Thread: 5000 Favor

Default 5000 Favor

I am probably not the first since it took most of the first day to complete the three different quests. But, I am probably the only one to not actually get my +5 tome. Turbine was nice enough to turn what I was proud to have accomplished and made it a pain. I went to turn in the reward and the quest reward box appeared and low and behold all +5 tomes. Well, I wanted to take a pic, because we all know that pic or it didn't happen. Well, I hit CTRL+Z to remove the UI and the reward shut also. So, I talk to him again and I get the dialog box as if I had chosen my tome. Put a ticket in, and of course, they say they can't fix it, and I should bug report it. But, of course, bug reports don't fix player issues. So, now, I am sure I am going to have to fight with customer support in order to get resolution. Thanks Turbine.

Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

The same happend to me.
    I turned in the Favor, talked to some ppl, wen afk for some mins. As i came back the client crashed.
    Restarted the client, but the NPC wont talk to me anymore....

So: Approach Nyx, make sure you have no distractions of any kind, turn off sound on your PC, remove cats/dogs/small children from the room, carefully open dialog box, select your Tome, click on it carefully but without any delay.

Otherwise you are screwed.

Academic for me, as I will never have 5000 favor, but still sympathize.

Did you create this FvS specifically for the purpose of grinding favor? The name seems to imply it.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    So: Approach Nyx, make sure you have no distractions of any kind, turn off sound on your PC, remove cats/dogs/small children from the room, carefully open dialog box, select your Tome, click on it carefully but without any delay.

Otherwise you are screwed.

Academic for me, as I will never have 5000 favor, but still sympathize.

Did you create this FvS specifically for the purpose of grinding favor? The name seems to imply it.
    I actually didn't create it with end in mind. At the time of creation, I actually had 8 other toons all of which were working on favor. I ended up with 9 toons over 3,000 (when max was around 3200). Since then, I have cut my time playing AND it takes a bit more grind to outfit one properly for end game (especially TRing), so I currently only play on 2. I have about 5 that get time, but mainly 2. I am going to give the ETR (or a LTR) a try when I get home.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    I actually didn't create it with end in mind. At the time of creation, I actually had 8 other toons all of which were working on favor. I ended up with 9 toons over 3,000 (when max was around 3200). Since then, I have cut my time playing AND it takes a bit more grind to outfit one properly for end game (especially TRing), so I currently only play on 2. I have about 5 that get time, but mainly 2. I am going to give the ETR (or a LTR) a try when I get home.
    Man I hate not being able to edit... Make that ER or LR. I am not Ting anything as you lose favor then..

Community Member

Angry

Got the same problem myself. Not sure what to do so i guess ill make a post about it on the "In game" section of the forum.

Release Notes: (4-2-2014)

If you talked to Nyx to get your 5000 Total Favor reward, but closed the window before selecting your reward, the window will now correctly re-open when you talk to Nyx again.

hope this will work and fix it

50 mins to wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Durkun View Post
    Release Notes: (4-2-2014)

If you talked to Nyx to get your 5000 Total Favor reward, but closed the window before selecting your reward, the window will now correctly re-open when you talk to Nyx again.

hope this will work and fix it

50 mins to wait....
    I am hoping to find out when I get home from work today!

Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    I am hoping to find out when I get home from work today!
    YAY! It worked! Go get your 5000 favor with confidence now.

yup, worked, YAY

time for my Arty to get the 5k