Community Member

Default U21 visual performance.

Since finally finding an acceptable way to play since this update (....), I've noticed two things:

1. Game performance was a bit choppier than normal. Could be due to .dat file fragmentation, but this was the first and only updated installed since a fresh installation.. so not likely (unless the .dat filesystem fragmentation can get THAT bad after just one update. This was a pretty large one, though, so I suppose maybe it's possible.). Not exactly sure why, unless engine changes were made and I missed it in the notes.

2. Monk-specific visual bug: when using Shadow Veil, rather than my Monk just fading in to transparency a bit, it would disappear completely. I found that I had to have multi-pass lighting entirely disabled for this to stop. This obviously wasn't the case before the update.

So far I've not seen anyone else mention the Shadow Veil bug. It's not game-breaking, and only seems to happen (for me) with multi-pass lighting enabled. Kind of a shame, too, because those lighting effects were pretty nice to have. But regardless, I thought I'd just report that and see what folks here had to say. In-game chat isn't too lively this day on my server it seems. Oh well. :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Requimatic View Post
    So far I've not seen anyone else Mention the Shadow Veil bug. It's not entirely game-breaking, and only seems to happen (for me) with multi-pass lighting enabled. Kind of a shame, too, because those lighting effects were pretty nice to have. But regardless, I thought I'd just report that and see what folks here had to say. In-game chat isn't too lively this day on my server it seems. Oh well. :P
    My Wraithform character is just a pair of glowing eyes now too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    My Wraithform character is just a pair of glowing eyes now too.
    Hahaha, that's hilarious. I can understand being annoyed by it, though..

Quote Originally Posted by Requimatic View Post
    Since finally finding an acceptable way to play since this update (....), I've noticed two things:

1. Game performance was a bit choppier than normal. Could be due to .dat file fragmentation, but this was the first and only updated installed since a fresh installation.. so not likely (unless the .dat filesystem fragmentation can get THAT bad after just one update. This was a pretty large one, though, so I suppose maybe it's possible.). Not exactly sure why, unless engine changes were made and I missed it in the notes.

2. Monk-specific visual bug: when using Shadow Veil, rather than my Monk just fading in to transparency a bit, it would disappear completely. I found that I had to have multi-pass lighting entirely disabled for this to stop. This obviously wasn't the case before the update.

So far I've not seen anyone else mention the Shadow Veil bug. It's not game-breaking, and only seems to happen (for me) with multi-pass lighting enabled. Kind of a shame, too, because those lighting effects were pretty nice to have. But regardless, I thought I'd just report that and see what folks here had to say. In-game chat isn't too lively this day on my server it seems. Oh well. :P

imho the lighning problem goes bit farther. i noticed after update i m not able to perceive any hidden enemies or invisible ones once they get close to me - tho i can see them while far away - they just disappear closing.

i can also see icy breakable floors like thos in ghosts of perdition - those are completely transparent. oh, and even better - icy elementals in stormhorns are now invisible for me. especially funny in last fight in what goes up.

anyone found some technical solution for this? i ll try to update drivers for my GC, but im sure i did quite recently so i dont suppose it will help.