Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I'll re-compile for 32 bit tonight. Has anyone gotten it to work lol?

It should work just fine with DDO preloader.
    That was the problem as far as my old machine goes. Thanks for doing a 32bit version! It's now working fine here. Nice tool man
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Hi guys, I recompiled everything in 32-bit. Please download it and see if it works this time.
    works like a charm now.

thank you this is awesome!

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

2015 DDO Players Council

Still missing the joke XD
    in other words "it didn't work when i spelled it wrong! herpaderp! lulz"

so it works fine for him too.

also...i LOLed. XD

and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    in other words "it didn't work when i spelled it wrong! herpaderp! lulz"
    You really shouldn't put words in other peoples mouths.

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    You really shouldn't put words in other peoples mouths.
    i was joking. that's what i would have said and how i would say it if i were making that joke. wasn't meant to be a crack at you or anything.

sorry

and R.O.G.U.E !

I hear tell that this Launcher can be used with the game, update the game to Update 21 and run fine without the need to load up Akamai. Is this correct?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Dragonborn Caster/Intim/Tank Druid (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XXXI - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Enlightend Spirit Warlock Tank (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist- ItR - MLE x3)
    RueMeridian - Warforged Artificer (TR II - Arti x1, Wiz x1 - EtR II - Primal x1, Div x1)

Interesting if this still works
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    I hear tell that this Launcher can be used with the game, update the game to Update 21 and run fine without the need to load up Akamai. Is this correct?
    Posted the response in the other thread:

I haven't had the chance to test the update function (mostly using the official launcher to update out of habit), but I'm sure Kahath knew what he was doing with the original python launcher. I'm certainly going to be testing it out later today because of Akamai.

Community Member

[center]DDO Mini/Multi Launcher (DDO-ML)
    version 1.01
    2/12/14

How to use:
    Open ddo-ml.xml in notepad or another text editor and replace the values for account name, password, etc. with your own.
    Absolutely inappropriate to ask someone to do that.

At a minimum you should pop a gui and collect the password using adequate encryption techniques to make sure it's never stored anywhere.
    Last edited by myliftkk_v2; 03-10-2014 at 02:40 PM.

OK, tried the lite launcher to bypass the Akamai thinghy from reinstalling itself after I uninstalled it (first patched the game to U21).

Can't get it to work: a little window appears with acc1, acc2 etc. I select Acc1 and it says "login acc1" followed by "done ... Acc1", but nothing happens???

I have given DDO-ML full access in my firwall and put it as exclusion in Avast - my antivirus thinks DDO-ML is malware btw, but that is another discussion. The antivurus asked if I agreed with launching ddolauncher.exe, and I allowed this as well. But ddolauncher.exe does nothing and is not listed as a running program in taskmanager.

Yes, I have set the correct path (both by DDO-ML and manually), set the correct server, entered my password, account name (which is the "rename value" I guess) and character name.

Any ideas?

Win7 X64 on an i7 870 with 8 Gig RAM, in case that matters.
    Last edited by Syrrah; 03-10-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    OK, tried the lite launcher to bypass the Akamai thinghy from reinstalling itself after I uninstalled it (first patched the game to U21).

Can't get it to work: a little window appears with acc1, acc2 etc. I select Acc1 and it says "login acc1" followed by "done ... Acc1", but nothing happens???

I have given DDO-ML full access in my firwall and put it as exclusion in Avast - my antivirus thinks DDO-ML is malware btw, but that is another discussion. The antivurus asked if I agreed with launching ddolauncher.exe, and I allowed this as well. But ddolauncher.exe does nothing and is not listed as a running program in taskmanager.

Yes, I have set the correct path (both by DDO-ML and manually), set the correct server, entered my password, account name (which is the "rename value" I guess) and character name.

Any ideas?

I'm not sitting at my ddo comp, but if i remember ACC1 (etc) refers to your login account name. The "rename value" is just the name in the windows title bar. (I could be wrong, going from memory).
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post

Any ideas?

Read the first post, there are instructions. Acc1 and Acc2 are just examples, you need to fill in your own account details. There's also a "Patch" button which you can try, however, as I said, it may or may not work.

2015 DDO Players Council

patch button worked for me

as for the xml file...format it like this:

<shortcut label="Acc1"> if you change this, it changes what name shows up in the DDO_ML window
    <account user="username"> your account username
    <pass value="password"></pass> your account password
    <rename value="main_account"></rename> this can be anything. main_account. bank_account. etc. it renames the window. useful when multiboxing
    <character value="">name</character> this can be left blank, or insert the name of the character you want defaulted to on char select screen
    </account>
    Last edited by katz; 03-10-2014 at 04:18 PM.

and R.O.G.U.E !

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    patch button worked for me

as for the xml file...format it like this:

<shortcut label="Acc1"> if you change this, it changes what name shows up in the DDO_ML window
    <account user="username"> your account username
    <pass value="password"></pass> your account password
    <rename value="main_account"></rename> this can be anything. main_account. bank_account. etc. it renames the window. useful when multiboxing
    <character value="">name</character> this can be left blank, or insert the name of the character you want defaulted to on char select screen
    </account>
    So I have to change the attributes and not the /text() except for the character tag where the attribute is empty and the /text() is not?

Example:
    <shortcut label="Only_Me">
    <account user="Admin">
    <pass value="MySuperSecretPassword"></pass>
    <rename value="Main_Account"></rename>
    <character value="">MyCharactersFirstName</character>
    </account>
    </shortcut>

tested and works.

Make sure your server name is in all lowercase!
    Last edited by LightBear; 03-10-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks for this. Looks very useful.

Just two questions:

1) How can I configure it to work with multiple servers?

2) Can I get it to launch via/with ddopreload? Does it matter if I can't?

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Absolutely inappropriate to ask someone to do that.

At a minimum you should pop a gui and collect the password using adequate encryption techniques to make sure it's never stored anywhere.

Hes not asking anyone to do it.

Hes allowing folks that want to, to do it.

Overly paranoid people should not use this.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Hes not asking anyone to do it.

Hes allowing folks that want to, to do it.

Overly paranoid people should not use this.
    It's not overly paranoid. As someone who worked in the information security field, I would never recommend someone store passwords unencrypted on disk. Then again, I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't use this tool. That's their choice, and you have to make security decisions based on your threat model. *shrug*
    (Combat): ********** was healed by you for 5,033 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhauvial View Post
    It's not overly paranoid. As someone who worked in the information security field, I would never recommend someone store passwords unencrypted on disk. Then again, I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't use this tool. That's their choice, and you have to make security decisions based on your threat model. *shrug*

I'm just going to quote a post I made elsewhere:

Do you realize how much of your info and passwords are sent over plain text??* Did you know that passwords stored in your browser are also stored as plain text??*

This isn't a program to make other people happy, it's a personal program to satisfy my own personal uses that made multiboxing, loading the client, managing awesomium etc. easier for me.?* I don't have my password the same as my bank account password, and I don't have my CC info stored in my DDO accounts.?*
    To add: if you care about security, why are you not ranting at chrome and safari for storing your passwords as plain text? Why are you not ranting at turbine for sending your password as plain text over the network?

Those are much larger and obvious security threats than a hacker accidentally happening on an obscure file, in an obscure game launcher for an obscure game. A casual hacker is not going to spend the effort to grep your entire hard drive. He's going to look for the obvious vectors like stored browser data.

Quote Originally Posted by santiago66 View Post
    Thanks for this. Looks very useful.

Just two questions:

1) How can I configure it to work with multiple servers?
    You can duplicate the folder and have one for each different server you use. Alternatively, you change server every time in the tray menu.

2) Can I get it to launch via/with ddopreload? Does it matter if I can't?
    Currently no. I don't know how ddopreload works.

Community Member DeathbringerGod's Avatar

Question

Hello, the game doesn't launch for me with DDO-ML... y double click on login with my account and it says "Done... Account1" but nothing happens
    I'm on XP s3 32bits.

Is something wrong here? I don't know...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <root>
    <shortcut label="MyAccount">
    <account user="MyAccount">
    <pass value="......mypassword"></pass>
    <rename value="DDO_acc1"></rename>
    <character value="ToonName"></character>
    </account>
    </shortcut>

PS: also patch button worked for me too, but the game doesn't lauch
    Last edited by DeathbringerGod; 03-10-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    KHYBER Server * Member of "La Hoja y La Llama" Guild
    Velhaart [2nd Life] (lv 4 Human Fighter), Deathbrngr [2nd Life] (lv 4 Drow Fighter), Shinigammi (lv 30 Drow Monk), Kriegwolf (lv 30 Dwarf Barbarian), Panzerdeath (lv 30 Warforged Fighter), Edvaard (lv 30 Human Paladin), Thengwar (lv 30 Drow Bard), Aorlhac (lv 30 Half-Orc Fighter),
    Tuomass
    (lv 30 Human Druid), Scythelord (lv 30 Human Wizard), Xeerloth (lv 30 Warforged Artificer), Aldahr (lv 30 Shadar-Kai Rogue),
    Krieglord (lv 30 Bladeforged Paladin), Edarim (Lv 30 Sun Elf Cleric), Ianvenn (lv 30 Half-Elf Ranger), Chrometank (lv 30 Warforged Wizard),
    Erwynd
    (lv 7 Human Favored Soul), Naghaar (lv 7 Drow Warlock), Elleak (lv 7 Gnome Rogue)

ARGONNESSEN Server * Officer of "Celestial Knights" Guild
    Edvaard
    (lv 30 Human Fighter), Panzertank (lv 30 Bladeforged Monk/Warlock/Paladin), Deathbringrr (lv 30 Human Barbarian),
    Elkyrd
    (lv 30 Drow Warlock) Edverth (lv 30 Dwarf Fighter) & 15 more...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast