Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Community Member

Hey guys,

I'm on 1.5.1.0 and I have noticed it has stopped working while Wayfinder is down for extended maintenance. I know that because I have turned on debug=2 and after it processes Sarlona it gets to Wayfinder and the log stops at:

2020-07-15 23:16:44 : query_host:

With no detail after it. The XML returned for Wayfinder on the original request looks like:

<World><Name>Wayfinder</Name><LoginServerUrl>(invalid service specified)</LoginServerUrl>

So I am guessing the LoginServerUrl bit is causing an error. It looks like SSG hasn't updated the "GetDatacenters" request to not return the fact that Wayfinder is down.

Is it possible to make DDO-ML handle this properly? I'm thinking it might be a big problem once SSG starts rolling out these behind the scenes updates to the main servers (extended outage one by one).

[1.5.2.0] - 2020-08-11
    Fixed
    • App fails to work when any server is offline, even if its not the selected server.

Community Member

I tried last night to log on with DDO-ML. It didn't work even though I could log in through the Turbine launcher. I tried again today, and it still doesn't let me log in through DDO-ML, but again the Turbine launcher is fine.

The error message just says "Error <account name>". I'm using version 1.5.2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by LFKnowledge View Post
    Someone writes a book about your favorite character in DDO. What is the title of the book?
    The Lord of the Rungs, starring Frodo Laggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    There's no lag, it's D&D trying to become turn based again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    I tried last night to log on with DDO-ML. It didn't work even though I could log in through the Turbine launcher. I tried again today, and it still doesn't let me log in through DDO-ML, but again the Turbine launcher is fine.

Same version is working fine for me. Have you looked in your config file and checked your account name is correct? Did your config ever work? Did you edit something and then it stopped?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    Same version is working fine for me. Have you looked in your config file and checked your account name is correct? Did your config ever work? Did you edit something and then it stopped?
    Yes, it used to work. I didn't make any changes to my config file. I did accidentally click "Change server," but then I hit "Cancel." I don't remember if it worked after that or if that was the moment everything broke. Just to make sure, I tried changing the server back (I tried "sarlona" and "Sarlona", no quotes). None of my individual shortcuts log in to a particular character. They all just log straight into the relevant account(/s for the easy multibox shortcuts), and from there I pick the character.
    Someone writes a book about your favorite character in DDO. What is the title of the book?

Yes, it used to work. I didn't make any changes to my config file. I did accidentally click "Change server," but then I hit "Cancel." I don't remember if it worked after that or if that was the moment everything broke. Just to make sure, I tried changing the server back (I tried "sarlona" and "Sarlona", no quotes). None of my individual shortcuts log in to a particular character. They all just log straight into the relevant account(/s for the easy multibox shortcuts), and from there I pick the character.
    I've found previously that the "change server" option removes your server preference as soon as you click it, thus if you hit "cancel" you just have a blank server entry instead of your old entry. Change the server again and put your preferred server in.
    Furthermore, I believe that the bugs and lag must be fixed.

Community Member

I found the problem - My directory got unset somehow. I opened up the INI file and the noticed that the value for the directory key was blank. I pointed it to the correct folder and now it launches again.

Community Member

I found the problem - My directory got unset somehow. I opened up the INI file and the noticed that the value for the directory key was blank. I pointed it to the correct folder and now it launches again.
    Commit the config files to source control and then you can check each change against the previous revision for accuracy, and revert if there is an issue

Default Error 500: Internal Server Error

I got a new laptop and installed both DDO and DDO-ML anew. ML used to run like sunshine from my external SSD which also had DDO on it in the past. So I kept the ini file and the text file from my old ML installation.

After going through the usual stuff with the virus scanner I managed to get it running. Selected the directory, which at first gave the error that the path could not be found. But that went away...being replaced by another issue. The general window opens with my characters etc, but when I select a character to load I get a window from the ddolauncher.exe saying:
    HTTP post failed.
    Error 500: Internal Server Error

I know it's a rather general error and I am not into programming etc enough to track down what's causing this. I read through most of this thread to find answers, but to no avail so far. Anyone got an idea?

I did start up DDO using the regular SSG launcher without any problems. I am running in the 32 bit version.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuryam View Post
    I got a new laptop and installed both DDO and DDO-ML anew. ML used to run like sunshine from my external SSD which also had DDO on it in the past. So I kept the ini file and the text file from my old ML installation.

After going through the usual stuff with the virus scanner I managed to get it running. Selected the directory, which at first gave the error that the path could not be found. But that went away...being replaced by another issue. The general window opens with my characters etc, but when I select a character to load I get a window from the ddolauncher.exe saying:
    HTTP post failed.
    Error 500: Internal Server Error

I know it's a rather general error and I am not into programming etc enough to track down what's causing this. I read through most of this thread to find answers, but to no avail so far. Anyone got an idea?

I did start up DDO using the regular SSG launcher without any problems. I am running in the 32 bit version.
    • Stop DDO-ML
    • Update you ddo-ml.ini to have debug=2 in it
    • If you have debug.txt or ddolauncher.txt in your DDO-ML folder, delete them
    • Start DDO-ML, select a character to load, stop DDO-ML
    • After ***-ing out all instances of your user name and password, PM me the contents of debug.txt and ddolauncher.txt

[1.5.3.0] - 2020-12-01
    Fixed
    • error caused by changes in configuration xml as of Update 51.2

Added
    • preferences file support for lammania
      (lamma has only 32 bit executable, you can create separate UserPreferences.ini files for lamma and normal servers, having executable set to 32 bit for lamma and 64 bit executable set for others, see sample ddo-ml.xml)

Changed
    • moved preloading from external executable into DDO-ML
    • prefer ddo.launcherconfig file over TurbineLauncher.exe.config

Default Unable to find subscription

Hi,

I using the last version and I cannot login to game, always getting error:

"Unable to find a subscription on your account for DDO. Your Lotro account?"

I have lotro account too, but that is with another user name.
    I setup in INI debug = 2, and I see in the log file that the server returning my DDO account status. But still cannot get login.....

Regards
    Refugee from CM EU servers.... RIP Keeper & Devourer
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Quote Originally Posted by DracoFate View Post
    Hi,

I using the last version and I cannot login to game, always getting error:

"Unable to find a subscription on your account for DDO. Your Lotro account?"

I have lotro account too, but that is with another user name.
    I setup in INI debug = 2, and I see in the log file that the server returning my DDO account status. But still cannot get login.....

Regards
    Nevermind. I deleted a wierd subscription value from the XML and starts working.

Regards
    Refugee from CM EU servers.... RIP Keeper & Devourer
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Thanks again for this great and simple utility.

Since today's update (Update 59, 26 April 2023) I have been unable to get the launcher to work. It errors out with the message:
    "The procedure entry point I_RpcGetBuffer could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Games\DDO Unlimited\dndclient.exe."

EDIT: I realized I was running version 1.4.4 so I updated to the latest version and that seems to have fixed my problem.
    Everything is working once again.
    Last edited by PurpleTimb; 04-27-2023 at 01:39 AM.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920