Default How do I TR into Iconic?

As simple as that.
    I am currently on my 6th life and I am exploring the option of TRing into an iconic race.
    I was not around when Shadowfell came out, therefor I have nothing related to it.

Are the new races free to VIP or will I need to buy it?
    What exactly is the process to TR into iconic, and will I start at level 15 even though it's my 7th life?

Thanks in advance

Community Member

Have you met the wiki? The linked page has a nice diagram describing your situation.

I'm 99% certain Iconics are not part of the ViP program. In this case, you will have to purchase them separately or as a part of the Shadowfell packages.

Once you have access to Iconics, you can TR your noniconic using the True Heart you are used to using. You will be able to select Iconic at character creation. Your class at level 1 will be locked in (can be fixed using Lesser Heart +X). You will be granted enough XP to level to 15.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

You need to buy the iconics not sure if you can get them separate from the pack or not. Once you do you can TR at 20 into a iconic but be aware you won't be able to TR out of it at 20 you will have to go to 28 I wish I had waited a couple more lives before doing it myself.

Beware the Sleepeater

You need to buy the Iconics a la carte if you did not pick up Shadowfail. I think they start at around 1250 or so Turbine Points.
    After that, TR as normal - just selecting the Iconic as your race.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Such755 View Post
    Are the new races free to VIP or will I need to buy it?
    The latter: each Iconic costs 1295 TP to unlock; or PDK comes bundled with Shadowfell SE, PDK/ML/SDK with Shadowfell CE. Bladeforged were a CE pre-order freebie; now you have to unlock them in DDO store, I think.
    What exactly is the process to TR into iconic, and will I start at level 15 even though it's my 7th life?
    Correct: all Iconics start at lvl 15; they also start with their first level in their chosen class (you can use LR +1 to get rid of it). Note that you have to take Iconics to lvl cap before you can ER or ITR them; i.e., you can't HTR Iconics at lvl 20. So if you thought they would make your TR process less painful - sorry, not so much.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Ok that helps and answers a lot of my questions, so thank you all.
    One last thing, what's the difference between the two shadowfell versions that are now available in the store?

Ok that helps and answers a lot of my questions, so thank you all.
    One last thing, what's the difference between the two shadowfell versions that are now available in the store?
    I believe the only difference is the pre-orders included some additional cosmetic armor choices. Each race gets a unique, that-race-only, cosmetic armor choice. Bladeforged got a Gold version of theirs, for example. Ability and gameplay wise, they are unchanged. I think.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

http://ddowiki.com/page/Shadowfell_Conspiracy

CE gets you two extra character slots, two more Iconics (SDK & ML), 1 Gtr Tome of Epic Learning per server, a free +2 (instead of +1) skill tome per char, and +1,000 TPs.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

9. 04-23-2014, 02:31 AM

Default A word of Caution on LRing...

Do not LR out of the first level as Paladin for the Bladeforged. You will not receive any of the repair spells that the Bladeforged feat grants you. (Although to be fair, Communion of Scribing and enough charges of Lay on Hands *should* get you through most encounters with prudent shrine usage.)

Found this out by burning my +20 heart that I got with either update 18 or 19, whichever one was when they re-did the enhancement trees. Because of this, I have been afraid to test with LRing out of the first level of any of the other Iconic races.
    "F*** Jay and Silent Bob, f*** them up their stupid a**es."
    "Who the f*** said that s***?"
    "A guy who calls himself 'Magnolia Fan'."

Quote Originally Posted by magn0liafan View Post
    Do not LR out of the first level as Paladin for the Bladeforged. You will not receive any of the repair spells that the Bladeforged feat grants you.
    I found this out the hard way too.