Community Member Cryptic.Assassin's Avatar

Default Quickest way to farm comms?

So, i've just capped my 2 mains and both are around 1700 comms which leaves quite a bit more to obtain before I can ITR them. I'm not here to complain that the 4200 mark is too high (it is though ) but to ask what is the fastest way to farm comms? Currently I am just joining any lfm I see for the higher level epics but at this rate i'd be lucky to have enough for both characters by 2015.

So, is there any method to the mad comm grind or is it pretty much what I have been doing, just running high level epics? Any tips are welcome.
    Pay no attention to my join date, my actual join date is September 2009.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic.Assassin View Post
    So, i've just capped my 2 mains and both are around 1700 comms which leaves quite a bit more to obtain before I can ITR them. I'm not here to complain that the 4200 mark is too high (it is though ) but to ask what is the fastest way to farm comms? Currently I am just joining any lfm I see for the higher level epics but at this rate i'd be lucky to have enough for both characters by 2015.

So, is there any method to the mad comm grind or is it pretty much what I have been doing, just running high level epics? Any tips are welcome.
    I personally find that RUN EE Gianthold give me the best return for my time. That won't be for everyone. I like GH and can run them quick solo or in a party. With a pot running I can easily get 60 per quest..With th3 6 fastest quests there (TBF, Maze, Cabal, Cry, Foundation and Feast. i can get about 360 per hour or so.

You mileage will vary of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic.Assassin View Post

You can run any given quest twice in a "day" before it stops dropping comms IIRC. But, yeah, doing the higher-level quests is about all you can do. XP pots now add to the number of comms you get from a quest, but not sure you'd want to run a pot when you're not actually getting xp.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Depends.

If you have a super strong build, or if you are decent and in a pretty good group, then farming EE is the way to go.

If you are solo, more than likely EH is the way to go. Even though EE gives almost twice as many comms; if it takes you 4 times as long to finish the quest, it's not worth it.

One thing that's true no matter what, high level adventures give more comms. So running wheloon, stormhorns, gianthold and high road is going to pay out much better than running any of the old eberron epics.

Also pick up your xp shrine and put on your voice when you collect your end rewards, they give a bonus to the amount of comms.

Community Member Cryptic.Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Depends.

If you have a super strong build, or if you are decent and in a pretty good group, then farming EE is the way to go.

If you are solo, more than likely EH is the way to go. Even though EE gives almost twice as many comms; if it takes you 4 times as long to finish the quest, it's not worth it.

One thing that's true no matter what, high level adventures give more comms. So running wheloon, stormhorns, gianthold and high road is going to pay out much better than running any of the old eberron epics.

Also pick up your xp shrine and put on your voice when you collect your end rewards, they give a bonus to the amount of comms.

Hmm, good tip here. I thought the granted comm amount was predetermined upon quest completion. I will make sure to be full xp buffed before grabbing the end reward from quests. Thx! Also, both my mains are very self sufficient so i've been soloing StormHorns on EE with my caster and EH with my melee but the time it takes to get to the quests and complete them just makes me get bored very quickly and I end up farming gear instead.

I'd much rather just buy the Iconic Hearts and continue having fun if they were a reasonable price but spending $20 per character to ITR just seems ridiculous to me. I will grab a 30% pot and see if that lessens the grind enough. Thanks guys
    Pay no attention to my join date, my actual join date is September 2009.