Community Member

Default netsession_win forced installation.

Why is the DDO Launcher suddenly trying very, very hard to install this random software to update? Whether it's safe or not, I'd like to know why it's forcefully installed without permission whatsoever.

My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

I see. Thanks much.

Already seen and discussed here long ago :

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...a-step-too-far
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

I love the typical DDO forums melodramatic "a step too far" I can almost hear the 'dun dun DUNNNN'.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Already seen and discussed here long ago :

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...a-step-too-far
    Seen and discussed by some. Not all.

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.

Cannot find the option in the control panel to change settings. Using win7

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Seen and discussed by some. Not all.
    But completely ignored by the decision makers.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Samir_Bennal View Post
    Cannot find the option in the control panel to change settings. Using win7

But completely ignored by the decision makers.
    What settings do you want to change ?
    ( there is basically not much you can change in Netsession... And you specifically cannot change how it starts and when it starts [at boot like a service ] )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

( there is basically not much you can change in Netsession... And you specifically cannot change how it starts and when it starts [at boot like a service ] )
    Not even from the Services Applet? (Not at home right now so cannot verify).

What settings do you want to change ?
    Just saying that people, and Akamai, are saying to go to the control panel to find the settings. Not finding it.

Edit: Found the option after digging through file folders. Still not seeing the control panel option. Either way still have what I was looking for. Put a shortcut to the desktop for quick shutting down when needed. Also, found a text document labeled "guid". It talks about your computer being assigned a number that only your computer and Akamai will know. It also says deleting or changing the number could interfere with what ever downloads you are trying to get and that the Akamai "program" (term used very lightly) could go crazy. Wondering if changing the number will protect our private info but still allow us to access the game.
    Last edited by Samir_Bennal; 03-10-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse