Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    (Various good reasons for going Monk rather than the OP's split)
    Your points are valid, but sometimes not splashing Monk is a reward in and of itself. ;-)

I am interested in the "fools gold" rationale and will go searching out said other forums. If the argument is comparing it to a TWF Drunk then I agree that Shield Doublestrike pales in comparison, but the devs have stated that TWF working in Wild Shape is a bug and so it should be fixed... in a year or two.
    Sarlona resident (PureMouse, PlushMouse, [& other little mice], Cryosite)
    Former lurker/resident of Argonessen (Shyelle, Cheyelle, Moonsparkle)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

Without the Dodge i lose knockdown immunity.

Without 13 Druid most of the self healing is lost (and neg level / stat regen)
    Without 1 Wizard i lose (not only the doublestrike) but 10%AC and a Cleave - not to mention Obscuring Mist, Shield and Prot vs Evil!

Evasion would only be useful with higher saves and Epic Reflexes

I would like to say that there is a threshold of AC and PRR that i am happy with, but actually i just keep wanting more (was 230ish/200ish last i checked, don't have a SS for you tho!)
    Last edited by achitophel; 04-15-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Stunning Blow It is mentioned for Heroic Content more than Epic Content, i take Anvil of Thunder in LD but the focus is spamming the 5 cleaves for AoE damage - i rarely hit Anvil of Thunder.

Extend would actually be a good choice - especially since the wizard buffs have low durations
    Last edited by achitophel; 04-15-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achitophel View Post
    Extend would actually be a good choice - especially since the wizard buffs have low durations
    The wiz buffs that get auto extended to 5 mins wont be effected by extend.

The prot evil is frustrating, despite the fact it says 5mins, it only protects you from command for 1 minute. (Extend will boost that to 2mins) shield / night shield work the same way regarding their magic missile immunity.

I would like to say that there is a threshold of AC and PRR that i am happy with, but actually i just keep wanting more (was 230ish/200ish last i checked, don't have a SS for you tho!)
    Fair enough, there is no way a monk splash would compete with raw numbers, I wish the devs would address the stupid that is the current diminishing returns system. I dont feel like your rewarded enough pushing for max ac / prr which is why I always resort to monk splashes.

I'd welcome a change.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 04-15-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Founder

I thought you get the offhands in animal form even with a shield equipped? Or do you have to use handwraps or dual wield to get offhands in animal form? I'm just asking if you need TWF, ITWF, GTWF in your spread....

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    I thought you get the offhands in animal form even with a shield equipped? Or do you have to use handwraps or dual wield to get offhands in animal form? I'm just asking if you need TWF, ITWF, GTWF in your spread....
    TWF does currently grant you offhand hits while in Wild Shape. The devs have declared that this a bug - I'm trying to find the exact post but drawing a blank at the moment. You will get higher DPS if you take advantage of the bug. This build seems to me to be an excellent setup for trying to get as much out of wolf form as one can without taking advantage of the bug and instead leveraging what you can get from a shield. It is left as an exercise to the reader as to which choice is preferable to you personally. ;-)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

Without 1 Wizard i lose (not only the doublestrike) but 10%AC and a Cleave - not to mention Obscuring Mist, Shield and Prot vs Evil!
    I hadn't thought of using Obscuring Mist. Are you using that instead of a Blur item? I figured that your go-to AoE would be Sleet Storm - free Sneak Attack damage + 50% concealment + 25% slow + playing havoc with the AI on most trash mobs is pretty solid. Or do you use Sleet Storm on trash and Obscuring Mist on bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
    I hadn't thought of using Obscuring Mist. Are you using that instead of a Blur item?
    Unlike a Blur item (or Sleet Storm), Obscuring Mist works on virtually anything. Bosses aren't immune. True Seeing doesn't negate. It's really nice for mostly-stationary boss fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
    TWF does currently grant you offhand hits while in Wild Shape. The devs have declared that this a bug - I'm trying to find the exact post but drawing a blank at the moment.
    There might be a more recent update, but: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5110235
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12