deaths in a completed raid.

Old forum names (that I can't use anymore because of forum changes): Lehmu, Kanttura.
    I play Iioi, Feira, Shrtguy Stabsalot, Hjeelmee Nao, Kesib, Eisiishai, Iioo, Iiio & Havesword Will Travel on Argonnessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehmuska View Post
    I'll just leave this here. In my opinion, it's quite an achievent to get this many unintentional deaths in a completed raid.

If I was online, I'd squelch you for posting that run

And oh my gawwwwwwd, I was even ransacked....

That was the last time I did anything but an EN raid on my archer... and that was like 2 months ago lol
    Last edited by Zoda; 05-08-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Quote Originally Posted by Lehmuska View Post
    One hour video, I thought I'd skim over it but in the end watched the whole thing. Awesome job indeed to bring that raid back from almost whipe. I was in a simillar run last week that was going very smoothly untill the 2 big ellies spawned, then chain deaths, red allert and, well you know how it goes. We were 8 man and couldn't bring that raid back and ended in a whipe.

We have also been noticing a change in agro and threat. You guys seemed to have some agro managment problems as well. Have you noticed a change to the AI?

I just watched that thing beginning to end - that was GOLD

Boy I didn't sound happy there
    Last edited by Cetus; 05-08-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Default So Full of Win!

Ok, i was horrified you posted this, then I watched it, and I could not stop laughing! It is amazing what a little time will do to make you be able to see just how funny it was. None of us were amused at the time I assure you. I also thought I would just skim through it and ended up watching the entire thing and enjoying it

Favorite parts ---

You when you first opened your inventory and we see you have nothing left on. OMG I died. Also when you hid behind the rock. (and the top hat!)

Me cussing out Arthur when he tells us he only had one death.

Zod finding out he is Ransacked and his cries for someone to ..-- Heal me heal me heal me heal me

Cetus growing more silent as the quest when on and standing at the chest not helping clear the trash at the end ... I could almost see the smoke coming out of his ears.

I also loved it that a little naked toon throwing things kept getting the agro of the dragon I felt so sorry for you!

For the cluster that was.... We actually had a decent time
    Kitraine ~ Degenerate Matter
    Completionist / Epic Completionist - 15 Druid / 4 Favored Soul / 1 Sorcerer
    Triple past lives Sorcerer/Wizard/Cleric/Favored Soul/Druid/Morninglord

Other Main Capped Characters
    Krestal Sorcerer Azlix Cleric Talonaise Rogue Assassin

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Just watched that entire video. Gold.
    Possibly the best DDO video I've ever watched.

10/10 Would watch everyone I know die repeatedly for an hour again.

Watching you hide behind the rock and getting agro with all broken gear...
    Cetus raging about Blitzing with boss agro and just slowly getting quieter and quieter..
    And the Zod finding out he was ransacked...

I found immense enjoyment out of your misfortune here.

This actually has me really looking forward to capping tomorrow and playing epics/raids again.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast