Default Pure 20 sorcerer, max crit chance (air savant)

It's few day that I'm thinking on maxing out my spell crit so that is the brakdown:

Magical Training +5%
    Mental Toughness +1%
    Improved Mental Toughness +1%
    Epic Mental Toughness +1%
    Elemental Apotheosis +2%
    Spell critical enhancements +8%
    Wyrm-wrought staff +22%
    Wyrm-wrought exceptional +2%
    Energy Criticals +9%
    -------------------------------
    51% critical chance on electric spell

Am I missing something?

ToD set stack?
    Last edited by Vanhooger; 04-03-2014 at 09:55 AM.

ToD set stacks for a 2% more so that is 53%.

Also, Divine Crusader has an enhancement that gives you up to 10% Universal Spell critical chance (you gotta use Fire/Light/Healing Spells to get this) for a total max of 63%.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    ToD set stacks for a 2% more so that is 53%.

Also, Divine Crusader has an enhancement that gives you up to 10% Universal Spell critical chance (you gotta use Fire/Light/Healing Spells to get this) for a total max of 63%.
    Omg, my second element is fire, that's awesome!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post
    Omg, my second element is fire, that's awesome!
    I don't know if the term "disminishing return" can be use in this case but, while I understand dreaming about max crit is a fun thing, going for it isn't really effective. What happens is, once you hit a certain %, you will need more and more compromises to get it as high as possible while those extra % won't really make much of a difference.

Don't get me wrong, it will up your DPS but not as much as if you would opt for a balance in between, say, crit and spell power.

That being said, I think it's fun to theory craft and play around with different things. It's just that in term of being effective, maxing crit usually isn't a good idea (unless you could hit nearly 100% without putting all your eggs in the same basket).
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 04-04-2014 at 01:42 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    I don't know if the term "disminishing return" can be use in this case but, while I understand dreaming about max crit is a fun thing, going for it isn't really effective. What happens is, once you hit a certain %, you will need more and more compromises to get it as high as possible while those extra % won't really make much of a difference.

Don't get me wrong, it will up your DPS but not as much as if you would opt for a balance in between, say, crit and spell power.

That being said, I think it's fun to theory craft and play around with different things. It's just that in term of being effective, maxing crit usually isn't a good idea (unless you could hit nearly 100% without putting all your eggs in the same basket).
    As for now I have 480 spell power and 46% crit! just cos I miss t3 thunder forged stick. I think is's quite balanced