Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CitW 2nd Artifact bug

So, I'm curious about why the 2nd Artifact bug isn't on the Known Issues list, and what is being done about it.

After destroying the 2nd Artifact, it is common for the Portal to NOT spawn. It's possible to wing Anna back to the main path, and people that miss will just die and have to run back, but it seems the problem is also causing all chat to break, text and voice. It's a pretty major bug, causing the raid to be nearly uncompletable. Last time in our raid leader warned us in advance, but it was still seriously bogus. To add insult to injury I lag DCd moments before the chests, so got no loot or xp. Pretty bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

How common is this? I've never seen it happen, nor heard of it from any guildies/running mates.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    How common is this? I've never seen it happen, nor heard of it from any guildies/running mates.
    Common enough that the leader had seen it enough to develop a workaround, and saw fit to warn us about it in advance.
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

I've never heard of or seen it either.

Some "bugs" are actually self inflicted problems cause by players trying to take shortcuts.

Getting the Deathwyrm stuck in the wall comes to mind.

How is standing on the island while Anna destroys the artifact, then watching as the portal back fails to spawn, a "shortcut"?

I'm happy to hear that some players have never experienced this. Gives me hope that my next run will be smoother.

FYI this was run on EH, perhaps that's a factor.

Without having been there there is no way to tell what is or is not being done.

This is the first I've heard of the bug ever vs. your leader seams to be familiar with it and have a work around I'd wager that the leader is in fact the one causing the problem somehow.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

This happened last night on Thelanis, EH run also. Maybe we were in the same party?

Portal didn't spawn. We all jumped to our deaths so we would respawn at the begining since you can't cast ddoor in there. We sent in a ticket, I believe the in game support respawned Ana at the beginning. Run was fine after that.

I noticed chat had problems, but didn't appear to break entirely. Many players' voicechat repeated and appeared to lag. Not sure about text chat, we were mainly talking through voice.
    Last edited by axel15810; 04-09-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    This happened last night on Thelanis, EH run also. Maybe we were in the same party?

Portal didn't spawn. We all jumped to our deaths so we would respawn at the begining since you can't cast ddoor in there. We sent in a ticket, I believe the in game support respawned Ana at the beginning. Run was fine after that.

I noticed chat had problems, but didn't appear to break entirely. Many players' voicechat repeated and appeared to lag. Not sure about text chat, we were mainly talking through voice.
    Mine was Tland also, but it was Sundaynight/Mondaymorning. And we sent no ticket, the leader was able to wing back to the path and drag anna with him. About half of the rest of us took the suicide hwy.

Sry that happened to you, but at least I kno I'm not crazy.

Bumping this.

9 months later, still not fixed, still not on the known issues list. Had it happen in two runs from 5 this week. It seems to me that it's caused by one of the orange named falling off the cliff and I feel it needs to be done something about it because it is not the only quest that can be bugged out by this. Sometimes there is no workaround for it and waiting for gm is not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Bumping this.

9 months later, still not fixed, still not on the known issues list. Had it happen in two runs from 5 this week. It seems to me that it's caused by one of the orange named falling off the cliff and I feel it needs to be done something about it because it is not the only quest that can be bugged out by this. Sometimes there is no workaround for it and waiting for gm is not a solution.
    9 months later.

NINE.

Just saying. If you can't wing to the main platform, you and your party just wasted 20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Still happening in half of my runs.

Bumping this.

I have not seen this bug myself yet luckily (although I still run CITW regularly), but that makes a lot sense.
    The portal re-spawning is dependant on killing all the mobs, so mobs falling off the edge sounds like a possible cause.

I seriously wished they would stop linking any quest progression to death of mobs, period.
    We had so many quests now where such a mechanic is causing problems, it's not even funny.
    Last edited by Eth; 01-20-2015 at 04:09 AM.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

13. 01-20-2015, 08:04 AM

Bump. I run into the bug rarely (3-4 times in 2 years). We have a standing order to ignore mistresses on EE and run it the same way every time. Reminds me of Stay at the Inn, which I don't run anymore, or try to avoid to.

15. 01-24-2015, 06:31 AM

16. 01-28-2015, 11:36 AM

17. 02-03-2015, 11:13 AM

18. 02-10-2015, 11:41 AM

Time to fix a 1-year long raid-breaking bug Turbine.

After giving away raiders boxes they assumed no one would run the quest again so it's not on the priority list.

It will never be fixed, no need to bump the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    After giving away raiders boxes they assumed no one would run the quest again so it's not on the priority list.

I will anyways because turbine's attitude towards bugs ****es me off.
    Last edited by Rys; 02-10-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post

That's right, we don't care about any possible new players or those who still want more weapons for their alts or their TR/eTR lives.

They should also stop the Cove and Mabar because everyone has those items at this point.
    Last edited by Wizza; 02-11-2015 at 04:14 AM.

So after pointing out this bug here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...82#post5536082 I am still not sure if the bug has been acknowledged or will be further ignored.

Fix wouldn't be even that difficult. Just let the portal there the whole time instead of spawning when the boss is killed. There is no reason not to, since it is optional and you have to kill all the trash anyway so Ana can destroy the orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    I seriously wished they would stop linking any quest progression to death of mobs, period.
    We had so many quests now where such a mechanic is causing problems, it's not even funny.
    100 times this, please.

I will anyways because turbine's attitude towards bugs ****es me off.
    Well, they will not have a fast solution for this, so it gets on the invisible "ignored" list.

Would be easy tho fix, imho, the quick & dirty way: just spawn the **** portal after a while anyways. E.g. 5 minutes after the portal got spawned from the other side it automatically will spawn even if the usual prereq has not been met. Problem solved.

By the way, maybe the portal only spawns when 2 different conditions are met? e.g. red boss + all mobs dead.

26. 02-22-2015, 07:07 AM

27. 03-06-2015, 11:21 AM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast