Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Haunted Halls Maps and Spoiler Alert

Haunted Halls has an awesome dungeon crawl feel to it. I'm really diggin this quest. I can only get in on Normal since its L28 and I'm currently L24. I ETR'ed right before it went live for saves and PRR. This quest has an earthy DnD feel and I love it! I think it's cool that the background of Haunted Halls is made of graph paper

It's been a busy week for me, but I started making some maps of Haunted Halls. They are not complete. I will post a mostly complete blank for your use. The map started to fill back in on me and I didn't have enough time to do the whole quest again last night.

Remember to take a Ghost Touched item (aka Ghostbane) to hit the ghosts.

Blank
    Last edited by Livmo; 03-30-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Cheesey map

Here is a map I started making for myself before I realized I needed to re-run the quest to open the whole map back up : ) )

Last edited by Livmo; 04-06-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Community Member

Curious as to the area to the east of the puzzle room. Is this just a standard secret door and hall connector? I didn't notice it in my own run-through, but then again I didn't have any rogue levels.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Treasure Hunter

Default I miss spelled puzzle : ) )

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Curious as to the area to the east of the puzzle room. Is this just a standard secret door and hall connector? I didn't notice it in my own run-through, but then again I didn't have any rogue levels.
    I can't believe I mispelled puzzle! I was half asleep

Yes that is a secret door and hall connector. I did notice that I had used skill boost to find 2 of the secret doors, but I don't think that was one of them. Also, I did notice that all the secret doors were wall panels with triangle image on them. That door has a triangle on the wall panel.

Here is another image of that hallway with blue lines and circles. The floor drops out and those blue circles are rocky outcroppings to hop to an fro on.

I found out that not all my toons can jump to the left only. I ran one that needed to hop on both outcroppings. I assumed my other toon would clear it like Livmo, but it didn't and I fell into the bowels of HH
    Last edited by Livmo; 03-30-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Edited the image to include JuJu Zombie pull.

Treasure Hunter

Default This player's post deserves 2 thumbs up!

I put this post to the test and it works:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5287874

I did not stick around last night to get the key, but I got a good laugh watching the zombies fall into the bowels. I dropped into the bowels to see if they survived and they were nowhere to be found down there. I didn't head back to the Ju Ju room since I was tired. When you go back up the rope you are on the other side of the dungeon.

EDIT ~ 03/30/2014 ~ Confirmed last night that luring the Ju Ju zombies into falling into the sewer still gives key.
    Last edited by Livmo; 03-30-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Cheesey map

Updated the Cheesey Map.

Notes to self and checklist

• Ring of Djinn
    • Remove Owl Bear from Hireling Folder and place on Hot Bar
    • Check spell components (Crystallized Residuum)
    • Check scrolls (Heal, Reconstruct, Ressurection, Invisiblity, Blur, Greater Heroism, Greater Restoration, Remove Curse and Remove Disease)
    • Check Thieves' Tools
    • Grab Ghost Touch, aka Ghostbane weapons
    • Pick up quest
    • Have food and drink within easy reach
    • Bind in ES pub just in case
    Last edited by Livmo; 03-30-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Treasure Hunter

Default But Wait, What About the Loot?

DDO Wiki

Adding some details to centralize info. here for use with the map.

List of Named Items from HH:

Ruby Eye Augments

• Ruby Eye of the Glacier: 2% Chance On-Hit to cause a blast of cold that deals 7 to 14 points of cold damage per minimum level of the upgraded weapon to all nearby enemies. Pulled one from Giant Skeli chest on EH.
    • Ruby Eye of Force: 2% Chance On-Hit to cause a burst of magical force that deals 3 to 12 points of force damage per minimum level of the upgraded weapon to all nearby enemies. Pulled one from Giant Skeli chest on EH.
    • Ruby Eye of Erosion: 2% Chance On-Hit to cause a blast of acid that deals 3 to 18 points of acid damage per Minimum Level of the upgraded weapon to all nearby enemies. (So, a ML 4 item slotted with the augment would have a 2% chance to do 12 to 72 area of effect damage to all nearby enemies.) Pulled one from the Ancient Mummy chest on EH.
    • Ruby Eye of the Tempest: 2% Chance On-Hit to cause a bolt of lightning that deals 1 to 20 points of electrical damage per minimum level of the upgraded weapon to all nearby enemies. Pulled one from the middle White Dragon chest on EH.
    • Ruby Eye of Righteousness: 2% Chance On-Hit to cause a blast of holy energy that deals 3 to 12 points of holy damage per minimum level of the upgraded weapon to all nearby enemies. Pulled one from Giant Skeli chest on EH.

Augment Slots

Anniversary Card Collection (combine cards 7 and 8 for 5 Jeweler's Tool Kits)

Last edited by Livmo; 07-29-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Light the Dark, Blade Barrier, and Ring of Dejinn

I brought over this post from the other thread. Why? I've experimented with Light the Dark and now have it doing up to 933 damage on each ghost in the mob when it crits. Light the Dark spreads out in a 360 degree wave. Getting the ghosts to cluster, or jumping into a cluster, when you need a heal sends out a nice wave of damage. I'm boosting my positive spell power to increase the damage to the ghosts and it's a wonderful boost of healing to nearby allies. I try to get both baddies and allies in the radius.

On side note, Light the Dark is also effective in The Ruins of Thunderholm.

0-[=========>

Light the Dark

Light the Dark damage works great on the ghosts. I used my SLA Light the Dark from the Unyielding Sentinel to drop their health.

For example, in the fireplace room I would pull small chunks of ghosts back and into a cluster by door at the top of the stairs. When my dog an I needed some heals I would use Light the Dark for the heals and to weaken the ghosts. Light the Dark will recharge. I measured out my 4 SLAs and then kitted when I needed to wait for a recharge. I found I was using 1 to 2 Light the Darks on each pull.

EDIT (03/19/2014) ~ I forgot to mention that Light the Dark is affected by positive spell power. Mine does 333hp damage to surrounding ghosts in Haunted Halls, because I boosted my spell power.

0-[=========>

Blade Barrier

Blade Barrier was nice for fighting the respawns in the mummy room. That mummy took me a good while to kill. The room is small, but still easy to drag the trash spawn thru and kill them while I had the mummy targeted with Imporved Precise Shot.

0-[=========>

Ring of Djinn

The statues and Miior deal serious electrical damage. I ran the Gianthold chain for a Ring of Djinn and took it from the end reward list from chain completion. The quest chain is Epic Return to Madstone Crater, Return to Prison of the Planes, Return to Cabal for One, and Return to Gianthold Tor. The Epic Normal version worked just fine.
    Last edited by Livmo; 03-30-2014 at 09:43 PM.